PDA

View Full Version : Call me crazy, but I want the Pats to demoralize us next week.

XxKnightxX
10-28-2013, 03:25 AM
Sure why not ? We've been getting away with this hack shit O line for years. Defense that can sure rank amongst the top in everything except in turnovers and clutch factors, and a team that just shows absolutely zero consistency. We're in for an ass whooping next week, and for once I wouldn't mind it if it mean rattling the cage of Tomlin and Co. OBVIOSULY, his sense of urgency still hasn't caught on.

I'm not mad at our lack of talent or injuries. Shit man other teams have the same situations like us and still fight through it to get a W or at least come out swinging. But what I do get mad is the piss poor unprepared product we put out there. The philosophy of this team needs change.

Ok rant over.

JayC
10-28-2013, 07:06 AM
I knew the 2 wins were just false hope. While I'm not rooting for an ass beating I am neutral if it happens. This season is lost. All I have left is my fantasy team

Texasteel
10-28-2013, 08:26 AM
If the team can be more demoralized than it is this morning, I would say they have absolutely no pride at all. Tomlin looks to be coaching from his easy chair waiting for some one to bring him a beer. The OC is so full of himself that he would rather fail than change his thinking, let alone his game plan. The OL coach looks like he has come straight from a children flag football league. Then you top it all of with players that only seem to be in what time the flight out is, and will they have enough peanuts for the flight.

Being a Steeler use to mean something, you were the best, you played hard and win or lose the other team knows they were in a real football game, and often limped off the field, you looked into you fans eyes and could say, " We laid it all on the line, and left nothing on the field". Now we are all about how far I am along on my gameboy game, and when they look into the fans eyes all they think is, " and who are you again?"

I still love my Steeler, but not what is going on with this team right now. Just please tell me. Does any one on this team care? From top to bottom, is anyone out there, do you care at all?

Edman
10-28-2013, 08:50 AM
I truly want the Patriots to put us out of our misery and humilate us too. This horrible team needs to be smashed and grinded into the dirt. Something is broken about this team and heads need to roll because of it. Everything about this team in every position is broken, and Tomlin has no damn clue anymore what the hell he's doing. Week after week he has his team woefully unprepared.

Ben is done. It's time to stop kidding ourselves here. He's not the answer anymore. Ship him off to Arizona and start rebuilding. The window on this squad has shut. Kick the Dead Weight to the curb and start anew.

Fighting back for an 8-8 or 9-7 finish will only excuse the mediocrity.

Psycho Ward 86
10-28-2013, 09:50 AM
yeah i agree. we need to be taught a lesson. and the pats will do it for us. 6 sacks in the 2nd half against the dolphins. you can bet they can do the same to us

Mamaduck43
10-28-2013, 11:56 AM
The only redeeming thing that I can see with the season so far is that I am going to have a much easier time getting seats for the Packer / Steeler game on 12/22..... Now I am going to have to figure out if I really want to go to it - - - and/or what color jersey am I going to wear if I do..... I don't feel like freezing my buns in Lambeau to watch another rout!!!!!

smokin3000gt
10-28-2013, 12:17 PM
Want it or don't want it, it's going to happen. Hang on to your butts.

dislocatedday
10-28-2013, 12:19 PM
I'm stunned that many folks want the team to lose (and lose badly) to the Patriots next week. I despise the Patriots and would never want to see the Steelers lose to them. This year's Steelers squad has been disappointing, but I don't think the players as a whole are just mailing it in and not trying. I think there are coaching issues, and a lack of talent along the Offensive and Defensive line that are inhibiting this team severely. I don't think it is a lack of "pride" and effort.

Texasteel
10-28-2013, 12:39 PM
Want it or don't want it, it's going to happen. Hang on to your butts.

No it isn't. They are going to play well and win 35 to 20. Then when we play podunk junior high they will fall apart and loose by 34.

Mistah Q
10-28-2013, 12:56 PM
I would rather lose to the Ravens than to the Patriots, seriously.

