PDA

View Full Version : Raider Fan here

MarineRaider
10-22-2013, 01:59 PM
I am coming on here looking for your thoughts about our upcoming game. I haven't seen any of the Steelers games this year, but know that things have not been right.

While the Raiders have not been the greatest our Defense has been very solid and Terelle Pryor has been progressing very well. I think this will be a tight contest with Oakland coming out on top something like 28-21.

Thoughts

NJarhead
10-22-2013, 02:06 PM
Who's to say. Last year I would have bet the house on the Steelers crushing the Raiders but that didn't happen. I expect our defense to play well so we may be looking at a tighter matchup. Say:

Winner 20
Loser 13

MarineRaider
10-22-2013, 02:09 PM
I could see that score as well.....something tells me this will be a heartbreaker game with a last minute TD break a tie game and win it.

X-Terminator
10-22-2013, 02:36 PM
silver & black will be glad to see another Raider fan here :wink02:

Anyway, the past 3 matchups with the Raiders have not gone well for the Steelers, and that was with better teams. And they generally don't play well on the Left Coast. So who the heck knows what will happen? I agree with NJarhead's 20-13 final, though.

Craic
10-22-2013, 02:45 PM
everyone's wrong. 31-14, San Francisco. Yeah, that's right, because both these teams are going to do something so horrendously stupid this game that they'll just give the win to the team across the bay. :wink02:

steel striker
10-22-2013, 02:49 PM
Like most steeler games these days it will be a close one 24-17 steelers I hope.

salamander
10-22-2013, 03:16 PM
Welcome to SU! I don't feel good about this game. Actually, I don't feel good about most of our upcoming schedule.

steelreserve
10-22-2013, 03:25 PM
We always find a way to lose to the Raiders, no matter how good we are or how bad the Raiders are. This year, since we're the ones doing worse, I fully expect us to win. Bruce Gradkowski will come in off the bench and go wild, and Mike Adams scores the winning TD. This is always just a Twilight Zone/rabbit hole game and nothing ever goes the way you would think.

Randy06
10-22-2013, 03:28 PM
I don't think the Raiders will pull off the win. I believe that Lebeau has something in store for Pryor, and I feel our offense has a rhythm.

Count Steeler
10-22-2013, 03:29 PM
Welcome Marine.

Looking for a tight game unless Bell runs for a buck to a buck fifty. Steelers 20-17.

Mistah Q
10-22-2013, 03:43 PM
Raiders 82
Steelers 3

(reverse psychology)

Psycho Ward 86
10-22-2013, 03:54 PM
using reverse psychology as well, i think we'll win just because of that lol. Steelers 24-17

but seriously, terrelle pryor and denarius moore are looking especially good. i used to think moore was just another stereotypical super fast wide receiver with a handful of awesome/flukey catches, but he looks like the real deal. And really love Pryor's attitude. now thats the kind of contagious mind that you want leading your team

HollywoodSteel
10-22-2013, 04:18 PM
We always lose to back up QBs. Since the Raiders don't have a starting QB on the roster we're doomed.

steeldawg
10-22-2013, 04:43 PM
We crush you guys.

silver & black
10-22-2013, 04:54 PM
I suppose I might as well get in on this. This is going to be an interesting game in so far as neither team looks good. I'm giving the nod to the Steelers because we are due to lose to them and our O line consists of one starter and the rest practice squad trash...... and maybe a cheerleader or two.

I have no idea what the score will be. If the Raiders come out one point ahead at the end, I won't complain........ I just don't think it's in the cards this time.

tube517
10-22-2013, 05:16 PM
Ben is winless at Oakland. We lose 17-16

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Count Steeler
10-22-2013, 06:07 PM
I suppose I might as well get in on this. This is going to be an interesting game in so far as neither team looks good. I'm giving the nod to the Steelers because we are due to lose to them and our O line consists of one starter and the rest practice squad trash...... and maybe a cheerleader or two.

I have no idea what the score will be. If the Raiders come out one point ahead at the end, I won't complain........ I just don't think it's in the cards this time.

That usually translates to 0 sacks and very few QB pressures.

HollywoodSteel
10-22-2013, 06:12 PM
That usually translates to 0 sacks and very few QB pressures.

