PDA

View Full Version : Shaun Suisham named AFC special teams player of week

Shoes
10-23-2013, 11:19 AM
Steelers kicker Shaun Suisham hasn’t missed this season, and he finally hit on some recognition.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/23/shaun-suisham-named-afc-special-teams-player-of-week/

Devilsdancefloor
10-23-2013, 11:21 AM
SUSHI!!!!!!!!!!

steelreserve
10-23-2013, 11:25 AM
Remember when we used to talk about how we ought to give Jeff Reed whatever he wanted - $4M, $5M a year - because no other kicker would do well at Heinz Field? Doesn't that seem silly now?

I was in doubt over Suisham after that one up-and-down season, but he has made me all but forget about Reed (and thankfully, Peterson and Kris Brown). The guy has really come a long way, and my hat goes off to him.

Count Steeler
10-23-2013, 04:35 PM
Way to go Swish. The brightest star this season on the roster.

st33lersguy
10-23-2013, 04:59 PM
Our most consistent player thus far

ALLD
10-23-2013, 06:25 PM
Top scorer too.

Psycho Ward 86
10-23-2013, 06:38 PM
pretty crazy that this is the guy that used to be one of the most notorious choke artists in the league with the cowboys and redskins. i was a huge skeptic when we signed him, but so far so good. Maybe he'll get to the pro bowl finally. although the new format will make it even harder

86WARD
10-24-2013, 05:48 AM
$uisham!!

zulater
10-24-2013, 06:05 AM
Too bad he can't punt. :lol:

GoSlash27
10-24-2013, 04:30 PM
Dammit! They just gave "Boobies" the whammy. :(

steelerdude15
10-24-2013, 07:58 PM
Congrats Shaun, you deserve it.

Mistah Q
10-24-2013, 09:26 PM
Too bad he can't punt. :lol:
Maybe we can bring in this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuwO1aP_GrU

tube517
10-27-2013, 06:41 PM
I think this award jinxed him, dammit.

katmandu
10-27-2013, 06:43 PM
Steelers kicker Shaun Suisham hasn’t missed this season, and he finally hit on some recognition.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/23/shaun-suisham-named-afc-special-teams-player-of-week/..... AND he earned GOAT of the Game today !!! His two misses costs us this game.

In my 40+ years watching football, I don't believe I have ever seen someone go from such extreme performances from one week to the next.

UNFUGGINGBELIEVABLE !!!

Shoes
10-27-2013, 06:52 PM
..... AND he earned GOAT of the Game today !!! His two misses costs us this game.

In my 40+ years watching football, I don't believe I have ever seen someone go from such extreme performances from one week to the next.

UNFUGGINGBELIEVABLE !!!

You must have missed the longest QB run in NFL HISTORY.....MADE BY A ROOKIE!

stillers4me
10-27-2013, 06:52 PM
..... AND he earned GOAT of the Game today !!! His two misses costs us this game.

How about blaming the offense that failed to produce 14 points instead relying on the kicker to produce 6?

stillers4me
10-27-2013, 06:54 PM
You must have missed the longest QB run in NFL HISTORY BY A ROOKIE!

We keep setting one record after another this season.

Shoes
10-27-2013, 06:54 PM
We keep setting one record after another this season.

Love ya, Sue :chuckle:

Count Steeler
10-27-2013, 07:10 PM
This must have gone to his head. Or he got scared in the Black Hole.

Psycho Ward 86
10-27-2013, 07:12 PM
You must have missed the longest QB run in NFL HISTORY.....MADE BY A ROOKIE!

its his 3rd year in the league if its any consolation

zulater
10-27-2013, 07:23 PM
This is what happens when you're too reliant on field goals. Score some more touchdowns and then your kicker doesn't have to be perfect.

stillers4me
10-27-2013, 07:26 PM
This is what happens when you're too reliant on field goals. Score some more touchdowns and then your kicker doesn't have to be perfect.

:hail:

Shoes
10-27-2013, 07:27 PM
its his 3rd year in the league if its any consolation

Thanks, I do have brain farts now and then. :chuckle:

Count Steeler
10-27-2013, 07:28 PM

That's what Tomlin said.

katmandu
10-27-2013, 08:05 PM
Does Suisam prefer the holder to hold the ball at an angle (to the side) or what ?

GoSlash27
10-27-2013, 10:16 PM
Dammit! They just gave "Boobies" the whammy. :(

^ Man, do I hate being right all the time :(
/enough blame to go around...

ALLD
10-28-2013, 01:20 PM
Vintage John McKay
One of the highlights of the 1976 season though were the quotes from John McKay. Not just content with being a good coach, McKay was at his hilarious best throughout the 14-game losing streak in that expansion season and beyond.

“It bothers me that they (the national media) have picked us to be the worst team in football. Because what they are doing now is challenging your physical and your mental capacity and my ability to coach you. Now, this hurts me. Second worst team, I could stand it. But not the worst team.”

“We’ve broken down the expansion teams and they’ve averaged winning 2.7 games their first year, which to me is rather difficult. I figured out the 2, but the .7 has got me wondering what the hell is going on.”

When he heard that one of the kickers during training camp, Pete Rajecki, had mentioned he was nervous kicking in front of his coach, McKay asked that the press “Tell Mr. Rajecki that I plan to attend all the games.”

"Kickers are like horse manure. They're all over the place."

"We didn't tackle well today but we made up for it by not blocking."

"Intensity is a lot of guys that run fast."

"Emotion is highly overrated in football. My wife Corky is emotional as hell but can't play football worth a damn."

On his team's blocking strategy: "Hold when you're at home and don't hold when you're on the road."

"If you have everyone back from a team that lost ten games, experience isn't too important."

On how coaching an expansion team is a religious experience: "You do a lot of praying, but most of the time the answer is 'no.' "

“I’ll probably take a little time off and go hide somewhere. We will be back. Maybe not this century, but we will be back and we will be a better football team.”

On the Buccaneers poor special-teams play, “They were absolutely horrible and that’s the best thing I can say. Besides that they were bad. These people are not poorly paid you know.”

On the play of Joe Namath in the Jets 34-0 victory over Tampa Bay, “Namath is still Namath, but I must say that our guys were nice to him. I noticed when they knocked him down, they helped him to his feet. That was gentlemanly. I thought one stood around long enough to get his autograph.”

On how badly the Bucs looked in losing to the Steelers 42-0, “There were times I felt like leaving the stadium and hitchhiking home.”

"If a contest had ninety-seven prizes, the ninety-eighth would be a trip to Green Bay."

On Tampa Bay ending its 26-game losing streak: "Three or four plane crashes and we're in the playoffs."

Psycho Ward 86
10-28-2013, 01:39 PM

Tomlin, is that you? :chuckle: