PDA

View Full Version : Get to Terrelle? Not these Steelers

stillers4me
10-27-2013, 10:29 AM
By every reasonable reckoning, this should be just another black-and-blue Sunday by the Black Hole for Terrelle Pryor.

But it won't be.

He should get slammed into the Raiders' home turf at every other turn, just as he has been sacked 20 times in the 158 times he has dropped back to pass. He should get pressured into a pick or two. He should fumble. He should, especially after being concussed so badly after one game last month he'd later tweet, “Good hit by whoever it was!” … he really and truly should play his part in the enduring narrative of the young QB going all jelly-legs against the Dick LeBeau defense.

Except that Pryor won't have any of that happen to him..........

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/dejankovacevic/dejancolumns/4936276-74/sacks-steelers-percent#ixzz2iw8A6m00

SteelerFanInStl
10-27-2013, 11:11 AM
100% true

tube517
10-27-2013, 11:39 AM
No sacks and no turnovers means the offense has to work that much harder. Hard to believe they are number one in yards allowed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Shoes
10-27-2013, 12:36 PM
Hood and Heyward were not worthy of #1 picks, plain and simple. There should have been more evidence that they were worthy by year four...but there isn't any.

Count Steeler
10-27-2013, 12:38 PM
Hood and Heyward were not worthy of #1 picks, plain and simple. There should have been more evidence that they were worthy by year four...but there isn't any.

I agree on Hood. Heyward should get 1 year as a starter. At least he has shown some strength and drive. Looks like he plays with better leverage than Hood. But, yeah, 1st round was a bit steep.

tube517
10-27-2013, 01:12 PM
Heyward is progressing. Hood is regressing and will probably be gone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

salamander
10-27-2013, 01:16 PM
This shouldn't surprise anyone. The defense has been sub-par for a while now.

fansince'76
10-27-2013, 01:21 PM
I agree on Hood. Heyward should get 1 year as a starter. At least he has shown some strength and drive. Looks like he plays with better leverage than Hood. But, yeah, 1st round was a bit steep.

I think it bears mentioning that Hood was a #32 pick and Heyward was a #31 pick, which makes both of them practically high second rounders. It's not like they were top-5 picks or anything.

X-Terminator
10-27-2013, 01:39 PM
I think it bears mentioning that Hood was a #32 pick and Heyward was a #31 pick, which makes both of them practically high second rounders. It's not like they were top-5 picks or anything.

And I don't remember too many fans being upset over the picks either. Especially Heyward.

Hindsight. It's a wonderful thing, isn't it?

stillers4me
10-27-2013, 02:12 PM

Yep. We were picking from the bottom of the barrel for a number of years and it's showing now.

Shoes
10-27-2013, 02:59 PM

It would be interesting to see who other teams picked at the 2nd & 3rd rounds at this position (same draft class).

SteelerFanInStl
10-27-2013, 04:29 PM
And Woodley whiffs once again. Big surprise there.

- - - Updated - - -

They're still not living up to their draft position. A 1st round pick should get you a solid starter at the least. Neither can be described as being a solid starter.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck this! Down 21-3 with less than 2 minutes left and we run the f'ing draw. Then Ben gets sacked.

I've got better things to do with my time than watch this shit.

86WARD
10-27-2013, 04:41 PM
And I don't remember too many fans being upset over the picks either. Especially Heyward.

Hindsight. It's a wonderful thing, isn't it?

I hated the Hood pick from day one...