Depends on how D.L. decides to approach it. He might not want to risk getting too aggressive and letting Pryor beat us with his legs if he slips away from defenders in the backfield. He might fake blitzes and try to confuse Pryor, forcing him to beat us with his brain and arm.

Count Steeler
10-22-2013, 06:16 PM
Depends on how D.L. decides to approach it. He might not want to risk getting too aggressive and letting Pryor beat us with his legs if he slips away from defenders in the backfield. He might fake blitzes and try to confuse Pryor, forcing him to beat us with his brain and arm.

That is an understandable approach if you are facing a decent OLine. Point being, Raiders are depleted and the O Line should be exploited. History says we won't take advantage of that weakness.

Psycho Ward 86
10-22-2013, 06:19 PM

why so negative? You have a GM who did great work for one of the best organizations in football, Reggie Mckenzie, and a promising young quarterback. It all starts from the top.

HollywoodSteel
10-22-2013, 06:23 PM
That is an understandable approach if you are facing a decent OLine. Point being, Raiders are depleted and the O Line should be exploited. History says we won't take advantage of that weakness.

Yeah, chances are we'll see a mixed bag of stuff thrown at the young QB and the sketchy O-line. Of course I'd love to see us wrack up a bunch of sacks on these guys, but on the other hand I fear that their line is so bad that we'll have like four defenders in their backfield moving so fast that their momentum takes them right past Pryor and he takes off for huge gains. :)

HollywoodSteel
10-22-2013, 06:29 PM
why so negative? You have a GM who did great work for one of the best organizations in football, Reggie Mckenzie, and a promising young quarterback. It all starts from the top.

I agree as far as saying that as a Raiders fan you can have some hope here. Pryor took what looked like it was going to be a disastrous year for you guys and put a little spring in your step. Anything can happen, especially with that home crowd on your side. The Raiders always seem to get extra pumped when they play us.

silver & black
10-22-2013, 07:38 PM
You will find Raider Nation divided about that.

I'm not negative. I realize the rebuild will take 2-3 years. Weather RM is the guy or not remains to be seen. As for Pryor, that also remains to be seen. I'm fairly impressed with where he is at this point. If he can become a real NFL QB, we just might be on our way back.. I think he can.

Psycho Ward 86
10-22-2013, 08:57 PM
You will find Raider Nation divided about that.

I'm not negative. I realize the rebuild will take 2-3 years. Weather RM is the guy or not remains to be seen. As for Pryor, that also remains to be seen. I'm fairly impressed with where he is at this point. If he can become a real NFL QB, we just might be on our way back.. I think he can.

wow very disciplined expectations. the way i see it, if pryor can have this much success with only 1 truly dynamic player to throw to, a shaky o-line, and an inconsistent back, he can get the job done better than the average nfl qb for sure. reggie mckenzie is the big one for me though. i feel that a good owner and/or GM and/or head coach can fix a lot under his pecking order, and thats pretty much what every successful team has

Seven
10-22-2013, 09:31 PM
I'm going to name drop here. But for the record, I've played with Pryor at Altman park in Jeanette and as of his freshmen year at OSU he wasn't the best thrower of the football :chuckle: Had to work that in there. It looks like he's improved a lot in all seriousness. He's also gotten a lot bigger in the pros. I think the Steelers win unless he pulls one out of a hat or Ben blows up, which he has done against the Raiders in the past. I'm not worried about stopping the run sans Pryor doing it in improvisational circumstances. I think Brown beats any DB on Oakland's roster which is enough for me to give the nod to the Steelers. I could see Heath having a nice game. I think it may be tough running for Bell but if they stay with it he can probably get 60 yards, maybe break a long one. I don't see where the Raiders make their money on offense in this one. I'll take the Steelers. 28 - 10.

- - - Updated - - -

And welcome to board Marine, I hope you enjoy the game. I'd wish your team the best of luck, but well, you know.

MarineRaider
10-23-2013, 08:35 AM
Honestly, I think the offense may have a few short fields to work with, we have been getting pretty good at forcing turnovers and Ben has not been himself (t least stat wise) this season. May cause some scoring opps.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and thank you all for the warm welcome.