But if it helps get Tomlin fired I'll make an exception.

XxKnightxX
10-28-2013, 01:18 PM
I'm stunned that many folks want the team to lose (and lose badly) to the Patriots next week. I despise the Patriots and would never want to see the Steelers lose to them. This year's Steelers squad has been disappointing, but I don't think the players as a whole are just mailing it in and not trying. I think there are coaching issues, and a lack of talent along the Offensive and Defensive line that are inhibiting this team severely. I don't think it is a lack of "pride" and effort.

I see it as a lack of preparedness, and that stems from the coaching staff. How many f'ing years have we been going through this, yet no efficient plan B is put in the works. How come every time a starter goes down then the whole team plays like shit and they try to justify it with injuries. Thats my issue, Mike Pouncey went down 2 plays in, the whole SEASON went down the shitter after that. And its a coaching and administrative issue. So as much as I hate the Patriots, I wouldnt mind the ass whooping of a lifetime, if its actually going to wake up the Rooneys and make them realize that theres some serious rebuilding to do here. I almost want to quote Mike Singletary's famous line ' I WANT WINNERS'. I dont see a win hungry team out of this squad.

Count Steeler
10-28-2013, 03:25 PM

Exactly. If Rooney doesn't know there are problems now, a humiliating loss to the Pats* isn't going to change much. Yesterday was humiliating.

Texasteel
10-28-2013, 03:53 PM
Could be that the Rooney running this team has the wrong first name.

ALLD
10-28-2013, 04:01 PM
Dan Rooney was the greatest team manager of all time in the NFL. This team is a long way removed from when the Steel Curtain appeared on the cover of Time Magazine, not a sports rag. Chuck Noll could shed some light on building a new team. Even Chin is glad he is not responsible for the current mess.
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/58/files/2013/06/Steel_Curtain_Time_Magazine.jpg

Count Steeler
10-28-2013, 04:14 PM
Could be that the Rooney running this team has the wrong first name.

I was hoping the return of Dan might stabilize this team, but it may be too far gone already.

HollywoodSteel
10-28-2013, 04:19 PM
There is nothing magical about the Rooneys. When they hire good people they have good teams, just like everyone else. Even old Art had more bad teams than good ones.

LLT
10-28-2013, 04:44 PM
I'm stunned that many folks want the team to lose (and lose badly) to the Patriots next week. I despise the Patriots and would never want to see the Steelers lose to them.

This.

I will never go into a week hoping we will lose the game.

HollywoodSteel
10-28-2013, 04:50 PM
This.

I agree. I understand the emotion behind some of these posts but I just can't ever root against the Steelers.

steeldawg
10-28-2013, 04:53 PM
I always want them to win, especially against the pats, ravens, bengals, and browns.

Count Steeler
10-28-2013, 04:57 PM
I agree. I understand the emotion behind some of these posts but I just can't ever root against the Steelers.

Don't think it is so much rooting against the Steelers, but expressing frustration with the current situation. Yeah, I support the Steelers, but I don't think many of us would put money on the Steelers to win this week. Doesn't mean we don't love our Steelers and support them, but let's not be foolish either.

I will definitely watch the game and hope that somehow we will beat Brady and the Pats*. But that is the Steelers blood in me. Objectively, I would be shocked if we win.

HollywoodSteel
10-28-2013, 04:58 PM
I truly want the Patriots to put us out of our misery and humilate us too. This horrible team needs to be smashed and grinded into the dirt. Something is broken about this team and heads need to roll because of it. Everything about this team in every position is broken, and Tomlin has no damn clue anymore what the hell he's doing. Week after week he has his team woefully unprepared.

Ben is done. It's time to stop kidding ourselves here. He's not the answer anymore. Ship him off to Arizona and start rebuilding. The window on this squad has shut. Kick the Dead Weight to the curb and start anew.

I get your anger. I really do.

