PDA

View Full Version : Steelers can't afford another loss to Raiders

stillers4me
10-24-2013, 05:31 AM
The Steelers (http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/) must avoid falling into a black hole in Oakland, and they know it.

With the Steelers (2-4) probably needing to go 8-2 in their final 10 games to assure themselves of reaching the playoffs, they can't afford yet another bad loss to a bad Raiders team — something that's occurred three times in seven seasons.

Just such losses in 2006, 2009 and 2012 — to Raiders teams that won only 11 games combined in those three seasons — ultimately cost the Steelers any chance for the playoffs.........

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/4927481-74/steelers-raiders-black#ixzz2idNeMjfG

86WARD
10-24-2013, 05:46 AM
Damn straight.

salamander
10-24-2013, 06:16 AM
Sorry, but I do not have a good feeling about this game. History is simply not on our side.

steel striker
10-24-2013, 02:04 PM
Man we really need this game and, it does worry me as well. I still think the Steelers will win this one.

Count Steeler
10-24-2013, 03:35 PM
Let's see if the coaches have turned a corner. As they have proven all too often, they make it hard to beat teams they are supposed to beat. They SHOULD win by 2 TDS. We will be lucky to score 2 tds. Come on Swish!

steeldawg
10-24-2013, 04:54 PM
I guarantee a victory.

Steelman
10-24-2013, 04:54 PM
What I didn't understand were the articles about how the "underdog Raiders" can upset the Steelers...I don't know what they're talking about, Oakland scares the crap out of me. Our record there in recent years is abysmal at best.

We really need this win, but I only have very guarded optimism that we'll get out of there with that W.

LLT
10-24-2013, 05:36 PM
Sorry, but I do not have a good feeling about this game. History is simply not on our side.

I'm pretty confident....Game planning against their offence should be relatively simple.

Play the run and MAKE them pass. They are the #32 ranked passing team in the league...DEAD LAST. They are the #9 ranked run offense.

We do however need to be careful about the blitz because Pryor will pull it down and run if given the chance. So...our linebackers have GOT to be assignment specific and not bite on fakes and trick plays. Let the line do their job and then flow into the gaps.

This would be a good week for the 4-3 look.

Psycho Ward 86
10-24-2013, 06:04 PM
I'm pretty confident....Game planning against their offence should be relatively simple.

Play the run and MAKE them pass. They are the #32 ranked passing team in the league...DEAD LAST. They are the #9 ranked run offense.

We do however need to be careful about the blitz because Pryor will pull it down and run if given the chance. So...our linebackers have GOT to be assignment specific and not bite on fakes and trick plays. Let the line do their job and then flow into the gaps.

This would be a good week for the 4-3 look.

i dont think its quite that simple. Pryor is a dangerous running quarterback and that might entail some use of a QB spy. And thats totally a lawrence timmons job, we've done it with him before. And if timmons has that responsibility, its not hard to imagine that vince williams wont be exploited at some point. defense has to prove they can hold the fort without the use of a QB spy. we saw that timmons can be a one man wrecking crew with a broken hand against the ravens. what will we look like if there is a possibility that he will be neutralized for much of the time for one job? i will tread lightly, especially with a steelers team that has generally played poorly

Moose
10-24-2013, 06:17 PM
We lost 4 preseason games ( I know, preseason means nothing), then went 0-4 when games count and then finally won 2 games ( not handily mind you) and some of you are still talking play-off scenario's. This team still isn't good. Keep that in mind. You all think what you will, by all means that's your prerogative. But until this teams starts dominating the other team for 60 minutes, creating turnovers, busting through lines and picking up yards, making catches and staying on the field for more than 3 downs, and most importantly scoring TD's instead of FG in the RED ZONE, this team is still in the learning, transition period. As the thread title stated, " We can't afford another loss" and 3-4 would look great and I think it's possible, it definitely would get the 'talking heads' on sport channels looking our way. I'm still sticking with my 7-9 season prediction (still not sure where the 7 wins come from), but sure do hope the Steeler's win out and prove me wrong. GO STEELERS

