PDA

View Full Version : Goat thread

zulater
11-03-2013, 06:27 PM
I make Ben my number one goat because he choked the game away when he missed a wide open Heath Miller on a 3rd down pass when the game was 27-24. The pass protection was perfect. But Ben gagged it, and as soon as you gave away serve there the game was essentially over.

Yeah the whole team sucks, and it was a team loss. But your highest paid player had it right there for the taking and he gagged it away. https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQaCyP0P2xM42vEI0Mhgwn9ZxH_Kulqk IE63pNyncw6J57x_7FG

ALLD
11-03-2013, 06:32 PM
Hard to blame one individual since everybody played average. Receivers dropped lots of balls and Ben missed several passes. I would give the game ball to #89 cotchery.

Tommybot
11-03-2013, 06:33 PM
They gave up 40 points so far!!!! The whole team sucks today but this one is clearly on the defense. If I had to pick just one player it would be Troy. I am no expert but it looked to me like hIs free-lancing lead to at least two scores!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Tommybot
11-03-2013, 06:37 PM
I stand corrected now it is 47 points against that "tough Steeler D. " PATHETIC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

salamander
11-03-2013, 06:48 PM
The defense gets the biggest goat.

stillers4me
11-03-2013, 06:48 PM
The fucking bengals beat the pats*.

Count Steeler
11-03-2013, 06:50 PM
55 points on the board. Each and every defensive player. 600 f'ing yards. Reality has set in.

zulater
11-03-2013, 06:50 PM
Tomlin should be fired for putting Ben in on this last series. What's the upside?

ALLD
11-03-2013, 06:54 PM
They need to hand off and run the clock out. Ben running for his life is not a good thing.

- - - Updated - - -

If I were going to play college football, I would try to get on the offense. By the time a freshman graduates, there will be no more defense in the NFL.

- - - Updated - - -

Phil Simms for deepthroating Brady on national tv.

JayC
11-03-2013, 06:56 PM
major overhaul needed this offseason. i wonder how much cap space we can shed by releasing half the team

tube517
11-03-2013, 06:57 PM
Defense has no heart or soul. They look like the Jags

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk 4

zulater
11-03-2013, 06:57 PM
Riddle me this. We wont put in starters in during the last preseason game because someone might get injured. So tell me what the fuck's the purpose of putting in all your starters when your down 24 points with 3 minutes to play? Ben took two shot's to the legs that last series that could have ended his season. I almost wish it would have because then maybe the Rooney's would have realized they have to fire this moron Tomlin!

Count Steeler
11-03-2013, 06:58 PM
major overhaul needed this offseason. i wonder how much cap space we can shed by releasing half the team

We're going to need a season to clear out a lot of dead money. No reason they shouldn't start next year. Trade and stockpile draft picks.

Psycho Ward 86
11-03-2013, 06:59 PM
the defense failed epically. but dont fool yourselves. that was a whole CRAP TON of garbage time yards/points that the offense came up with

zulater
11-03-2013, 07:00 PM
Dick LeBeau has to retire at the end of this season. The game has passed him by.

katmandu
11-03-2013, 07:01 PM
The defense gets the biggest goat.x2 + Ben and his (3) Turnovers.

Count Steeler
11-03-2013, 07:02 PM
Riddle me this. We wont put in starters in during the last preseason game because someone might get injured. So tell me what the fuck's the purpose of putting in all your starters when your down 24 points with 3 minutes to play? Ben took two shot's to the legs that last series that could have ended his season. I almost wish it would have because then maybe the Rooney's would have realized they have to fire this moron Tomlin!

I agree. Thought Ben should have been pulled around the 10 minute mark of the 4th. You could tell there was no way we would make a come back. The D was just not interested in stopping anyone today.

katmandu
Dick LeBeau has to retire at the end of this season. The game has passed him by.I don't see how Coach LeBeau can deal with the stress of this shitty defense anymore.

Shoes
Tomlin should be fired for putting Ben in on this last series. What's the upside?

Tomlin is a moron!

Dwinsgames
11-03-2013, 07:03 PM
Kevin Colbert , Todd Haley , Mike Tomlin , a whole BUNCH of players !

Edman
11-03-2013, 07:04 PM
The whole team sucks dick. No goat.

SteelerFanInStl
11-03-2013, 07:16 PM
EVERYONE, from Dan and Art Jr. all the way down.

86WARD
11-03-2013, 07:34 PM
Everyone but Ben and Cotchery.

dislocatedday
11-03-2013, 07:34 PM
Defense as a whole is the goat. Many people claim they lack heart or soul, but I think there is a lack of talent at this point after watching them for the first half of the season. It's just my opinion, but I see McLendon and Hood as sub-par on the defensive line. With the LBs, outside of Timmons and Woodley (although overpaid), none of the linebackers appear consistently solid and capable at this point. In the secondary, Troy and Ike are playing consistently at a high level, and that is about it for the defense. There are too many holes in this unit overall.

