PDA

View Full Version : Sanders is Digest Player of Week

stillers4me
10-27-2013, 07:35 PM
There was no clear-cut choice here, simply because there were warts on every individual performance. But Emmanuel Sanders (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/team/roster/emmanuel-sanders/8dbfd17f-3e27-497e-a7ce-4462b4467a6f/) caught seven passes for 88 yards, plus a touchdown, and he also made a pretty play to get himself into the end zone on a successful two-point conversion.

Sanders is the Steelers Digest Player of the Week.

Also considered were Brett Keisel (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/team/roster/brett-keisel/e07c42f5-62cd-4b07-828f-1d192885b0c0/), who had five tackles, one sack, and one fumble recovery; Lawrence Timmons (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/team/roster/lawrence-timmons/afc86dd7-633e-4e37-a4da-5f089a96b666/), who had eight tackles and a forced fumble; Troy Polamalu (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/team/roster/troy-polamalu/1b1010ec-73b6-414d-88ee-72dbd9b48597/), who had three tackles and an interception; and Le’Veon Bell, who had 51 yards from scrimmage and scored the other Steelers’ touchdown.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Sanders-is-Digest-Player-of-Week/2b364c46-d84d-4d52-b6b5-6bc353076bc0

Count Steeler
10-27-2013, 07:44 PM
Yeah, probably right. Though after this game, hard to give out kudos when the season is virtually over. I'm usually optimistic, but I just can't see us getting close to anything now, especially with the O Line blowing up again.

steelerdude15
10-27-2013, 08:02 PM
I'd give it to Lawrence.

NCSteeler
10-27-2013, 08:09 PM
Someone on defense. While sander did ok, he also dropped a few crucial passes.

Psycho Ward 86
10-27-2013, 09:30 PM
sanders has been the next in a line of "meh" #2 receivers. Antwan Randle El, Cedric Wilson, and now Sanders. He made some awesome plays today, but as said before, he cost us a couple times as well.

im very disappointed in brown today even though he's having a strong season. Dropping a wide open 25 yard pass due to a so-so hit from a DB he saw coming, and then gift wrapping an interception for tracy porter. I hope these things, along with that awful easy TD drop dont become trends. I expect more of the same AB we saw against the Bears

jb500ex
10-27-2013, 10:54 PM
I'd give it to Lawrence.
Yes because he was so good on the biggest play of the game

Steeldude
10-27-2013, 11:35 PM
Sanders doesn't deserve it

Dwinsgames
10-27-2013, 11:43 PM
best play of the game was a downed punt by Golden
because he didn't screw it up

zulater
10-29-2013, 12:54 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/receiving/sort/receivingYardsPerGame/count/41

I still haven't watched the game, so I can't say whether Manny earned it or not? But it is sorta funny that his season to date stats are virtually identical to departed "superstar" Mike Wallace. :lol:

Seven
10-29-2013, 12:57 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/receiving/sort/receivingYardsPerGame/count/41

I still haven't watched the game, so I can't say whether Manny earned it or not? But it is sorta funny that his season to date stats are virtually identical to departed "superstar" Mike Wallace. :lol:

I'm pretty frustrated with Sanders. He's playing okay, but he makes a ton of mistakes. I think he's more talented than Wallace. I'm disappointed he isn't producing more. He and Ben need to start spending more time together. It seems like two or three times a week they aren't on the same page and we lose a major gain because of it each time.

Psycho Ward 86
10-29-2013, 01:34 AM

why is that funny? That's horrible news for us. That means we get a crappier compensatory pick for losing wallace in free agency and it also means sanders is...well you know, playing shitty. you must just really hate wallace more than you should. especially when his success is paramount for us getting the best draft pick possible.

Craic
10-29-2013, 02:15 AM
Sanders doesn't deserve it

How'd I know that'd be your post? :chuckle:

Steeldude
10-29-2013, 03:32 AM
How'd I know that'd be your post? :chuckle:

Because I dislike rewarding mediocrity : )

IMO, Polamalu deserved it more. Then again, it's hard to find anyone deserving in this loss.

zulater
10-29-2013, 05:56 AM
why is that funny? That's horrible news for us. That means we get a crappier compensatory pick for losing wallace in free agency and it also means sanders is...well you know, playing shitty. you must just really hate wallace more than you should. especially when his success is paramount for us getting the best draft pick possible.

It's funny because some insist the Steelers should have over payed Wallace. It's funny because the sulky bastard torpedoed what was probably the Steelers last chance to have a playoff run for the next several years. It's funny because the national media fawned all over the Dolphins for the major addition of Wallace. It's funny because some wanted to make the Steelers 2013 failures all about losing the mediocre Wallace.It's funny because Wallace intimated that the Steelers held him back and that he would thrive with Tannehill.

