PDA

View Full Version : Canadian and making the trip to Heinz Field Oct 20th

DASH
10-17-2013, 03:48 PM
Hello everyone, Sunday Oct 20th I'm driving 455km from Burlington Ontario ( just outside of Toronto ) to my very first Steelers/NFL game... What better way then to do it in Steelers country. I'll be leaving Burlington at 6am should make it there for 11ish. I had planned on leaving my car at the hotel and cabbing it to the tailgate?. I'm really not sure how very thing works since this will be my first time. I've been told to show up in black and gold obviously lol with beer and offer some to the people I may want to tailgate with?? Any tips or advice would be great, I would like this to be a memorable experience. Thanks in advance :drink:

Count Steeler
10-17-2013, 04:53 PM
Welcome to the board. You are going to have a great time. I went to my first game 2 years ago and it is still fresh in my mind.

Make sure you check in to your hotel and tell them your vehicle is going to be in the parking lot. Check out our tailgate forum and look up Strls4lf?. He tailgates every game and he gives out his cell.

Here's to 2-4!

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/18053-Chiefs-vs-Steelers-Tailgate

Check the info in this post.

fansince'76
10-17-2013, 05:30 PM
Welcome to the board! :drink:

DASH
10-17-2013, 10:02 PM
I cant seem to find a tailgate thread for this sunday oct 20th?

Seven
10-17-2013, 10:47 PM
Welcome to the board. I hope you have a great time and return home with plenty of good memories. You should have no problem finding a friendly group of fans to tailgate with... especially if you have beer. Have a good time! :tt02:

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I think Count was suggesting you call Stlrs4Life as he is there every week regardless of the activity in the tailgating section of this forum (only so much you can post about tailgating! :chuckle:)

stillers4me
10-18-2013, 07:46 AM
There's NOTHING like a game at Heinz field! Stlrs4Life has a tailgate every week....I can attest to his hospitality! Dom will make sure you have a real Burgh experience! "Who's house is it!" Have a blast and beat dem Ratbirds! :tt03:

Polamalu Princess
10-18-2013, 10:43 AM
Welcome. This is a great place.