86WARD
11-03-2013, 07:40 PM
Today neither Troy nor Ike played at a high level.

Edman
11-03-2013, 08:01 PM
Everyone but Ben and Cotchery.

Oh no, Ben deserves a lion's share of the blame for two boneheaded, backbreaking plays that put the Steelers in a deep hole to begin with. Classic Trademark Ben Roethlisberger. Play like absolute GARBAGE until we're down big, then he decides to play competently. You may find that mediocrity acceptable, but I don't.

-First drive of the game. 3rd and 2. ALL DAY TO THROW. Sack Fumble.

-Defense stops New England at the Goal Line. Heaves up a duck that had no chance and is intercepted. Giving New England a second chance and a short field.

No, the hell with Ben too and his trademark useless garbage time stats. We were embarrassed and humilated in every facet of the game, but at least Ben got his bullshit garbage stats when the game was long over.

st33lersguy
11-03-2013, 08:08 PM
The defense is the big goat, 55 points and over 600 yards against a Patriots offense that had not been their usual productive selves. That was just embarrassing.

NCSteeler
11-03-2013, 08:24 PM
Clark nc gay were lousy today. I think Ike and Troy were over compensating. Hood should never take another snap for us, he sucks in our scheme. Next week,shamarko should start over Clark, Allen should regain his spot over gay. And whoever decided to let gay cover grind should take the week off.

stillers4me
11-03-2013, 08:26 PM
Today neither Troy not Ike played at a high level.

Ike is being evaluated for a concussion.

zulater
11-04-2013, 12:13 AM
Tom Brady looked like an average quarterback in the four games leading up to the Steelers game. He had two touchdowns, four interceptions, was sacked 16 times and never had a passer rating higher than 74.7 in those games. But he got well in a hurry against the Steelers, completing 13 of 18 passes for 252 yards and two TDs in the first half alone. Brady finished with 432 yards passing, four touchdowns and a passer rating of 151.8. "When Tom's on fire, it doesn't really matter who's out there," Polamalu said.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2013/11/04/TWO-MINUTE-DRILL-GERRY-DULAC-S-14/stories/201311040134

Count Steeler
11-04-2013, 04:53 AM
Tom Brady looked like an average quarterback in the four games leading up to the Steelers game. He had two touchdowns, four interceptions, was sacked 16 times and never had a passer rating higher than 74.7 in those games. But he got well in a hurry against the Steelers, completing 13 of 18 passes for 252 yards and two TDs in the first half alone. Brady finished with 432 yards passing, four touchdowns and a passer rating of 151.8. "When Tom's on fire, it doesn't really matter who's out there," Polamalu said.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2013/11/04/TWO-MINUTE-DRILL-GERRY-DULAC-S-14/stories/201311040134

"When Tom's on fire"?. When receivers are left wide open! Was it a shock to anyone in the western hemisphere that Gronk was going to be Brady's go to guy? It looked like our defense has never heard of Gronk and just let him run the field.

Didn't somebody say we would play physical against him? Did anyone bump him at the line?

Sorry Troy, that is BS.

Moose
11-04-2013, 05:30 AM
Again, as the last lost, the WHOLE organization ! F.O. down. It is really hard to watch this team play anymore. Thank GOD for halfway decent temperature's so far in Indiana, pulling the motorcycle out and riding a few hours is at least relaxing.

Steeldude
11-04-2013, 06:20 AM
"When Tom's on fire"?. When receivers are left wide open! Was it a shock to anyone in the western hemisphere that Gronk was going to be Brady's go to guy? It looked like our defense has never heard of Gronk and just let him run the field.

Didn't somebody say we would play physical against him? Did anyone bump him at the line?

Sorry Troy, that is BS.

The Steelers have a history of failing to cover TEs.

Devilsdancefloor
11-04-2013, 07:24 AM
who ever decided to let thomas try to defend gronk who is prbably a foot taller! we had a winning D against tommy, but decided to play off his recievers??!!! if we man up hit them in the mouth we beat them. my goat goes to everyone except cotchery

zulater
11-04-2013, 07:34 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/steelers/2010/04/30/Steelers-Worilds-man-of-his-word/stories/201004300170

That Worilds name was called by the Steelers was something of a surprise.

Penn State linebacker Sean Lee, who went to Upper St. Clair High School, appeared to be the player the Steelers were targeting in the second round after selecting Florida center Maurkice Pouncey with the 18th overall pick. They had a first-round grade on Lee and thought he fit the way they played better than any linebacker in the draft.