But I'm not sure I completely understand what you want and why. Coaches aside, you want an entirely different 53 guys? I'm pretty sure that can't be what you are saying. But who do you want instead of Ben? Someone in next years's draft? I think that would be a huge mistake. The only "can't miss" guy to come out of the draft in years has been Luck. Is there anyone in the NFL other than the top 4 guys (plus Luck maybe for his future value) that you'd rather have than Ben? If so, who?

Mistah Q
10-28-2013, 04:59 PM
I always want them to win, especially against the pats, ravens, bengals, and browns.I wish we had a yearly game against the Titans. I always loved the Oilers rivalry more than the Browns or Bengals ones. My team hate probably goes Pats > Ravens > Titans > Raiders > Cowboys > Bengals > Browns... or something close to that.

HollywoodSteel
10-28-2013, 05:11 PM
Don't think it is so much rooting against the Steelers, but expressing frustration with the current situation. Yeah, I support the Steelers, but I don't think many of us would put money on the Steelers to win this week. Doesn't mean we don't love our Steelers and support them, but let's not be foolish either.

I will definitely watch the game and hope that somehow we will beat Brady and the Pats*. But that is the Steelers blood in me. Objectively, I would be shocked if we win.

I agree with everything In your post. Like you say, it's in our blood. I think even knight and edman will have a hard time actually rooting against the Steelers, even if they really want to.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish we had a yearly game against the Titans. I always loved the Oilers rivalry more than the Browns or Bengals ones. My team hate probably goes Pats > Ravens > Titans > Raiders > Cowboys > Bengals > Browns... or something close to that.

I have to put Ravens above the Pats for a couple of reasons. Obviously because they are in our division, but also because they feel the same way about us. I think the Pats look at us like just another team on their schedule.

Mistah Q
10-28-2013, 05:15 PM
I had the ravens up top too, but I forgave them a bit after Ray Lewis retired. After the Spygate scandal I will never consider the Patriots to be legitimate so long as Belichek is there... and I had the misfortune of living in New England for a few years. I used to be quite neutral about them but after dealing with their sports media, I actively root for all New England teams to lose.

tube517
10-28-2013, 05:25 PM
I wish we had a yearly game against the Titans. I always loved the Oilers rivalry more than the Browns or Bengals ones. My team hate probably goes Pats > Ravens > Titans > Raiders > Cowboys > Bengals > Browns... or something close to that.

Yeah. Beating Bum was fun but that was a great rivalry. MNF was really worth watching. Earl, Ken Houston, white shoes and Pastorini...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

HollywoodSteel
10-28-2013, 05:25 PM
I had the ravens up top too, but I forgave them a bit after Ray Lewis retired. After the Spygate scandal I will never consider the Patriots to be legitimate so long as Belichek is there... and I had the misfortune of living in New England for a few years. I used to be quite neutral about them but after dealing with their sports media, I actively root for all New England teams to lose.

If I had to live in New England area I'd probably feel the same way. In L.A. We certainly have our share of Bostonians but we also have quite a bit of everything else so it balances out. However, we seem to have a lot more fans of a The Wire than the actual city of Baltimore.

zulater
10-28-2013, 05:34 PM
This.

ditto me that

ALLD
10-28-2013, 05:38 PM
I am predicting UPSET against the Pats. Not what you're thinking, but we will all be upset when we watch the Steelers lose bad again. Would be nice to see the Steelers on a road trip against Seattle, Denver and KC, after the Pats.

tihmtahm
10-28-2013, 06:00 PM

I disagree with that statement. Ben would be doing so much better if we had a line to protect him better. Brady, Manning, and plenty of other QB's have shit themselves far worse with the kind of pressure Ben sees almost every passing down. Protect the QB needs to become a priority!

Hawkman
10-28-2013, 06:12 PM
There is nothing magical about the Rooneys. When they hire good people they have good teams, just like everyone else. Even old Art had more bad teams than good ones.

