PDA

View Full Version : Steelers still will be dangerous minus suspended Roethlisberger

LLT
08-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Steelers still will be dangerous minus suspended Roethlisberger
By Pat Kirwan NFL.com
Senior Analyst
Aug. 7, 2010

LATROBE, Pa. -- For the first time in my 11-year NFL training camp tour, I arrived here and had some Steelers fans tell me they weren't expecting much from the team.

The worst prediction I heard was a 5-11 record and Ben Roethlisberger being traded at the end of the season. The best outlook was 12-4 and a good playoff run, but not a Super Bowl title.

In sitting down with players and director of football operations Kevin Colbert, however, a different view came to light. There's no doubt the veteran players feel they can circle the wagons and overcome the adversity of not having Roethlisberger for at least the first four games as he serves his suspension. As wide receiver Hines Ward said to me, "We don't mind being the underdogs."

Colbert likes this football team and its chances to make the playoffs. He believes there are players who can fill in admirably for departed stars Santonio Holmes (traded), Willie Colon (injured) and Willie Parker (released). After visiting the Steelers and watching them scrimmage, I'd recommend not taking the Steelers lightly this season.......

.........Commissioner Roger Goodell was here the day before I arrived to meet with Roethlisberger. Goodell is going to wait until September to decide on the length of the QB's suspension, but I now believe it will be four games instead of six. I leave Latrobe thinking this is a 9-7 or 10-6 team with the potential to make the playoffs as a wild card.

read more:http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story/09000d5d819951a4/article/steelers-still-will-be-dangerous-minus-suspended-roethlisberger?module=HP_cp2

Akagi
08-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Just curious, aren't we supposed to post a paragraph and link the rest? I know you're a mod, just curious if that's been disregarded.

LLT
08-09-2010, 01:34 PM
Just curious, aren't we supposed to post a paragraph and link the rest? I know you're a mod, just curious if that's been disregarded.

Actually...

Due to copyright concerns, please only include the first paragraph or so of the article, followed by a link to the article.

Its a very long article so I posted a small portion of it so that readers would get the drift of what it was saying.....and then followed it with a link as required.

Killer
08-09-2010, 01:45 PM
Make that minus Ben and our #1 WR, Holmes - that was a pretty good portion of our offense, right there.
We've yet to see if Lefty can run the offense and score points or if Wallace can step up.

LLT
08-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Ban him for questioning a mod.

:sofunny:

Naw...it was a legit question.

Killer
08-09-2010, 01:49 PM
there's a ghost in the machine