PDA

View Full Version : NHL linesmen have been instructed to stop a fight when..

Devilsdancefloor
10-23-2013, 11:20 AM
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/23/report-linesmen-to-stop-fights-if-helmets-come-off-first/

From TSN’s Darren Dreger:

NHL linesmen have been instructed to stop a fight when the participants opt to remove their helmets prior to swapping blows.

This isn’t a rule change, simply a common sense approach to encourage players to protect their head at all times.

X-Terminator
10-23-2013, 11:29 AM
Nice. Just make the games even more boring than they already are. There was a time when I wouldn't miss many games on TV other than the Pens, but now, the sport is pretty much unwatchable. Either teams play boring styles (I'm looking at you, Colorado), or they are basically figure skating with sticks in their hands, with little physical play at all. No thanks.

Devilsdancefloor
10-23-2013, 11:42 AM
yeah i miss throw throw the puck in the corner and the strongest man comes out with it. i hate the Avs always have and now even hate them more now that Roy is back

Craic
10-24-2013, 03:21 AM
So, let me get this right. The league would rather have a bunch of their players sitting out with broken knuckles, than have one or two guys sitting out with a concussion? I get player safety, but taking off the helmet for a fight is literally a choice the player is making IN THAT MOMENT whether to risk exposure or not. I stopped watching hockey a long time ago. Don't even catch the playoffs really anymore. Glad I'm not.