PDA

View Full Version : Ouch!

Craic
10-28-2013, 01:39 AM
I just watched the game, and that's my main response. Ouch.

O line, the pressure is killing the QB. They're just getting overwhelmed every game.

QB, Ben's Ben. Two bones to pick. (1) can't throw the ball up for grabs. (2) Ben has never understood the idea of a hurry-up offense. But for the most part, this game doesn't land on his shoulders.

WRs. Meh. We could've won with them, we could've lost with them. Nothing to see here.

Brown. I like you as a WR. As a PR, square your shoulders and go.

Defense. Sigh. I don't know who had the QB spy coverage, or if there even was one, but the answer to that question highlights who seriously blew that play, and it set the tone for the game.

Suisham. Shake it off. Everyone has a bad game now and then, and for the amount percentage of FGs you've hit, just shake it off and move on to the next game.

All in all, it really feels like the football gods are collecting for the 2005, 2008, and 2010 seasons. I really don't know what else to say.

Devilsdancefloor
10-28-2013, 07:00 AM
Someone is collecting for sure! they just cant help themselves they end up shooting both feet before the game is over

Count Steeler
10-28-2013, 07:02 AM
Hard to find anything positive to say. Starts with Tomlin's travel plans. Maybe there is a reason the rest of the NFL travels earlier to the West Coast.

NCSteeler
10-28-2013, 07:08 AM
Hard to find anything positive to say. Starts with Tomlin's travel plans. Maybe there is a reason the rest of the NFL travels earlier to the West Coast.

Coach Mike Tomlin was asked at his Tuesday news conference if he ever considered changing the Steelers’ travel plan to the West Coast because of the team’s dismal record there.

His answer: “Never thought about it.”

http://www.observer-reporter.com/article/20131026/COLUMN0106/131029463#.Um5TCfmcd8E

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.observer-reporter.com/article/20131026/COLUMN0106/131029463#.Um5TCfmcd8E

Never thought about it, should be all anyone needs to hear to know he's too full of himself . This team has looked like zombies on all west coast trips and aa london trip for a few years and he "never thought about it" SERIOUSLY. But of course under prepared is what I have come to expect from a Tomlin coached team

Buckinnuts
10-28-2013, 07:14 AM
Get a new punter!

NCSteeler
10-28-2013, 07:30 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Never thought about it, should be all anyone needs to hear to know he's too full of himself . This team has looked like zombies on all west coast trips and aa london trip for a few years and he "never thought about it" SERIOUSLY. But of course under prepared is what I have come to expect from a Tomlin coached team

Also we are 0-8 outside Eastern Time Zone, "never thought about it" are your freaking serious

Steelman
10-28-2013, 10:46 AM

I'm beginning to see how ill-prepared Tomlin was to become an NFL head coach. I believe he has what it takes to be a good coach, but he's enduring some tough lessons right now. I just hope he does more than just endure but actually learns from them.

The team looked completely out of whack yesterday, almost exactly like London, except the D played slightly better.

This team has deteriorated so much. It's hard to watch.

ALLD
10-28-2013, 01:12 PM
I like the way the US Congress conducts business better than the way the Steelers execute.

Mojouw
10-28-2013, 08:05 PM
I like the way the US Congress conducts business better than the way the Steelers execute.

You, sir, have won the internet for the day.

zulater
10-29-2013, 08:43 AM
I just watched the game, and that's my main response. Ouch.

O line, the pressure is killing the QB. They're just getting overwhelmed every game.

QB, Ben's Ben. Two bones to pick. (1) can't throw the ball up for grabs. (2) Ben has never understood the idea of a hurry-up offense. But for the most part, this game doesn't land on his shoulders.

WRs. Meh. We could've won with them, we could've lost with them. Nothing to see here.

Brown. I like you as a WR. As a PR, square your shoulders and go.

Defense. Sigh. I don't know who had the QB spy coverage, or if there even was one, but the answer to that question highlights who seriously blew that play, and it set the tone for the game.

Suisham. Shake it off. Everyone has a bad game now and then, and for the amount percentage of FGs you've hit, just shake it off and move on to the next game.

All in all, it really feels like the football gods are collecting for the 2005, 2008, and 2010 seasons. I really don't know what else to say.

Whether it is on the offensive or defensive side of the ball, film study is the lifeline of how players prepare themselves for their upcoming game.

But sometimes the film lies, and you don't have to go much further than Ryan Clark to figure that out.

What the veteran Steelers safety saw on Sunday's game-altering and record-setting 93-yard touchdown run by Terrelle Pryor on the game's first offensive snap isn't what he saw in the hours of film he studied leading up to the game.

The previous film — at least in which the games Pryor played — revealed that if the offensive guard pulled during the read option formation that it was nearly a 100 percent certainty that the running back would get the ball.

Clark was aware of that and was a little too antsy when he saw that happen seconds into Sunday's 21-18 loss to the Raiders.

Oakland guard Mike Brisiel pulled left on a Power-O look forcing outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley to crash down the line of scrimmage, inside linebacker Lawrence Timmons to follow the flow inside and Clark to race to the opposite side of the formation than where the play went and toward Darren McFadden for run support.

It was a combination that proved to be volatile for the Steelers.

Pryor read the play and raced untouched to the end zone for the longest rushing touchdown by a quarterback in NFL history.

It's hard to blame Clark for trusting what he saw on film.

Heading into the game, Pryor kept the ball on the read option 15 times in the five games he played — not once did either guard pull.

On the flip side, Oakland running backs ran the ball 29 times this year out of the read option with 13 coming with the guard pulling.

Incidentally, the same formation that went for the 93-yard touchdown was used by the Raiders in a Week 3 game against the Broncos, and Pryor kept the ball, too. The play was ultimately called back because of a hold.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/4957947-74/film-game-pryor#ixzz2j7M5jNnn
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

Looks like the Raiders just fooled the Steelers. They knew our tendencies on that play, and deviated from their normal actions. With any other qb in the league at worst you end up with them at midfield, but Pryor has 4.3 speed and just dusted the field.

In the end I give the Raiders more credit for the call and execution than I do blame for the Steelers for not stopping it.

The real trouble is that our offense could only put up 18 points, most of them in garbage time against a prevent defense. And if Sushi would have gotten those field goals the games dynamics change and the Raiders play differently with the ball. So I'm not blaming him.

I throw 85% of the blame on the offense. Particularly Haley. The fact that this team can't get out of it's own way in the first quarter game after game tells me this is offense is prepared by a moron. 17 points combined in 7 games in the opening quarter is beyond ridiculous!