PDA

View Full Version : Game ball to Cotchery!

Count Steeler
11-03-2013, 07:04 PM
Great game by Jerricho. 3 TD's. The lone bright spot.

stillers4me
11-03-2013, 07:05 PM
Hat trick! Too bad nobody else played along with him.

Shoes
11-03-2013, 07:05 PM
Great game by Jerricho. 3 TD's. The lone bright spot.

Agreed!

Kittyfish
11-03-2013, 07:11 PM
Cotchery had what must have been a career game. Too bad it was in a losing effort. Lord knows he did all he could to try to help get a win.

86WARD
11-03-2013, 07:36 PM
He gets the game ball. Secondly if give it to Ben.

steelerdude15
11-03-2013, 08:51 PM
He did have a really good game. It was his best game of the year so far.

Count Steeler
11-03-2013, 08:57 PM
He did have a really good game. It was his best game of the year so far.

His best game as a Steeler.

Psycho Ward 86
11-03-2013, 09:06 PM
at least we have another wide receiver that can be relied on besides antonio brown.

and here we have sanders still consistently dropping game changing plays

steelerdude15
11-03-2013, 09:11 PM
His best game as a Steeler.

I can agree with that.

st33lersguy
11-03-2013, 10:05 PM
One of the few Steelers who haven't mailed it in. If only the defense played 5% as good as he did

steeldawg
11-04-2013, 07:45 AM
One of the few Steelers who haven't mailed it in. If only the defense played 5% as good as he did

It had very little to do with desire, It was more to do with the coverage the patriots were playing.

zulater
11-04-2013, 07:48 AM
It had very little to do with desire, It was more to do with the coverage the patriots were playing.

So you're discrediting Cotchery? "Holy double standards Batman!" http://fallforward.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/batman-robin-2.jpg

steeldawg
11-04-2013, 07:52 AM
So you're discrediting Cotchery? Holy double standards Batman! http://fallforward.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/batman-robin-2.jpg

No he had a nice game but it wasn't because he willed himself to do it. The patriots double the outside the receivers to limit big plays and leave one on one matchups underneath to make you consistently beat them down the field. If your telling me cotchery had that game because he played hard then I ask you what has he been doing during the rest of steelers tenure?

zulater
11-04-2013, 07:52 AM
No he had a nice game but it wasn't because he willed himself to do it. The patriots double the outside the receivers to limit big plays and leave one on one matchups underneath to make you consistently beat them down the field. If your telling me cotchery had that game because he played hard then I ask you what has he been doing during the rest of steelers tenure?

Hardly playing. Hard to catch balls from the sidelines.

zulater
11-04-2013, 08:00 AM
By the way I want Wheaton in as soon as he's healthy. But possibly not at Cotchery's expense. Maybe we need to think about benching the guy who has no chance to be here next year. Emanuel Sanders.

Damn they should have traded him to the Patriots last week for whatever they could get. :doh: Not saying he's playing poorly, but he's not going to be part of the future, and this team this year is just playing out the string. So what a waste!

steeldawg
11-04-2013, 08:11 AM
Hardly playing. Hard to catch balls from the sidelines.

It had nothing to do with cotchery playing harder than anyone else, It had to do with coverage he was getting.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way I want Wheaton in as soon as he's healthy. But possibly not at Cotchery's expense. Maybe we need to think about benching the guy who has no chance to be here next year. Emanuel Sanders.

Damn they should have traded him to the Patriots last week for whatever they could get. :doh: Not saying he's playing poorly, but he's not going to be part of the future, and this team this year is just playing out the string. So what a waste!

Well I want to see wheaton first, I didn't think he was all that impressive in college (I didn't think sanders was either). Sanders really hasn't been as good as his stats, because he does nothing for most of the game and then late in the game when we are down he piles up some garbage stats.

zulater
11-04-2013, 08:12 PM
By the way Cotchery was covered by a db on all of his catches. He wasn't being shuttled to a linebacker or dropping DL. He wasn't going into unoccupied zones and taking advantage of a dead spot in the zone. On each catch he had man on man coverage, and beat it. It's ridiculous trying to discredit him. He's a nice player to have around.

By the way our top 3 wideouts are way ahead of the pace set by last year's top 3 wr's to this point. Yeah it would be nice to have a big body type with great skills. But all in all the receivers are one of the few assets on this team. Not great, but above average. Certainly not a liability like last year. .

- - - Updated - - -

at least we have another wide receiver that can be relied on besides antonio brown.

and here we have sanders still consistently dropping game changing plays

That 2nd down drop when the game was 27-24 was a killer. Tough chance no doubt, but one that should be made.