PDA

View Full Version : Article: No doubting Bell's ability to help Steelers

NJarhead
10-21-2013, 07:14 AM
Steelers rookie running back Le'Veon Bell gave himself a C-minus for his performance Sunday against the Baltimore Ravens.

Kind of makes you wonder what Bell's A game looks like, doesn't it?

A lot of people laughed when Steelers coach Mike Tomlin went out of his way to gush about Bell's 16-carry, 34-yard day in a 19-6 win against the New York Jets Oct. 13. Even Bell, that notorious tough grader, gave himself a D for that one.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/ron-cook/cook-no-doubting-bells-ability-to-help-steelers-708448/#ixzz2iMGB27LX

Loved the kid's patience and vision....and toughness (That goes for Jones too).

Not anointing him MVP just yet, but I think he's going to get the skeptics to pipe down a bit.

Steeldude
10-21-2013, 07:40 AM
Loved the kid's patience and vision....and toughness (That goes for Jones too).

Not anointing him MVP just yet, but I think he's going to get the skeptics to pipe down a bit.

O-line opened holes.

NJarhead
10-21-2013, 07:52 AM
O-line opened holes.

Come off it man. If you didn't see Bell, pause and wait for those holes, then you don't know what you're looking at on Sunday's.

What's the matter? Don't like the taste of crow?

Bitter pansy MFer.

Devilsdancefloor
10-21-2013, 09:09 AM
i think jones and bell both a fitted well for our "style" of running the ball know (that is oh please please open a hole or crease) and for the calling out please stop im beginning to think steeler fans would eat their own

NJarhead
10-21-2013, 09:24 AM
i think jones and bell both a fitted well for our "style" of running the ball know (that is oh please please open a hole or crease) and for the calling out please stop im beginning to think Steelers fans would eat their own

At this point, I think I would. Losing my patience.

steeldawg
10-21-2013, 09:29 AM
Come off it man. If you didn't see Bell, pause and wait for those holes, then you don't know what you're looking at on Sunday's.

Bitter pansy MFer.

Exactly it was great job finding creases and holes out there it was a great job running the ball, some people just refuse to give credit where it's due.

zulater
10-21-2013, 10:04 AM
I never doubted that a healthy Bell is our best back. And he's the best back we've had on the roster since Mendenhall lost his heart and mind sometime after the 2010 Super Bowl.

Mojouw
10-21-2013, 01:53 PM
Haven't seen a Steelers back run with as much patience and vision as Bell demonstrated on Sunday since big ole 36 still laced 'em up.

Impressive for a rookie back, that I for one, was seriously concerned about.

Psycho Ward 86
10-21-2013, 02:21 PM

Bitter pansy MFer.

lol if there were no holes for bell to wait for (which is usually typical of this o-line for the past 5 seasons), and bell was still being "patient," everybody here would be freaking out and saying bell needs to stop being so hesitant. steeldude is right, the o-line finally made some holes. that looked like by far, the best game our o-line had, both pass and run blocking. that doesnt mean people who point out that the o-line blocked well dont recognize that bell manufactured a lot of his own yards as well. bell trucked a plethora of ravens and picked up some good YAC for sure. but youre just a dick rider if you cant see both of those factoring out in bell's production.

i mean geez, why should this pipe down the skeptics much at all? the kid has played 3 games. there hasnt been a huge statement game for him yet, and he hasnt even run for 100 yards in a game. he definitely shows promise though

Steeldude
10-21-2013, 08:00 PM

Bitter pansy MFer.

Did the O-line open holes? Yes or no? No one said he didn't show patience. When there were holes for Redman, Mendenhall and Dwyer they ran through them too.

Sorry, unlike you, I do not title players by a few games. I will wait until the season is over.

Bitter pansy MFer

So typical of you people...lol. Why aren't you calling Bell the same or a hater? He gave himself a C-.

steeldawg
10-21-2013, 08:18 PM
The o-line opened some holes, but most of the time bell was shuffling behind the line and hitting creases. I thought it was more great vision and patience that led to our success on the ground. Its not like we could of stuck anyone back there and had the same game because they were just opening huge holes, If any of our other backs were in there we would of watched them take the handoff put there head down and run right into the back of the line. The running game helped the pass protection also, defenses couldn't just pin their ears back and rush the passer they had to respect the run.

ALLD
10-21-2013, 09:44 PM
I never doubted that a healthy Bell is our best back. And he's the best back we've had on the roster since Mendenhall lost his heart and mind sometime after the 2010 Super Bowl.

