PDA

View Full Version : Jets notes: Rex Ryan guarantees super bowl

polamalubeast
08-09-2010, 12:49 PM
Jets notes: Rex Ryan guarantees title
Saturday, August 7, 2010
The Record

Ryan guarantees title
In case you didn’t hear him the first 100 or so times he said it, Rex Ryan decided to leave some tangible evidence of his prediction that the Jets will win the Super Bowl this season.
Ryan signed the Jets’ logo Thursday on the back of ESPN’s tour bus that is visiting NFL training camps. He signed his name and Ryan added, "Soon to be Champs."
ESPN’s Adam Schefter wrote that Ryan is the first coach this summer to write anything other than his name.

Read more: http://www.northjersey.com/sports/pro_sports/100175939_Jets_notes__Rex_Ryan_guarantees_title.ht ml

SteelerEmpire
08-09-2010, 01:56 PM
I like Rex Ryan. I think he brings a "fun" element into the game with his trash talking. But I disagree with his super bowl assesment... lol...

Killer
08-09-2010, 02:02 PM
I hope Revis sits out the whole year.

steelpride12
08-09-2010, 02:16 PM
Haha they may have a lot of high end players on his team, but if there is no chemistry there is no Super Bowl.

BuddhaBus
08-09-2010, 03:09 PM
You sure he wasn't just guaranteeing a super bowl of ice cream to shovel in his fat head? :pig: :heh:

SMR
08-09-2010, 04:07 PM
:rofl:

Dino 6 Rings
08-09-2010, 04:31 PM
Maybe he should be more worried about replacing his leading running back, his shut down corner not being at practice and his left guard covering for the pro-bowler Faneca that he let walk. Maybe he should be focussed on his rookie qbs 22 picks last season and less worried about writing nonsense on the side of ESPN Busses.

Just saying. They are going to get their arses SPANKED this year.

BigNastyDefense
08-09-2010, 06:53 PM
When the Jets don't sneak up on anyone, it won't be as easy as it was to surprise people.

Holmes isn't playing the first four games of the season. Braylon Edwards can't catch a ball to save his life, and Sanchez didn't show much last season. People know what Shonn Greene can do now, so if the passing game falters just stuff the box and shut him down.

Even without Revis (if he holds out all season), the defense should still be good. But if they are constantly on the field due to turnovers, then that good defense won't mean anything.

oneforthetoe
08-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Rex's words were simply taken out of context by the media.

What he really meant was that the Jets we are going to the supper bowl, I guarantee it.

http://blog.nj.com/jets_impact/2009/07/large_rex-ryan-new-york-jets-diet-731.jpg

st33lersguy
08-09-2010, 07:16 PM
I would have pulled the Joe Namath after my shutdown corner started showing up at camp

vasteeler
08-10-2010, 10:14 AM
I like Rex Ryan. I think he brings a "fun" element into the game with his trash talking. But I disagree with his super bowl assesment... lol...

totally agree, i love his attitude

SteelerEmpire
08-10-2010, 04:09 PM
Haha they may have a lot of high end players on his team, but if there is no chemistry there is no Super Bowl.

We have even more than they do... For some reason we don't make it to the SB every year... lol...

SteelerFanInStl
08-13-2010, 03:30 PM
We might as well not even play football this season. Everyone seems to have already anointed the Jets and Cowboys as the teams in the SB. The season hasn't even started and I'm already tired of hearing about both of them.

BuddhaBus
08-13-2010, 04:35 PM
We might as well not even play football this season. Everyone seems to have already anointed the Jets and Cowboys as the teams in the SB. The season hasn't even started and I'm already tired of hearing about both of them.

Yeah, but the Cowgirls are anointed Super Bowl champs before the season starts every year. How's that working out for them? Eventually the "experts" may get it right if they keep doing this for the next 35 years or so. Then they'll look like geniuses. :blah:

ALLD
08-13-2010, 07:22 PM
After they go one and done in the playoffs his first remark will be, "We did not measure up to expectations."

Galax Steeler
08-14-2010, 06:37 AM
It is easy to talk it Rex I think we need to play some football before you start running your trap.

O'Malley
08-15-2010, 01:32 PM

That makes two of us!