PDA

View Full Version : In the midst of a losing season, the Steelers are looking to right the ship

stillers4me
11-06-2013, 05:22 PM
Changes are coming to the Steelers (http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/), perhaps big ones. Larry Foote can feel it.

He doesn't know when or where, or who will be involved. All he knows is the Steelers' organization won't stand much longer for the record-setting poor performances this 2013 team is producing.

“This isn't the way the Steelers play,” Foote said of a 2-6 team that surrendered an NFL record 93-yard touchdown run by a quarterback and a team-record 55 points and 610 yards allowed in just its past two games...............

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/5000147-74/tomlin-steelers-lebeau#ixzz2juWZajdO

ALLD
11-06-2013, 06:31 PM
The need to put the rookies in and quit masquerading as a pro team. The Steelers have gone back to the 1960s and switched places with the Pirates.

Edman
11-08-2013, 11:18 AM
This team has no future with it's current present.

It's time to look to the future. At the rate things are going, Pittsburgh will become a Baseball and Hockey Town.

Count Steeler
11-08-2013, 02:11 PM
This team has no future with it's current present.

It's time to look to the future. At the rate things are going, Pittsburgh will become a Baseball and Hockey Town.

If I had water in my mouth, I would have sprayed my monitor. Pittsburgh always has been and forever will be a football, nay, a Steelers town.

Spike
11-08-2013, 04:34 PM
Talk is cheap

Wonder how bad the field conditions will be Sunday

I believe there is a high school game tonight at Heinz Field, Pitt game tomorrow night, then we play Sunday

tube517
11-08-2013, 08:38 PM
I had to reread the title of the thread. I thought it said "....right the shit"

SteelerFanInStl
11-08-2013, 08:48 PM
Talk is cheap

Wonder how bad the field conditions will be Sunday

I believe there is a high school game tonight at Heinz Field, Pitt game tomorrow night, then we play Sunday

That's just unacceptable for a professional team. The Steelers need to stop letting high school and college teams tear up the field before their games. No other games should be allowed the same week of a home game.

Dwinsgames
11-08-2013, 08:59 PM
That's just unacceptable for a professional team. The Steelers need to stop letting high school and college teams tear up the field before their games. No other games should be allowed the same week of a home game.

the Stadium bill had the clause in it to be a partially public funded facility with tax dollars they had to permit HS and Pitt to use it as well to get enough public support now they are left with no options they have to permit them to use it

Psycho Ward 86
11-08-2013, 09:27 PM
I had to reread the title of the thread. I thought it said "....right the shit"

well, that is more accurate

SteelerFanInStl
11-09-2013, 08:29 AM
the Stadium bill had the clause in it to be a partially public funded facility with tax dollars they had to permit HS and Pitt to use it as well to get enough public support now they are left with no options they have to permit them to use it

I figured as much. So the Steelers are the ones that end up getting the shaft. I hate to see what the field is going to look like tomorrow. It was in terrible shape after the last Pitt game.

cold-hard-steel
11-09-2013, 08:37 AM
The hard facts are cold , the Steelers are dwindling down on Steeler road .

steelerdude15
11-09-2013, 12:16 PM
As much criticism as this team has taken this year, there are a couple of things you can't criticize them about and that's having heart and how they haven't stop believing in each other.

ALLD
11-09-2013, 12:41 PM
As much criticism as this team has taken this year, there are a couple of things you can't criticize them about and that's having heart and how they haven't stop believing in each other.

I think just a few may have any heart or intensity. I have witnessed slow start after slow start and then a complete rollover where they gave up against the Pats.

steelerdude15
11-09-2013, 12:51 PM
I think just a few may have any heart or intensity. I have witnessed slow start after slow start and then a complete rollover where they gave up against the Pats.

I don't think they gave up in that game, other than Antonio getting benched for being frustrated and running an awful route. I think they were out played and out coached by a superior team.

Edman
11-09-2013, 05:28 PM

That sadly only goes so far.

They come out flat week after week. Not just the Patriots destroyed them, but so did the Titans. The Bengals. The Vikings. The Bears. And The Raiders.

The 2013 Steelers aren't just losing close games, they've been getting dominated in most of their losses right from the whistle. The only thing the Steelers succeeded in most of their losses was making the score respectable at best (except New England).

Titans: 16-2 at one point. (Lost 16-9)
Bengals: 10-0 at one point. (Lost 20-10)
Vikings: 34-17 at one point. (Lost 34-27)
Bears: 17-3 at one point (Lost 40-24)
Raiders: 21-3 at one point (Lost 21-18)
Patriots: 17-3 at one point (Lost 55-31)

People have really underestimated just how BAD the Steelers have been in 2013. All New England did was drive a fork into this dying animal.

Psycho Ward 86
11-09-2013, 05:32 PM

uh, we just gave up the most points and yards in a game in our 80 year history. highly debatable

SteelerFanInStl
11-09-2013, 09:12 PM
uh, we just gave up the most points and yards in a game in our 80 year history. highly debatable
I agree

steelerdude15
11-09-2013, 10:07 PM

Yet, we continue to hear how the players still support each other and how they still feel they can put out a winning season. That is why they have shown heart to me.

Psycho Ward 86
11-09-2013, 10:32 PM
Yet, we continue to hear how the players still support each other and how they still feel they can put out a winning season. That is why they have shown heart to me.

ive heard that before the new england game but not after. if its true, well at least these kids have heart. ill give them that

XxKnightxX
11-10-2013, 12:46 AM
ive heard that before the new england game but not after. if its true, well at least these kids have heart. ill give them that

Not to be Cynical, but that "supporting each other talk" is their way of hoping that they have a job next year. Yes it also means that they do support each other, but wait until they have to decide who stays and goes, that attitude changes real quick.

Ill be fair, and wont set any high standards for this team for the next 3 years. Its the ups and downs of this business, and Im willing to accept that. I seriously think that our issues can be resolved with getting out of this cap hell and pumping money into the scouting department.

zulater
11-10-2013, 06:52 PM
I wish we were playing the Packers next week instead of the Lions.

HollywoodSteel
11-10-2013, 07:19 PM

Wallace got hurt so he probably isn't playing next week. Wouldn't surprise me if the Packers picked up Matt Flynn. He knows their system and is probably a better fit there than anywhere else.

- - - Updated - - -

Wallace got hurt so he probably isn't playing next week. Wouldn't surprise me if the Packers picked up Matt Flynn. He knows their system and is probably a better fit there than anywhere else.

Am I losing my mind or did your original comment say something about Seneca Wallace?

SteelerFanInStl
11-11-2013, 05:52 PM

I'm definitely not looking forward to facing Megatron next week.

Psycho Ward 86
11-11-2013, 09:47 PM

lol thanks for reminding us! i say we triple team him

Count Steeler
11-11-2013, 09:49 PM
lol thanks for reminding us! i say we triple team him

Can't we just shoot him with a tranquilizer gun? About a 3 hr dose would do it.

zulater
11-14-2013, 09:49 PM

Or maybe we could get Jeff Gillooly to take him out during pre-game warm ups.

Seven
11-14-2013, 09:53 PM

Johnson is missing practices. Hopefully he isn't himself on Sunday.

blackngldblood
11-15-2013, 12:55 AM

Oh no, don't do that! That'll just piss him off....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

fansince'76
11-15-2013, 01:04 AM

Exactly. Art II and Dan Rooney aren't Jerry Jones or Robert Kraft and couldn't spring to build the stadium themselves. And now they are so deep in debt after being forced to buy out the rest of the family's shares in the team (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4349257) that it isn't even funny.