PDA

View Full Version : Guy wimpy ..... I owe you an apology

60_MINUTES
10-21-2013, 06:36 AM
Well I'm sorry I really didn't think u had it in you from what we had seen this far. Nice job you have my attention. Lets keep it going guys. We need at least 2 more wins before we get excited.

zulater
10-21-2013, 09:32 AM
Does Gilbert get his job back when he's healthy? Right now Adams and Gilbert look to be about the biggest 2nd round Steeler busts since Scott Shields.

Devilsdancefloor
10-21-2013, 10:03 AM
ouch you said scott shields.. i think adams can be good if he gets his footwork down Gilbert i have my doubts

zulater
10-21-2013, 10:07 AM
ouch you said scott shields.. i think adams can be good if he gets his footwork down Gilbert i have my doubts

All I know is that the less we see of those guys (Adams and Gilbert) the more it looks like our offensive line can be an effective unit.

Mistah Q
10-21-2013, 10:31 AM
Hold the phones here we played the crappy Ravens.

Adams still has a chance to develop into a nice RT if they keep him in position. He's not quite there but Whimpy isn't the long term answer for anything.

Between Venasco and DeCastro the middle of our line is going to be just fine but we've done one hell of a bad job trying to pick out LTs in the draft. We have enough guys though, capable of letting us see both a starting RT and a capable backup emerge. We're simply back to needing LT and looking really bad doing it because of all the shuffling, injuries, and trying to fill round holes with square pegs.

I'm enjoying the victory but I'm not kidding myself either.

Dwinsgames
10-21-2013, 10:49 AM
I'm enjoying the victory but I'm not kidding myself either.

this

HollywoodSteel
10-21-2013, 12:49 PM
Does Gilbert get his job back when he's healthy? Right now Adams and Gilbert look to be about the biggest 2nd round Steeler busts since Scott Shields.

I can think of a more recent 2nd round bust. I believe he had his own bus.

Hint: rhymes with "bleed."

zulater
10-21-2013, 01:06 PM
I can think of a more recent 2nd round bust. I believe he had his own bus.

Hint: rhymes with "bleed."

Noted. :thumbsup:

Ricardo Colcllough, and Alonzo Jackson also would have been better examples.

NJarhead
10-21-2013, 01:18 PM
Noted. :thumbsup:

Ricardo Colcllough, and Alonzo Jackson also would have been better examples.

Would you consider Kendrell Bell a bust?

That's a tough one for me since he was a phenom/play-maker, but never on the field.

Dwinsgames
10-21-2013, 01:30 PM
Would you consider Kendrell Bell a bust?

That's a tough one for me since he was a phenom/play-maker, but never on the field.

he was no " bust" IMO either ,he was a hell of a player but was brittle and once he left here was forced to play out of pos elsewhere ,spent most of his time in KC in a 4-3 and battling one injury after another ....

NJarhead
10-21-2013, 01:51 PM
Yea, he warrants a new term because he is at least part-bust.

Definition: Awesome player who never materializes due to injury. fades into obscurity.

"Bustery Prone?"

"Bust of Glass?"

I dunno.

steelreserve
10-21-2013, 02:35 PM
Bell a bust? There's no way. He was a starter for 3 years and made an immediate impact, then left for what, at the time, was the equivalent of a Wallace contract. Injuries had a lot to do with why we let him go, but they didn't make him a bad player when he was here.

If he was a bust, you'd have to call everyone a bust who wasn't around after his rookie contract. But I guess some people think this is like Pokemon - gotta pay 'em all!

vader29
10-21-2013, 02:54 PM
If McFarlane makes an action figure out of you then you can't be considered a bust.

http://www.figurerealm.com/Galleries/mcfarlanessportspicksnfl/KendrellBell-S9-Front.jpg

Dwinsgames
10-21-2013, 04:03 PM
Yea, he warrants a new term because he is at least part-bust.

Definition: Awesome player who never materializes due to injury. fades into obscurity.

"Bustery Prone?"

"Bust of Glass?"

I dunno.

Liberty Bell ...big an bold but always broken

Mistah Q
10-21-2013, 08:42 PM
Check out these busts

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1108/nfl-player-bust/images/terry-bradshaw.jpg

Seven
10-21-2013, 09:43 PM
I didn't see anything from Whimper that surprised me. He's a backup who can get the job done when called upon in most games. I was happy we signed him, but he should not be your starting right tackle.

NJarhead
10-22-2013, 06:24 AM
If McFarlane makes an action figure out of you then you can't be considered a bust.

http://www.figurerealm.com/Galleries/mcfarlanessportspicksnfl/KendrellBell-S9-Front.jpg

I have both of his......in storage.

86WARD
10-23-2013, 07:20 AM
Same here...lol.

Keep up the good work Whimp.

KeiselPower99
10-26-2013, 09:02 PM
Whimper.......Good job Sunday. As for Adams he is a RT only. He is more comfortable there and Beachum might not give him the chance to return to LT.

salamander
10-27-2013, 08:54 AM
I was pleasantly surprised at how the line looked with him in there. Now whether or not they keep it up is another question.

60_MINUTES
10-27-2013, 09:38 AM
One thing I don't understand is they is Tomlin moved Gilbert to LT and he must have been so bad at it they didn't even take the experiment to training camp Anyway then they try Adams at LT and of course he proves that he can't handle it. Instead of going back to RT wgere he looked damn solid last year. He goes to the dog house . Wtf? The guy just like Gilbert is a rt. I personally think he can be the long term answer there. All we really need to have one of best lines in the leage is one major move.

Adams to RT. resign pouncey to left guard. And make one major move to get a real LT. Draft or FA.

Also second round busts. Uh. Jason worilds is pretty far up list