PDA

View Full Version : ILB Vince Williiams

katmandu
10-13-2013, 08:46 PM
Kid looked pretty decent out there today! Looks to be a pretty decent ILB in the making. Very quick and aggressive!

dislocatedday
10-13-2013, 09:03 PM
Kid looked pretty decent out there today! Looks to be a pretty decent ILB in the making. Very quick and aggressive!

He did show some very good instincts on a few plays, and he hustled and played with an aggressive demeanor. I did not watch him close enough to know how he is holding up at the point of attack on a consistent basis, but hopefully he will keep getting better and solidify that LB position.

Devilsdancefloor
10-13-2013, 09:07 PM
i like the kid a lot!

oneforthetoe
10-13-2013, 09:11 PM
I have liked our linebackers more this year than most. Remember, they are playing without the aid of dominate d lineman in front of them.

Psycho Ward 86
10-13-2013, 10:51 PM
not hopping on that bandwagon anytime soon. he was horrible in the other games. "not bad for a 6th rounder" will be my diagnosis for now.

steeldawg
10-14-2013, 05:39 AM
I think he was good today and I think its a product of him getting some games under his belt and understanding the defense.

Dwinsgames
10-14-2013, 06:36 AM
what I liked ... he was instinctive and did not over think his assignments , he made some mistakes but that is to be expected esp for a Rook ..... that being said we have reason for optimism but temper your expectations 1 pretty good game does not make a career

NJarhead
10-14-2013, 08:21 AM
what I liked ... he was instinctive and did not over think his assignments , he made some mistakes but that is to be expected esp for a Rook ..... that being said we have reason for optimism but temper your expectations 1 pretty good game does not make a career

And when he commits the defense to memory, he's going to be a beast IMO. Remember, this is the guy who was calling the D in training camp. He's apparently got a good aptitude.

katmandu
10-14-2013, 08:23 AM
And when he commits the defense to memory, he's going to be a beast IMO. Remember, this is the guy who was calling the D in training camp. He's apparently got a good aptitude.That says a lot about him if LeBeu and company trust him enough to call the plays in!

NJarhead
10-14-2013, 08:29 AM
That says a lot about him if LeBeu and company trust him enough to call the plays in!

Not sure how much of it he's doing now, but he impressed with his ability to make calls as a rookie in TC. I think he was instructing the other rookies as well.

NCSteeler
10-14-2013, 08:53 AM
I have liked our linebackers more this year than most. Remember, they are playing without the aid of dominate d lineman in front of them.
This is dead on. Does anyone remember the year after the Goose retired? Ray Lewis disappeared. in a 3-4 it is very hard for a LBer to do a good job and look decent if he is behind a porous D line.