NJarhead
10-23-2013, 08:39 AM
Honestly, I think the offense may have a few short fields to work with, we have been getting pretty good at forcing turnovers and Ben has not been himself (t least stat wise) this season. May cause some scoring opps.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and thank you all for the warm welcome.

Our offense stumbled out of the gate....and around turn one..., and some more around turn two, BUT! (lol) we've been getting better at not turning it over.

Again, this game (@ Raiders) is always tough to call. I honestly don't know what to expect, but I think we're improving.

cold-hard-steel
10-23-2013, 08:57 AM
It very well could come down to a battle of 3 pointers . If that's the case , i would think something along the line of 22-16 our boys walking away with the 5 fieldgoals 1 touchdown win .

cold-hard-steel
10-23-2013, 09:08 AM
If only Chuck and John were there coaching , then i would say 13-10 steel is forged .

Steeldude
10-23-2013, 12:14 PM
The Steelers should win this due to the Raiders being without a QB.

silver & black
10-23-2013, 03:54 PM
The Steelers should win this due to the Raiders being without a QB.
How are the Raiders without a QB? If by that you mean Pryor isn't a polished, seasoned vet, I agree. BUT...... he has other intangibles even though he isn't Brady, Manning or Ben.

MarineRaider
10-23-2013, 04:50 PM
Our starting Center Lil Wiz returned to practice today and will paly on sunday barring any setbacks so our line should fare much better than it did against the chefs

silver & black
10-23-2013, 05:40 PM
Our starting Center Lil Wiz returned to practice today and will paly on sunday barring any setbacks so our line should fare much better than it did against the chefs

That will certainly help, but our line needs more help than that.

fansince'76
10-23-2013, 10:45 PM
First off, welcome to the board, MarineRaider! :drink:

For some reason, the Steelers have played like utter crap in Oakland in recent years, so I can certainly understand why you'd be confident. However, considering that the Steelers are still trying to dig out of a very big hole they dug for themselves to start the season, I am really hoping to see a bit more urgency from the team than the last two times they've played there, especially since the offensive line has started to look like less of a lost cause in the last couple of weeks.

MarineRaider
10-24-2013, 08:09 AM
Oh I am not that confident that we can win, but I am confident it will be a close game. Which is why i said last minute heartbreaker, could go either way. I gice us the edge because outside of 2 games this season we don't turn the ball over and everything I have read ball security seems to be a problem for you guys this year (may be fixed idk)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I am not that confident that we can win, but I am confident it will be a close game. Which is why i said last minute heartbreaker, could go either way. I gice us the edge because outside of 2 games this season we don't turn the ball over and everything I have read ball security seems to be a problem for you guys this year (may be fixed idk)

Oh and thanks for the welcome

- - - Updated - - -

That will certainly help, but our line needs more help than that.

Agreed but the Steelers D is not as dangerous as the Chefs D, so we should be able to hold our own.

tihmtahm
10-24-2013, 10:00 AM

Unfortunately, fake blitzes are all the Steelers have been doing since none of them have been successful! I'm surrounded by Raiders fans out here in Cali... They're my neighbors, they're parents and coaches where my son plays football... I can't get away from them... A Steelers win will shut 'em up for a week though. :lol: The Steelers are coming off consecutive wins... I predict they squeak in another one in a low scoring game.

- - - Updated - - -

How are the Raiders without a QB? If by that you mean Pryor isn't a polished, seasoned vet, I agree. BUT...... he has other intangibles even though he isn't Brady, Manning or Ben.

Pryor is definitely the best QB the Raiders have had in years.

60_MINUTES
10-27-2013, 09:43 AM
Well let me fill u in since u haven't been watching steelers this year. We are hitting our stride that's not good news for raiders. I know in raider land we've struggled in past. But not this time my friend. Sorry faider nation Steelers 27 raiders 13

60_MINUTES
10-27-2013, 04:33 PM
Sorry. I forgot who our coach was

Count Steeler
10-27-2013, 04:48 PM
Sorry. I forgot who our coach was

But he was taking notes last week.

60_MINUTES
10-27-2013, 05:33 PM
Taking notes? How bout the great decesion of not demanding a measurement early in game inside 5. Lol. He's a joke

Shoes
10-27-2013, 06:56 PM
But he was taking notes last week.