LLT
10-24-2013, 06:37 PM
i dont think its quite that simple. Pryor is a dangerous running quarterback and that might entail some use of a QB spy. And thats totally a lawrence timmons job, we've done it with him before. And if timmons has that responsibility, its not hard to imagine that vince williams wont be exploited at some point. defense has to prove they can hold the fort without the use of a QB spy. we saw that timmons can be a one man wrecking crew with a broken hand against the ravens. what will we look like if there is a possibility that he will be neutralized for much of the time for one job? i will tread lightly, especially with a steelers team that has generally played poorly

Imteresting. But with the lack of a passing offense..I would think that Troy would be a better spy...dont you?

Dwinsgames
10-24-2013, 06:40 PM

but the law of averages is

ALLD
10-24-2013, 06:56 PM
i dont think its quite that simple. Pryor is a dangerous running quarterback and that might entail some use of a QB spy. And thats totally a lawrence timmons job, we've done it with him before.

I think we already dropped #43 behind enemy lines by parachute at midnight for spy duties. How many times do you think he will jump the center to get to Pryor or at least rattle him?

Psycho Ward 86
10-24-2013, 07:06 PM
i think pryor is better than people are giving him credit for. not sure how much weight you can put into a team thats last in passing yards per game. I mean, the seahawks are 25th in passing yards but russell wilson is lighting it up.

Edman
10-25-2013, 01:44 AM
I don't think the Steelers overlook the Raiders at all.

I think simply put Oakland just has their number, especially in their place. Oakland is just another one of those teams (Jacksonville, Tennessee) that gears up when they play Pittsburgh. The 1970's may be long dead, but it's clear Oakland still takes Pittsburgh really seriously, which is why they're always so competitive against the Steelers, even when they suck.

The Steelers may have beaten Baltimore, but their Red Zone Offense still sucks balls and it still way too clunky, and contributing factor to why the Ravens were able to keep the game close and tie in the fourth. The D isn't forcing turnovers either. It's a recipe for another Oakland disaster Sunday.

fansince'76
10-25-2013, 07:15 AM
Personally, I haven't declared this season over yet even with the 0-4 start, but if we drop this one I probably will.

tihmtahm
10-25-2013, 10:18 AM
I guarantee a victory.

Yeah... but for which team?

steelreserve
10-25-2013, 10:24 AM
If you cross out "to Raiders" in the title, you've got a sentence that makes better sense.

Craic
10-25-2013, 11:35 AM
Personally, I haven't declared this season over yet even with the 0-4 start, but if we drop this one I probably will.

In all reality, I think a loss this week really hurts. If we lose to anyone else, it needs to be another NFC team, but I don't even remember if we play another one.

Dwinsgames
10-25-2013, 11:42 AM
I guarantee a victory.

and what does that garner us if you are incorrect ?

you going to pay us each $100 ?

you going to stop posting for 2 weeks ?

what exactly is the guarantee worth ???

or is it more like an empty promise of unleashing hell in December ???

HollywoodSteel
10-25-2013, 03:29 PM
If you cross out "to Raiders" in the title, you've got a sentence that makes better sense.

We can loose no more games!

Sorry. I got a Pimply Dan flashback.

silver & black
10-25-2013, 03:42 PM
You might be surprised but............. I really hope you lose to the Raiders. :heh:.....................:jolly:

tube517
10-25-2013, 03:51 PM
In all reality, I think a loss this week really hurts. If we lose to anyone else, it needs to be another NFC team, but I don't even remember if we play another one.

Packers and Lions

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

fansince'76
10-25-2013, 05:48 PM
We can loose no more games!

Sorry. I got a Pimply Dan flashback.

"They need to start wining some games and can no lose any more games."

:chuckle:

salamander
10-25-2013, 09:40 PM
Still don't have any confidence in us winning this game. :heh:

XxKnightxX
10-25-2013, 10:42 PM

Packers. We're going to get torched.