PDA

View Full Version : Kion Gone Sylvester Back

NCSteeler
10-09-2013, 11:07 AM
A ringing endorsement of our talent department. But hey at least they are trying

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/09/steelers-bring-back-stevenson-sylvester/

The Steelers started Kion Wilson at linebacker in Weeks Two and Three after they lost Larry Foote for the season, but they weren’t too impressed with what Wilson was able to do on the field.

They first made that point by benching him in favor of Vince Williams in Week Four and they took things one step further on Wednesday by dropping him from the roster entirely.

Pittsburgh announced that they have released Wilson and re-signed linebacker Stevenson Sylvester. Sylvester was cut in late August as the Steelers made their way to their initial 53-man roster, ending a run with the team that started when they made him a fifth-round pick in 2010.

Sylvester played 41 games for the Steelers, starting once, and recorded 22 tackles. Williams’ hold on the starting job likely isn’t that secure as the Steelers look for a formula that will bring them their first victory of the season, although it remains to be seen if Sylvester’s challenge for more playing time will be any more successful in the fall than it was in the summer.

Shoes
10-09-2013, 11:23 AM
.......as we circle the drain.

Devilsdancefloor
10-09-2013, 11:26 AM
does sly have a chip on his shoulder? Bahh who am i kidding. If he was a NFL caliber LBer he wold be on someones freaking roster since we cut him!

Tommybot
10-09-2013, 12:36 PM
The standard is the standard. Unfortunately the standard sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

ALLD
10-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Next year's draft we need to use a dartboard or live chicken that spins a roulette wheel with its beak.

Shoes
10-09-2013, 12:58 PM
:rofl2:
Next year's draft we need to use a dartboard or live chicken that spins a roulette wheel with its beak.

Lmao

Count Steeler
10-09-2013, 04:06 PM
Is Sylvester healed up? Remember Wheaton almost took him out for the season in the first pre season game.

Seven
10-09-2013, 04:16 PM
I'm pretty disappointed they never really gave Wilson a chance. But I'm glad Sly is back. I thought cutting him was a mistake.

Count Steeler
10-09-2013, 04:22 PM
I'm pretty disappointed they never really gave Wilson a chance. But I'm glad Sly is back. I thought cutting him was a mistake.

Wonder if they planned it this way. He was injured in preseason and they probably didn't want to put him on IR, or they knew he may be ready 1 month into the season. So instead of using a roster spot or the new IR designation, release him, knowing that no other team would take him because of his injury. And if needed, bring him back to the team.

Naw, these guys are that smart.

KeiselPower99
10-09-2013, 04:41 PM
I read somewhere he had a tryout with Detroit 2 weeks ago. Regardless him knowing the defense and playing special teams is the reasons he is back We are entirely too young at ILB with Timmons being the only proven guy and the 2 rookies. I like the move. Also did anyone see where Will Allen was in town today?

tube517
10-09-2013, 06:09 PM
I read somewhere he had a tryout with Detroit 2 weeks ago. Regardless him knowing the defense and playing special teams is the reasons he is back We are entirely too young at ILB with Timmons being the only proven guy and the 2 rookies. I like the move. Also did anyone see where Will Allen was in town today?

Yep. Saw a couple of tweets about Allen being in town.

ALLD
10-09-2013, 06:36 PM
Maybe they should bring back Limas Sweed and give him a SECOND chance...

NCSteeler
10-10-2013, 11:28 AM
Maybe they should bring back Limas Sweed and give him a SECOND chance...

Sure why not. Will Allen is back!! SuperBowl!!

Our talent evaluation looks like total shit at this point, bringing back guys we cut and cutting guys we kept just 6-8 weeks ago. WTF

Steelman
10-10-2013, 11:36 AM
Sure why not. Will Allen is back!! SuperBowl!!

Our talent evaluation looks like total shit at this point, bringing back guys we cut and cutting guys we kept just 6-8 weeks ago. WTF

They're reshuffling the same pile of :poop: for what reason God only knows. But it sure ain't the 'Steeler Way'. We lost that quite some time ago.

I know injuries happen and such, but sheesh. A month or so back, a poster on the board commented on how it sure felt like a lot of CYA was going on recently. Hard to disagree at this point.

Mistah Q
10-10-2013, 02:30 PM
I just want Sylvester to get a sack and the commentator to say "Sufferin' Succotash!"

katmandu
10-10-2013, 05:09 PM
They're reshuffling the same pile of :poop: for what reason God only knows. No money to buy top quality replacements.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk now Free ('http://tapatalk.com/m?id=10')

LLT
10-10-2013, 06:19 PM
They're reshuffling the same pile of :poop: for what reason God only knows. But it sure ain't the 'Steeler Way'. We lost that quite some time ago.

I know injuries happen and such, but sheesh. A month or so back, a poster on the board commented on how it sure felt like a lot of CYA was going on recently. Hard to disagree at this point.

I seems (at this point) that the Steelers were willing to skip a step in the team making process. We were so intent on getting young that we cut veteran players LONG before some of the young players were developed.

SteelerFanInStl
10-10-2013, 06:45 PM
I seems (at this point) that the Steelers were willing to skip a step in the team making process. We were so intent on getting young that we cut veteran players LONG before some of the young players were developed.

I think that this is a twofold problem. We haven't done a good job of drafting young players to replace the veterans and we haven't done a good job of developing the players that were chosen.