PDA

View Full Version : Disgraceful effort demands action

stillers4me
11-04-2013, 05:28 AM
The Pittsburgh Steelers (http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/).

Read those three words with appropriate depth and drama, and it's hard not to hear them in the voice of John Facenda, NFL Films' legendary “Voice of God” narrator. Just as it's hard not to recall the many great men who have worn the black and gold, from Mean Joe Greene onward. Just as it's hard not to think of this franchise, built on Myron Cope, a little yellow towel, a lot of DEE-fense and a fan base without parallel, as our city's greatest institution, our face to the rest of the world.

That'swhat came to mind when looking at that score lingering on Gillette Stadium's big board long into the night.

Patriots 55, Steelers 31
That's what came to mind when I saw Dan Rooney, head hung, merely pacing through the visitors' locker room, eschewing the traditional win-or-lose shaking of every player's hand.

And, yeah, I'll say it: That's what should come to mind when the Rooneys do due diligence and evaluate all that's gone so wrong in this season that's now 2-6 and careening toward something far worse..............

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/dejankovacevic/dejancolumns/4995292-74/effort-steelers-team#ixzz2jfv0wvgz

Steeldude
11-04-2013, 06:16 AM
Nothing at all surprising about this loss.

Shoes
11-04-2013, 07:58 AM
"You've seen it. This team's a wreck, from Tomlin and Kevin Colbert on down.
No exceptions.
Certainly not Tomlin. Above all, he's failed to have his team ready for games, one of the principal tenets of being a head coach. And it's not just that they've been outscored in the first quarter 61-19. It's that they've looked so bad. As if they don't even have walk-throughs".

"What Tomlin says doesn't matter much, either. When he says he's “angry,” through gritted teeth, or “You re-evaluate everything after a performance like that,” we can only wait to see if he's serious or if he'll just cut another JV punter.
The same should apply to the Rooneys' evaluations and efforts toward restoring the real Pittsburgh Steelers".

Amazing!!!! someone in the sports media finally said it (Dejan will be loosing his parking place). IMO Tomlin isn't a leader nor a head coach….he's not even a motivator because his words have become empty chatter.

Devilsdancefloor
11-04-2013, 07:59 AM
what surprised me is they gave up WTF is that about

ALLD
11-04-2013, 07:58 PM
They rolled over in the 4th when the Pats came out and shoved it down their throats. They had nothing. Offense is still worse than the D, although the D isn't very good. I don't think the rooney's would get rid of Tomlin or LeBeau, but Tomlin is on the verge of being a has been.

tube517
11-04-2013, 08:02 PM
This defense couldn't stop the 2013 Jags or the 1976 Tampa Bay Buccaneers because they QUIT. That is what is so embarrasing about the Pats* game.

Dwinsgames
11-04-2013, 08:05 PM
as a side note anyone watching Eddie Lacy run VS 8 in the box because the bears do not respect Seneca Wallaces ability to throw ( A-Rod in locker room getting xrays )

NCSteeler
11-05-2013, 07:45 AM
Look no further than the young oline of the Bears to know what draft picks are supposed to play like when coached properly

Spike
11-05-2013, 12:46 PM
Look no further than the young oline of the Bears to know what draft picks are supposed to play like when coached properly

ayep - they have a rookie RG, RT combo playing at a high level

we need that

steeldawg
11-05-2013, 02:01 PM
as a side note anyone watching Eddie Lacy run VS 8 in the box because the bears do not respect Seneca Wallaces ability to throw ( A-Rod in locker room getting xrays )

I was at the game, he really did a nice job running the ball but james starks was also tearing them up. I went to Monday night at lambeau for cutler vs Rodgers and I got Mcown vs Wallace.

SteelerFanInStl
11-05-2013, 07:02 PM

Speaking of rookie RBs, has anyone else noticed what Zac Stacy has done for the Rams the last two games since he became the starter? 134 yds against the Seahawks and then 127 yds and 2 TDs against the Titans. I like the way that he runs and he looks pretty damn good for a 5th round draft pick. 5' 8" 224 lbs so he's build like MJD and bounces off of people. Check out the highlight of the 32 yard run that he had against the Titans.

- - - Updated - - -

ayep - they have a rookie RG, RT combo playing at a high level

we need that

Yea, their OL was as bad as ours last year.