But, the Steelers did not think Lee would be available when it came their turn.

When he was, it seemed like an obvious choice. But coach Mike Tomlin really liked Worilds, an undersized defensive end in college who fit nicely as a disruptive outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense -- something the Steelers were lacking behind James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley.

My brother told me about this, first I knew of it. Wow, thanks Mike! :sarcasm:

SteelerFanInStl
11-04-2013, 07:42 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/steelers/2010/04/30/Steelers-Worilds-man-of-his-word/stories/201004300170

Penn State linebacker Sean Lee, who went to Upper St. Clair High School, appeared to be the player the Steelers were targeting in the second round after selecting Florida center Maurkice Pouncey with the 18th overall pick. They had a first-round grade on Lee and thought he fit the way they played better than any linebacker in the draft.

When he was, it seemed like an obvious choice. But coach Mike Tomlin really liked Worilds, an undersized defensive end in college who fit nicely as a disruptive outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense -- something the Steelers were lacking behind James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley.

I yelled about that pick when it happened (I also wanted Lee) and I've been yelling about it since.

Steelman
11-04-2013, 09:05 AM
Goat? Where to start!

This was one of the few games I've been able to watch in it's entirety...well, wow. I picked a major a dud.

I call BS as well on Troy's comment. We played scared from the first minute. And Troy, apart from the strip on Ridley, played a horrid game, along with the rest of the secondary.

Major -F for the whole defense.

Ben had great moments, good moments, and atrocious moments. Maybe it's because I don't know what a good o-line looks like anymore, but I actually thought the OL had a halfway decent game, minus Beachum's whiff, and Gilbert not picking up Ninkovich. Cotchery had a great game, but I think it was a product of the Pats game plan to shut down Sanders and AB and force us to beat them with our 3rd. I'd say it worked. So good on Cotch, but it was a product of addition by subtraction.

Many of the members on the board were calling for a statement game, well, this has to be it. Flat out embarrassing. And I thought the previous 7 games were embarrassing.

NJarhead
11-04-2013, 09:21 AM
Goat? Where to start!

This was one of the few games I've been able to watch in it's entirety...well, wow. I picked a major a dud.

So you jinxed us! :chuckle:

I call BS as well on Troy's comment. We played scared from the first minute. And Troy, apart from the strip on Ridley, played a horrid game, along with the rest of the secondary.

Major -F for the whole defense.

Ben had great moments, good moments, and atrocious moments. Maybe it's because I don't know what a good o-line looks like anymore, but I actually thought the OL had a halfway decent game, minus Beachum's whiff, and Gilbert not picking up Ninkovich. Cotchery had a great game, but I think it was a product of the Pats game plan to shut down Sanders and AB and force us to beat them with our 3rd. I'd say it worked. So good on Cotch, but it was a product of addition by subtraction.

Many of the members on the board were calling for a statement game, well, this has to be it. Flat out embarrassing. And I thought the previous 7 games were embarrassing.

I think Cam gets a pass.

Steelman
11-04-2013, 10:18 AM
I think Cam gets a pass.

I was gonna mention him being probably the lone bright spot on the defense, but since the whole unit sucked some collective ass, it was hard to even bring it up. But you're right, he was the one guy I noticed who played with a lot of effort. Unfortunately it was buried in the rest of the team's lack.

I was going to give Timmons a pass due to playing with a broken hand, but that doesn't explain the horrendous whiff of a tackle on Ridley's goal line touchdown.

NJarhead
11-04-2013, 10:27 AM
I was gonna mention him being probably the lone bright spot on the defense, but since the whole unit sucked some collective ass, it was hard to even bring it up. But you're right, he was the one guy I noticed who played with a lot of effort. Unfortunately it was buried in the rest of the team's lack.

I was going to give Timmons a pass due to playing with a broken hand, but that doesn't explain the horrendous whiff of a tackle on Ridley's goal line touchdown.

"sucked some collective ass...." BWAAAAHAAAAAHAAA!!!

I need to remember that one. lol

Texasteel
11-04-2013, 11:04 AM
Not going to waist my time trying to pick out a player, but will mention the coaching staff as a whole. Unlike some, I think we have some very nice player, and the fact the the staff can't teach this guys, or figure out what position they need to be playing, or even have them ready to play a game. Tells me a lot about their ability, maybe even their dedication.