I must have been right, it was a shopping list. :chuckle:

Count Steeler
10-27-2013, 07:09 PM
I must have been right, it was a shopping list. :chuckle:

Maybe a list of who may hire him when his days are over in Pittsburgh?

MarineRaider
10-28-2013, 08:35 AM
Ok, yesterdays game was terrible on both sides (well not our first half) but I knew this would be a squeaker hopefully you guys improve over the course of the season and maybe beat Dungver, KC, and San Dimas(oops San Diego haha)

NJarhead
10-28-2013, 08:44 AM
Ok, yesterdays game was terrible on both sides (well not our first half) but I knew this would be a squeaker hopefully you guys improve over the course of the season and maybe beat Dungver, KC, and San Dimas(oops San Diego haha)

You're a class act Devil Dog. I hope you stop in every now and again, or just stick around.

Good luck the rest of the season. :drink:

MarineRaider
10-28-2013, 11:09 AM
I think I will hang around, I kinda like it here. Raiders-Steelers is a great rivalry with 2 great fanbases. I'm thinking we need to get this started like in the old days where it was Pitt and Oak every year in the AFC Championship. :high5:

Steelman
10-28-2013, 11:12 AM
I think I will hang around, I kinda like it here. Raiders-Steelers is a great rivalry with 2 great fanbases. I'm thinking we need to get this started like in the old days where it was Pitt and Oak every year in the AFC Championship. :high5:

Well at this rate, y'all will be there long before we will. But glad to see you here. Just be aware that Steeler nation is pretty sore right now.

:drink:

tube517
10-28-2013, 11:37 AM

Welcome but there is no rivalry if you keep beating us! Honestly I don't even have that much hatred towards the Raiders anymore. The 70s was the golden era of football when it was real. Raiders-Steelers in the 70s was the toughest rivalry in the history of sports. This watered down product makes me turn off the TV or change the channel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

MarineRaider
10-28-2013, 12:04 PM
Hey I feel ya I have been there for a decade man

Texasteel
10-28-2013, 12:44 PM
Hey I feel ya I have been there for a decade man

your biggest problem is, you only play us once a year. Glad your staying around, we need someone besides Crow, and Silver and Black to take this year out on. Welcome bud.

Count Steeler
10-28-2013, 03:27 PM

:drink:

tihmtahm
10-28-2013, 06:22 PM
Well... I sure did not make an accurate prediction... Good thing I did not make any bets with my Raider fan friends... Gonna be a long walk going to my sons football practice!

ALLD
10-28-2013, 07:40 PM
Notice how none of the Steelers fans blame the loss on the refs or the NFL or an act of God. We know the raiders have been bad for a number of years, but right now the Steelers suck wind. We admit it and don't make excuses.

silver & black
10-28-2013, 10:44 PM
Notice how none of the Steelers fans blame the loss on the refs or the NFL or an act of God. We know the raiders have been bad for a number of years, but right now the Steelers suck wind. We admit it and don't make excuses.

It gets easier with time. :chuckle:

There is no appropriate response to that, so please take it the way I meant it, which is tongue in cheek. :wink02:

Seven
10-28-2013, 10:48 PM
Congratulations Marine and Silver&Black! Hope you guys enjoyed the game Sunday. I definitely did.

MarineRaider
10-29-2013, 09:26 AM
I started getting nervous towards the end, I still have no idea why we went to a conservative game plan in the second half. Right now Jacoby Ford is a dead man walking if he cnt get his act together

Seven
10-29-2013, 10:09 AM
I started getting nervous towards the end, I still have no idea why we went to a conservative game plan in the second half. Right now Jacoby Ford is a dead man walking if he cnt get his act together

I will be in the minority but I think the Raiders played the second half exactly right. Pryor is one hell of an athlete, but he's not anywhere near a top 32 passer in the league. After the two picks I think Oakland's staff saw the writing on the wall and thought it best to pull things back some. The way our offense was struggling, that was the right play in my opinion. It worked to the Raiders advantage, too. Our corners got lulled to sleep from lack of action and got lazy. I thought the lack of coverage by our defensive backs on critical downs was probably the biggest reason we couldn't pull the game out, other than offensive inefficiency of course. No doubt a sloppy game on both sides, but the better team won.