PDA

View Full Version : Roger Goodell's visit leaves some Redskins feeling frustrated

polamalubeast
08-09-2010, 09:07 PM
Roger Goodell's visit leaves some Redskins feeling frustrated
Some Redskins players expressed frustration Thursday about their meeting with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell at Redskins Park.

As part of his training camp tour, Goodell met with players Wednesday at the complex to discuss the upcoming season. He encouraged players to ask questions about the negotiations between owners and the players' union on a new collective bargaining agreement, and that's where things broke down. Instead of offering insight into the negotiation process, players said, Goodell seemed evasive.

"He's walking around kissing babies, you know, shaking hands, and he just wants to say that the owners are over here, the players are over here and I'm in the middle, I'm for the game," top cornerback DeAngelo Hall said. "But to ask him a question about anything, he couldn't answer.

"He couldn't answer this, go check with this, go ask these people, I don't really know. It was a waste of time. We sat there and shot questions at him for 45 minutes, and pushed meetings back and had to be here longer for nothing. A total waste of time."

read more

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/training-camp/roger-goodells-visit-leaves-so.html

TatarMongol
08-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Oh oh. This ain't good.

The Duke
08-09-2010, 09:50 PM
But to ask him a question about anything, he couldn't answer.

"He couldn't answer this, go check with this, go ask these people, I don't really know. It was a waste of time. We sat there and shot questions at him for 45 minutes, and pushed meetings back and had to be here longer for nothing. A total waste of time."

Yep, that sounds like Goodell

"I'm for the game" yeah right. You're in for the money and publicity, admit it already!

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-09-2010, 09:58 PM
He didn't get a real warm welcome at the HOF induction when he took the podium. I heard a lot of boo's. I thought for a minute that NHL's Gary Bettman took a wrong turn. No love for God-ell. There is one thing everyone seems to agree on the guys a jack ass.

st33lersguy
08-10-2010, 09:11 AM
Apparently us steeler fans aren't the only people who realize Goodell is a douche

Edman
08-10-2010, 09:38 AM
Deh Fuhrer is a total douchenozzle.

Destroying a league that Rozelle and Tags spent years building up to be the league it is today.

Kaeg
08-10-2010, 04:30 PM
He could make an excellent politician.......

BigNastyDefense
08-11-2010, 12:31 AM
And when there is no football next year, he's going to say he has no idea why.

What he should be doing is meeting with the NFLPA and the owners and telling them both that it's not good for anyone to not have football next season and that both will have to give up concessions to get this done. Otherwise in the end, fans will just walk away and wash their hands of professional football. They need to realize that without the fans, the lifeblood of the League, the players are flipping burgers and the franchises aren't worth squat.