This was a bone headed pick plain and simple. Lee was the logical pick for us, a much better player. I think Mike was just trying to find a diamond in the rough so all the world could see how brilliant he is. Well, bud, it backfired big time IMO. In that draft I wanted Bryan Bulaga, and Sean Lee, didn't get either one.

steel striker
11-04-2013, 02:29 PM
The defense was the goat bottom line. If you want to blame Ben sure he missed throws had one costly pick that led to points but, this was the best the offense has looked this year. It was a game 24-24 Ben brought the steelers back and, not his fault that the defense was torched by Brady & Gronk. Not to mention Ben running for his life has well and, again Heath Miller used as a blocker more than the great tight end he could be. You can't give Brady that much time to throww the ball and, how come the WR's for the cheats had a free release off the line you have to disrupt the timing. If not it's going to be a long day. Face facts the steelers are not good this year can't stop the run or the pass and, the offensive line is patch work at best. Zu is right about leaving Ben in the game real late he could have gotten hurt real bad. Certain people on this board just want to blame Ben for everything but, I'm telling you this he is still a very good QB but, come on man you need to time throw the ball. Plus several times the WR's ran the wrong pattern. Ben makes up alot just on keeping plays alive and, not many people complain he he extends the play and, throws TD's off those broken plays. I scream at as well to throw the ball away like everyone else. At some paoint you have a down year and, it's time reload.

Craic
11-04-2013, 02:34 PM
BTW, did anyone hear Adams's name after he went in at RT? No? That's because he could PLAY THE POSITION. So there was no need to call out his name. Why they kept trying him at LT I won't know.

Count Steeler
11-04-2013, 03:09 PM
BTW, did anyone hear Adams's name after he went in at RT? No? That's because he could PLAY THE POSITION. So there was no need to call out his name. Why they kept trying him at LT I won't know.

He looked quite comfortable over there. He is our starting RT. Whether our coaches see it or not is another question.

Count Steeler
11-04-2013, 03:15 PM

Yeah, but Lee would still be learning our complex defense. Still seeing spot duty. May never have developed here. Just as very few other picks have.

bayz101
11-04-2013, 05:31 PM
Really? The last person you need to blame for this one was Ben. He had to throw that high and away from the safeties. If Miller had been facing the incoming pass it would have been a catch, but he was running across the field. You don't want to throw a pass towards the safety unless it's where only the receiver has a chance of catching it, and Heath Miller is 6'5. It was unfortunate.

st33lersguy
11-04-2013, 06:16 PM
The entire defense. This isn't a lower-tier Sun Belt team going up against Oregon, this is the NFL, 55 points and over 600 yards is shameful

zulater
11-04-2013, 07:58 PM
I make Ben my number one goat because he choked the game away when he missed a wide open Heath Miller on a 3rd down pass when the game was 27-24. The pass protection was perfect. But Ben gagged it, and as soon as you gave away serve there the game was essentially over.

Yeah the whole team sucks, and it was a team loss. But your highest paid player had it right there for the taking and he gagged it away. https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQaCyP0P2xM42vEI0Mhgwn9ZxH_Kulqk IE63pNyncw6J57x_7FG

Ben wasn't really a goat in this game whatsoever. After rewatching most of the game I really don't think he made that many poor throws. His excellent throws went a long way to getting the team back in the game. As far as the 3rd down miss to Heath, I didn't see it the first time but there was underneath coverage that forced Ben to feather that pass into a much smaller window than i originally thought it to be. Truth be told he threw a perfect pass on second down to Manny Sanders that was good for first down yardage, but Sanders couldn't make the play. On first down Leveon went the wrong way on the play. Thus the Steelers were in 3rd and 10 from no fault of Ben's. So he made one less than perfect highly difficult pass and I condemned him in the heat of the moment?! :doh: My bad.

st33lersguy
11-04-2013, 08:05 PM
Ben wasn't really a goat in this game whatsoever. After rewatching most of the game I really don't think he made that many poor throws. His excellent throws went a long way to getting the team back in the game. As far as the 3rd down miss to Heath, I didn't see it the first time but there was underneath coverage that forced Ben to feather that pass into a much smaller window than i originally thought it to be. Truth be told he threw a perfect pass on second down to Manny Sanders that was good for first down yardage, but Sanders couldn't make the play. On first down Leveon went the wrong way on the play. Thus the Steelers were in 3rd and 10 from no fault of Ben's. So he made one less than perfect highly difficult pass and I condemned him in the heat of the moment?! :doh: My bad.

Yeah, I wouldn't fault the QB when he throws 4 touchdowns and puts up 31 points and the defense gives up 55 points

Shoes
11-04-2013, 08:09 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't fault the QB when he throws 4 touchdowns and puts up 31 points and the defense gives up 55 points

………and 610 yards! :chuckle:

JayC
11-04-2013, 08:16 PM
they should just call every game against us the Senior Bowl.