You mean when he fumbled away our last chance at victory.

Bell looks more like a student of the game with more finesse. He is definitely faster and sharper. Has a better cut to the outside too. Mendy was more of a one trick pony than Wallace.

NJarhead
10-22-2013, 06:28 AM
lol if there were no holes for bell to wait for (which is usually typical of this o-line for the past 5 seasons), and bell was still being "patient," everybody here would be freaking out and saying bell needs to stop being so hesitant. steeldude is right, the o-line finally made some holes. that looked like by far, the best game our o-line had, both pass and run blocking. that doesnt mean people who point out that the o-line blocked well dont recognize that bell manufactured a lot of his own yards as well. bell trucked a plethora of ravens and picked up some good YAC for sure. but youre just a dick rider if you cant see both of those factoring out in bell's production.

i mean geez, why should this pipe down the skeptics much at all? the kid has played 3 games. there hasnt been a huge statement game for him yet, and he hasnt even run for 100 yards in a game. he definitely shows promise though

And when he played two the "skeptics" (I should have called them Debbie Downers) were whining that he hadn't done enough and we didn't need him, blah, blah, blah.

- - - Updated - - -

Did the O-line open holes? Yes or no? No one said he didn't show patience. When there were holes for Redman, Mendenhall and Dwyer they ran through them too.

Sorry, unlike you, I do not title players by a few games. I will wait until the season is over.

So typical of you people...lol. Why aren't you calling Bell the same or a hater? He gave himself a C-.

Go finish your glass-half-empty.

- - - Updated - - -

The o-line opened some holes, but most of the time bell was shuffling behind the line and hitting creases. I thought it was more great vision and patience that led to our success on the ground. Its not like we could of stuck anyone back there and had the same game because they were just opening huge holes, If any of our other backs were in there we would of watched them take the handoff put there head down and run right into the back of the line. The running game helped the pass protection also, defenses couldn't just pin their ears back and rush the passer they had to respect the run.

Thank you.

Steeldude
10-22-2013, 12:34 PM
Go finish your glass-half-empty.

Once again you take off running...lol. What? No childish insults or tantrums this time? It's hilarious how you people run in fear when asked a simple question.

NJarhead
10-22-2013, 01:52 PM
Once again you take off running...lol. What? No childish insults or tantrums this time? It's hilarious how you people run in fear when asked a simple question.

I'm letting it go. Truth be told, I don't think much of you or your silly questions. It's called moving on. Try it some time.

Mojouw
10-22-2013, 04:51 PM
While it is true that the o-line opened some holes for Bell during the Ravens game, often times there was only the smallest of creases as well. Unlike any other back on the roster this season so far or last year for that matter, Bell demonstrated that he can/will run with vision and extreme patience. Unlike Redman, Dwyer, and post-injury Mendenhall, he did not simply take the handoff, lower his head and slam into the line. Bell's patience and vision allowed some (not all, but some) of those holes to materialize.

While I am not ready to annoint Bell as anything other than the most intriguing physical prospect at the position on the roster, I am hopeful going forward. While I buy into the argument that keeping Redman over Dwyer was a mistake and have been a Dwyer supporter in the past, if he was ever going to be a starting back in the NFL he would have done it by now.

Frankly, a combination of Bell and Felix Jones may be the best tandem of backs the Steelers have had in a long time.

Steeldude
10-23-2013, 11:37 AM
I'm letting it go. Truth be told, I don't think much of you or your silly questions. It's called moving on. Try it some time.

How is a question about the O-line a silly one? What you are saying is the question puts a damper on your "Bell is the greatest" mindset. How did he run in the Jets' game? How did he run in the Ravens' game? In which of those two games did the O-line consistently open holes?

I don't care what you think of me. Why would you think I would care? You let your emotions interfere with your Internet experience.

NJarhead
10-23-2013, 11:59 AM
How is a question about the O-line a silly one? What you are saying is the question puts a damper on your "Bell is the greatest" mindset. How did he run in the Jets' game? How did he run in the Ravens' game? In which of those two games did the O-line consistently open holes?

I don't care what you think of me. Why would you think I would care? You let your emotions interfere with your Internet experience.

Where did I say that?

Hint: no where.

Find me an article on our new found awesome o-line and how any RB would have a field day with it. I'll, in turn, match each, with two articles that discusses Bell as the difference. K?

Go!