PDA

View Full Version : Tony Moeki?

Bluecoat96
10-23-2013, 02:40 PM
Take it for what it's worth, but I just saw on Twitter that the Steelers are mulling a waiver claim of him, pending an inquiry into his injury history. Thoughts?

Randy06
10-23-2013, 03:26 PM
Eh, not much else to say. He was decent, but what he was and "is"are two different things.

Texasteel
10-23-2013, 03:38 PM
To tell you the truth, I lost track of Tony. When he was at Iowa he was an extremely good TE but was often injured. If this has carried over into the pros I don't think I would touch him.

Count Steeler
10-23-2013, 03:41 PM
To tell you the truth, I lost track of Tony. When he was at Iowa he was an extremely good TE but was often injured. If this has carried over into the pros I don't think I would touch him.

He would fit right in then. Sign with the Steelers and go on IR.

tube517
10-23-2013, 03:57 PM
He cannot be signed unless he is already on IR

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Psycho Ward 86
10-23-2013, 04:35 PM
He would fit right in then. Sign with the Steelers and go on IR.

He cannot be signed unless he is already on IR

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

im confused. and what kind of injury history does he have. I know he had a torn acl but thats i recollect

Count Steeler
10-23-2013, 04:36 PM
im confused. and what kind of injury history does he have. I know he had a torn acl but thats i recollect

Levi Brown and that other TE that signed and was injured.

86WARD
10-24-2013, 05:50 AM

He was the next coming of Tony Gonzalez in KC and then he couldn't stay healthy. Injury after injury after injury.

Mistah Q
10-24-2013, 09:19 PM
I'm all for it.

Allred and Riemersma didn't work out for us as far as bringing guys back from injuries, but we're looking at 2nd-3rd string here. Do it.

steelreserve
10-25-2013, 10:26 AM
Let's do it. It looks like our goal is to break both the Most Crappy Tight Ends in a season and Most Tight Ends with Major Injuries, and this guy will help us reach both. Slam dunk.

Dwinsgames
10-25-2013, 10:40 AM
Talented kid who has not proved to be durable enough to play in this league on a consistent basis , not as the number 1 guy anyways .... if he could prove to be worthy of a dozen snaps a game and be healthy in the process he could be huge in a teams success ... I just have little faith in his ability to do so if history is any indication of future results

Texasteel
10-26-2013, 06:38 AM
Tony was not a crappy TE. He had as much talent at the position as anyone, IMO. When he first got to KC he started showing that he could be one of the better TEs. in the league. He just never seemed to have the knees he needed to play.

Count Steeler
10-26-2013, 08:19 AM
Any word on the return of Matt Spaeth? Did we waste the IR - can return designation on him?

Dwinsgames
10-26-2013, 08:34 AM
Any word on the return of Matt Spaeth? Did we waste the IR - can return designation on him?

wasted signing ( said it when It happened ) he will make the same amount of impact of IR as he would on the active roster

Psycho Ward 86
10-26-2013, 01:00 PM
wasted signing ( said it when It happened ) he will make the same amount of impact of IR as he would on the active roster

Pro football focus graded him out as the #1 run blocker in the league in 2012. Not sure where that assessment comes from, especially since he started to turn into a decent blocker in the later years during his 1st stint as a steeler

Dwinsgames
10-26-2013, 08:00 PM
Pro football focus graded him out as the #1 run blocker in the league in 2012. Not sure where that assessment comes from, especially since he started to turn into a decent blocker in the later years during his 1st stint as a steeler

in a pass first league if impact from a blocking TE is something you covet to replace a multi talented guy like Miller you are in trouble before you start

KeiselPower99
10-26-2013, 09:00 PM
If he is able to play I say why the hell not. Rumor is Spaeth may not play this year and I dont understand why we have Gordon on the roster.

Psycho Ward 86
10-27-2013, 01:29 AM
in a pass first league if impact from a blocking TE is something you covet to replace a multi talented guy like Miller you are in trouble before you start

spaeth's return wouldnt be to replace miller. youre crazy. 2 tight end sets are commonplace in this pass first league we live in. With the generally poor blocking from our tackles, 2 tight end sets will be a huge asset for the team, especially when you have arguably the best group of blocking tight ends in the entire league.

tube517
10-27-2013, 09:44 AM
If he is able to play I say why the hell not. Rumor is Spaeth may not play this year and I dont understand why we have Gordon on the roster.

Remember, we only sign players ALREADY on the IR or about to go on IR. :chuckle: