PDA

View Full Version : Jets losing leading receiver Winslow to PED suspension, will miss Steelers game!

zulater
10-11-2013, 04:25 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9809177/kellen-winslow-new-york-jets-banned-4-games-peds-cited

Tight end Kellen Winslow has been suspended four games by the NFL for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing substances.

Winslow, who has a team-high 17 receptions for 169 yards and two touchdowns, will miss games against Pittsburgh, New England, Cincinnati and New Orleans. He'll be eligible to return to the Jets on Monday, Nov. 4, the day after the Jets host the Saints.

Kellen Winslow, in a statement from his publicist, apologized and said the news of his suspension for violating the league's policy on PEDs "came as a huge surprise."
Winslow was suspended without pay, meaning he will lose $197,647 in salary.

In a statement from his publicist, Winslow apologized and said the news "came as a huge surprise."

"I have investigated all possible sources since learning of the positive test, including possible medical causes, but frustratingly, I do not know the source," Winslow said in the statement. "I do not take supplements that list any banned ingredients, but the NFL policy is very strict, so I am accountable for the results.

Godfather
10-11-2013, 10:15 PM
Dishonorable discharge.

Bluecoat96
10-12-2013, 09:21 AM
Dishonorable discharge.

Lol!

steeldawg
10-12-2013, 11:00 AM
He is out and looks like cromartie tweeked a knee and is questionable.

HollywoodSteel
10-12-2013, 06:21 PM
Just so long as Geno Smith doesn't get hurt. For some reason whenever we play against a backup QB we lose.

steeldawg
10-12-2013, 06:26 PM
Just so long as Geno Smith doesn't get hurt. For some reason whenever we play against a backup QB we lose.

Who is the jets back up right now?

HollywoodSteel
10-12-2013, 06:31 PM
And if both the Jets' starting corners are out can we please not be determined to prove we have a running game against a very good Jets run defense? How about we take what they give us and let our elite QB pick them apart. Rex Ryan will probably be stubborn enough to keep blitzing, so if we can get some quick passes to A.B. out in space he should be able to make some huge plays after the catch.

- - - Updated - - -

Who is the jets back up right now?

Either Phil Simms or his son. I forget which one.

Seven
10-12-2013, 10:13 PM
Kellen Winslow is the team's leading receiver? Lol.

BigNastyDefense
10-13-2013, 08:58 AM
While I can't stand the guy, he's accepting the suspension like a man. He's not blaming a tainted substance. He's saying that while he doesn't know what he took that triggered a positive test, and this could be true, it's on him to make sure what he's putting in his body won't trigger one. I would say that's refreshing.