PDA

View Full Version : Steelers LB Sean Spence To Begin Practicing Next Wednesday

stillers4me
10-11-2013, 04:56 PM
Starting next week, Pittsburgh Steelers second-year linebacker Sean Spence will be eligible to begin practicing with the team if deemed healthy enough to do so. According to Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review in a Friday interview on the David Todd Show, Spence will indeed begin practicing next week and will be removed from the PUP list.

"He is going to practice Wednesday," said Kaboly of Spence. "They have three weeks to be able to activate him."..........

read more @ http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/10/report-steelers-lb-sean-spence-to-begin-practicing-next-wednesday/

Psycho Ward 86
10-11-2013, 05:08 PM
wow totally forgot about him. itll still be a miracle if that 2nd ILB spot isnt hopeless. hope spence turns some heads though in the upcoming weeks

tube517
10-11-2013, 05:13 PM
Good to hear.

Sent from my SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 4

Shoes
10-11-2013, 05:45 PM
I'm pulling for this young man. Wishing him many good years in Pittsburgh!

steeldawg
10-11-2013, 05:54 PM
Oh please please get spence on the field!

SteelerFanInStl
10-11-2013, 06:06 PM
I'm really surprised to hear this news. Lets hope that he's healthy and can get around on that knee.

Count Steeler
10-11-2013, 06:06 PM
I'm just amazed that he can walk on that knee. Didn't he tear everything possible? Guarded optimism. Just glad to hear that he that well to be able to practice.

HollywoodSteel
10-11-2013, 07:17 PM
I wouldn't count on him playing much this year. Just getting him practicing with the team is a great sign. Even apart from the injury it's like he's pretty much a rookie. Hopefully they'll get some kind of idea if he can be the answer at inside linebacker so that it can be one less drafting need for next year. Oh, who am I kidding? Like this coaching staff will really be able to make an accurate assessment of something like that. They had all offseason and the preseason to asses if Mike Adams was a legit left tackle for us and it took until four games into the season to determine that perchance he isn't (at least not with the coaching available to him here).

But all that aside, I'm really rooting for this kid. From everything I've read about Spence he has a great attitude and is very smart. If he pans out physically I have no doubt that he'll be capable of wearing the green dot in Dick Lebeau's defense. Good luck, Sean!

Count Steeler
10-11-2013, 08:14 PM
I wouldn't count on him playing much this year. Just getting him practicing with the team is a great sign. Even apart from the injury it's like he's pretty much a rookie. Hopefully they'll get some kind of idea if he can be the answer at inside linebacker so that it can be one less drafting need for next year. Oh, who am I kidding? Like this coaching staff will really be able to make an accurate assessment of something like that. They had all offseason and the preseason to asses if Mike Adams was a legit left tackle for us and it took until four games into the season to determine that perchance he isn't (at least not with the coaching available to him here).

But all that aside, I'm really rooting for this kid. From everything I've read about Spence he has a great attitude and is very smart. If he pans out physically I have no doubt that he'll be capable of wearing the green dot in Dick Lebeau's defense. Good luck, Sean!

Maybe that says something about out defensive ends. Allen made him look ridiculous. Sad thing, Adams probably looks decent against Jones/Hood/Keisel.

Dwinsgames
10-11-2013, 08:49 PM
I won't hold my breath , wish him well and all that but if honest I did not believe he was a 3 down linebacker before he was drafted ... nothing that has happened since then has changed that feeling

vader29
10-12-2013, 10:19 AM

steeldawg
10-12-2013, 10:56 AM

Well I need to do some research on Marcel before I determine if this is bad news.

HollywoodSteel
10-12-2013, 11:06 AM
Well I need to do some research on Marcel before I determine if this is bad news.

Apparently Tomlin read the tweet and promptly signed Marcel the physical therapist to be our #2 TE. Tomlin supporters are hailing the move as proof that he isn't "all talk" after all. After all, Marcel is an absolute steal at league minimum.

Psycho Ward 86
10-12-2013, 01:45 PM

Apparently Tomlin read the tweet and promptly signed Marcel the physical therapist to be our #2 TE. Tomlin supporters are hailing the move as proof that he isn't "all talk" after all. After all, Marcel is an absolute steal at league minimum.

:lol:

Steeldude
10-12-2013, 11:14 PM
Then again, Wexell thought Kordell was a good QB. He also suggested that people that didn't agree were racist.

Seven
10-12-2013, 11:18 PM
Good for him. I'm surprised he's ready to go. I hope he comes in and tears it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly no pun intended :doh:

KeiselPower99
10-13-2013, 08:26 PM
Good luck to him.