So true.

tube517
10-28-2013, 06:20 PM
If we could only win one more game this year it would be against these cheating muthafuckers. No way would I want pussy ass Marsha to win

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

SteelerFanInStl
10-28-2013, 07:21 PM
I can't and will never root against the Steelers. Unfortunately I get the feeling that it's going to take a downright disastrous year to open up the eyes of Dan, Art II, etc. as to just how bad this team, and especially the coaching, is. If the Steelers finish with 5-7 wins, they'll still think that this team is close to being a contender and won't make the drastic changes that are needed to get back on the right track.

Wallace108
10-28-2013, 09:13 PM
I can understand the frustration, and I would never criticize anyone for expressing it. As for me, I'm a dreamer. I believe in the concept of "it's not over until it's over." Whether it's football or something in my personal life, as long as there's a possibility, no matter how small, I don't stop believing. Even when all hope seems lost and something seems impossible, I always fall back on the knowledge that "stranger things have happened." While I'm always hopeful, I'm also realistic. The odds of this team getting on a roll and finishing 11-5 or 10-6 are slim. But hey ... stranger things have happened. Right now, the only thing I care about is whooping the Patriots.

Seven
10-28-2013, 11:38 PM
Defense that can sure rank amongst the top in everything except in turnovers and clutch factors

The defense has been forcing turnovers for a few weeks now for the first time in a couple seasons, so I do not think that is currently a problem. I think the problems yesterday were more mundane. It was the same situation they encountered when Tebow beat them in the playoffs. When Oakland actually threw the ball with the lead they weren't prepared. It was just lazy football. I rarely cite lack of effort as a reason for a loss, but the defensive backs should be ashamed of themselves for their performance Sunday. They were going through the motions on any down that wasn't an obvious passing situation.

steel striker
10-29-2013, 10:55 AM
I will never root for the demise of the Steelers because, I have been following this team since i was 10 years old 1978. Getting rid of Ben is not the answer but, everyone has their own thoughts but, really with this banged o-line. Like every Sunday I will root for my team no matter what their record is and, I don't expect them to win you know the saying every Sunday you never know. I hate the cheats wrost than I hate the rats.

Moose
10-29-2013, 04:40 PM
I'm pretty sure you'll get your wish.

86WARD
10-29-2013, 04:48 PM
I always want them to win, especially against the pats, ravens, bengals, and browns.

yes. this.

Psycho Ward 86
10-29-2013, 05:45 PM
The defense has been forcing turnovers for a few weeks now for the first time in a couple seasons, so I do not think that is currently a problem. I think the problems yesterday were more mundane. It was the same situation they encountered when Tebow beat them in the playoffs. When Oakland actually threw the ball with the lead they weren't prepared. It was just lazy football. I rarely cite lack of effort as a reason for a loss, but the defensive backs should be ashamed of themselves for their performance Sunday. They were going through the motions on any down that wasn't an obvious passing situation.

succeeding in a weak area for once, and then failing everywhere else. At least we can count on the team to do that every week smh

blackngldblood
10-29-2013, 09:34 PM
I wouldn't be surprised one bit if we beat the Patriots. Just like I wasn't surprised when we lost to Oakland. Ben has never beat Oakland in Oakland. This team gets up for tough games, and lays stinkers against crap teams. That is a fact....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Mistah Q
10-29-2013, 09:52 PM
If we finish 3-13 but throttle the Patriots I'll be good with that

pepsyman1
10-30-2013, 01:33 AM

Me too. I think we can get a really early gauge as to how well they prepared by how Lebeau brings out the defense. The last time we played (and beat) Marsha and company, Coach D changed it up and went in your face bump and run at the corners and we got in Brady's face all day. No easy dumps to the wideouts and it caught them unprepared. It was the first time I remember seeing Coach D really aggressive in years. Brady shreds us when we play our standard D. If we come out that way it won't matter what their offensive problems have been, they'll light us up

Spike
10-30-2013, 09:35 AM
If we could only win one more game this year it would be against these cheating muthafuckers.

Amen!

what the fuck is wrong with these people?