NJarhead
10-29-2013, 06:16 AM
Sanders is more a goat than anything else. Took him until the second half to get on the same page as our QB, plus he had a couple bonehead penalties.

I'd give it to Marcus Gilbert just for staying in the game for 60 minutes.

86WARD
10-29-2013, 06:21 AM
If we are lucky, Sanders will be traded today...

zulater
10-29-2013, 06:39 AM
If we are lucky, Sanders will be traded today...

If the Patriots still would ante up that 3rd round pick they were willing to give up last spring for him that would be a good move for the Steelers future.

NJarhead
10-29-2013, 07:23 AM
If the Patriots still would ante up that 3rd round pick they were willing to give up last spring for him that would be a good move for the Steelers future.

Agreed.

tube517
10-29-2013, 07:26 AM
Cheats* need a WR. They should make the trade once Wheaton comes back.

zulater
10-29-2013, 08:15 AM
Cheats* need a WR. They should make the trade once Wheaton comes back.

Trade deadline is 4 p.m. today.

tube517
10-29-2013, 09:24 AM
Trade deadline is 4 p.m. today.

Pull the trigger now then.

86WARD
10-29-2013, 04:50 PM
Well...another fine move by the front office. Sanders will be gone with no compensation. lol...all you can do is shake your head right?

Craic
10-31-2013, 12:51 AM
Because I dislike rewarding mediocrity : )

IMO, Polamalu deserved it more. Then again, it's hard to find anyone deserving in this loss.

He is having a heck of a season, isn't he? How I wish he was 23 and the future for us to build around.

Psycho Ward 86
10-31-2013, 01:11 AM
He is having a heck of a season, isn't he? How I wish he was 23 and the future for us to build around.

no he hasnt? He's been the heir apparent to our tradition of mediocre #2 receivers: courtney hawkins, antwan randle el, cedric wilson, and now sanders.

Seven
10-31-2013, 01:25 AM
no he hasnt? He's been the heir apparent to our tradition of mediocre #2 receivers: courtney hawkins, antwan randle el, cedric wilson, and now sanders.

He was referring to Troy Polamalu, not Sanders.

Craic
10-31-2013, 02:39 AM

Um, look at context, I was talking about Troy P. Sanders is young enough still that if we wanted to, we could build around him.

86WARD
10-31-2013, 05:19 AM
No they couldn't. They can't afford him...lol.

NJarhead
10-31-2013, 09:19 AM

You forgot Bobby Shaw. I think, for the most part, those guys were productive for us , save perhaps Courtney Hawkins. And that's when we were hurting in the WR department and ended up drafting a bust and then Plax. Keep in mind too, that we were a successful running team in those days. Back then, it was kind of rare to have a surplus of stud WR's. I think the only time we did was in '95 after which, seemingly our entire depth of WR's went off to start somewhere else. Nowadays is when you wee more Stud FL's & SE's.

Psycho Ward 86
10-31-2013, 12:33 PM
Um, look at context, I was talking about Troy P. Sanders is young enough still that if we wanted to, we could build around him.

whoops my bad.

You forgot Bobby Shaw. I think, for the most part, those guys were productive for us , save perhaps Courtney Hawkins. And that's when we were hurting in the WR department and ended up drafting a bust and then Plax. Keep in mind too, that we were a successful running team in those days. Back then, it was kind of rare to have a surplus of stud WR's. I think the only time we did was in '95 after which, seemingly our entire depth of WR's went off to start somewhere else. Nowadays is when you wee more Stud FL's & SE's.

yeah i agree. its strange having to put effort into being optimistic about this team. If you really think about it, where are we definitively strong exactly? A difficult question to answer right now. Definitely areas of promise though. A glimpse of promise. Good enough for me, heres to a better future.

steelreserve
10-31-2013, 07:20 PM
Nobody deserves a "player of the week" award in a loss, unless maybe it was a close loss against a decent team in a good game and we went down fighting. This was a crappy, uninspiring loss against the Raiders. Nothing but farts get handed out as far as I'm concerned.

Craic
10-31-2013, 07:38 PM
whoops my bad.

:chuckle: I've never done something like that. :wink02:

Steeldude
10-31-2013, 10:03 PM

Season or that single game? I am referring to that one game.

Craic
10-31-2013, 11:08 PM
Season or that single game? I am referring to that one game.

I know. I was referring to the season, however. Troy's had his best season probably since 2008. Not being injured really does wonders.

NJarhead
11-01-2013, 07:17 AM
whoops my bad.

yeah i agree. its strange having to put effort into being optimistic about this team. If you really think about it, where are we definitively strong exactly? A difficult question to answer right now. Definitely areas of promise though. A glimpse of promise. Good enough for me, heres to a better future.

Haha. Very true.

I don't know where we're strong right now, other than QB.