Shoes
10-30-2013, 09:35 PM
I could never covet a loss for this team.

zulater
10-31-2013, 07:42 AM
"Call me crazy" but I think the Steelers are going to win this Sunday in New England. Don't confuse that with me thinking the Steelers are going to turn around their season, a follow up loss to the Bills in Pittsburgh the following week is highly probable. But getting back to this game the Patriots aren't playing much better than the Steelers. Yes they've been finding ways to win, but Gronk looks like he could be out again, and Brady isn't playing as he normally does. So I just think the Steelers just might go in pissed off feeling as if they've got nothing to lose ( everyone thinks this game is already lost) and go out and play a decent game for a change.

Steelman
10-31-2013, 08:53 AM
"Call me crazy" but I think the Steelers are going to win this Sunday in New England. Don't confuse that with me thinking the Steelers are going to turn around their season, a follow up loss to the Bills in Pittsburgh the following week is highly probable. But getting back to this game the Patriots aren't playing much better than the Steelers. Yes they've been finding ways to win, but Gronk looks like he could be out again, and Brady isn't playing as he normally does. So I just think the Steelers just might go in pissed off feeling as if they've got nothing to lose ( everyone thinks this game is already lost) and go out and play a decent game for a change.

I think you're right. Plus I wouldn't be able to stand losing to Marsha again. I hope our linebackers find something within themselves and plant him into the turf about six times. If he goes off throwing cups on the sideline, I don't care what else happens this (lost) season, that will be worth the price of admission. :pop2:

BnG_Hevn
10-31-2013, 12:02 PM
I think the whole "wanting to lose" comes from hoping something gets shaken up at the top. If the team wins 6 - 8 games, as mentioned above, then nothing will be done or thought of, but if they totally shit the bed, then something "HAS" to be done.

I also think that this has not been an experience, for the most part, that Steeler fans have had to endure and we simply can't justify "not being competitive". I'm not even talking about "good" or "winning", just standing up to be counted.

The sad part is that if Tomlin is not the answer, we are screwed for a number of years to come. If he is the answer, he will be given the time he needs to right the ship.

Shoes
10-31-2013, 01:29 PM
I think everyone understands that, BnG. I think we're beyond squeaking by tho.....we've done that in years past and the rope is too short now.

steel striker
10-31-2013, 02:33 PM
You know the way this season has gone so far Zu is right the Steelers could win this game because, who they are playing. The cheats & the Qb I hate the most and, because of Precious I hate everything New England/Boston.

Craic
10-31-2013, 04:38 PM

I think this is the first time that I've wholeheartedly, without reservation, agreed with you.

Edman
11-03-2013, 07:02 PM
Wish Granted. Thank you New England. for exposing this shitty team.

Tank the season.

SteelerFanInStl
11-03-2013, 07:10 PM
front office, it's your move...

Count Steeler
11-03-2013, 07:10 PM

Tank the season.

Do we have an option? It is not called tanking when you truly can't win. We are not in the position to win many games remaining.

Shoes
11-03-2013, 07:12 PM
front office, it's your move...

The FO is part of the problem, they hired Tomlin & Haley.

SteelerFanInStl
11-03-2013, 07:18 PM
The FO is part of the problem, they hired Tomlin & Haley.

No doubt but I seriously doubt if Art Jr and Dan are going to change anything in the front office during the season.

Seriously, I think that Art Jr. is a big part of the problem.

86WARD
11-03-2013, 07:35 PM

Tank the season.

55. Wish granted as stated above.

Psycho Ward 86
11-03-2013, 10:47 PM
we needed this loss. While i would never root for the permanent demise of this team, this was a statement game (in a bad way), we need to be put on notice, for our future's sake

Dwinsgames
11-03-2013, 10:55 PM
http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Mike_Tomlin_on_Steelers_at_Patriots/5a2ca9fa-b0aa-45de-9359-322a40c7fc02 tomlin with the cocaine sniffles ?

Mistah Q
11-03-2013, 11:34 PM
http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Mike_Tomlin_on_Steelers_at_Patriots/5a2ca9fa-b0aa-45de-9359-322a40c7fc02 tomlin with the cocaine sniffles ?
Well... obviously.