PDA

View Full Version : Behind the Steel Curtain: Greenwood's death leaves only Joe Greene

stillers4me
10-07-2013, 05:14 PM
Mean Joe Greene was watching the Steelers play the Minnesota Vikings last week in London when he got a call from Mel Blount, one Hall of Famer to another. Their old teammate L.C. Greenwood had just died from kidney failure two weeks after back surgery.

Greene went silent. Images flashed through his mind: Three months ago, seeing L.C., so jovial in his Santa Claus hat at Franco Harris' 40th anniversary celebration of the Immaculate Reception. Then, talking with L.C. by phone, just before his surgery, his old teammate describing his acute pain, saying that he had been getting around with a metal walker.

Suddenly, Greene felt alone..........

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/behind-the-steel-curtain-greenwoods-death-leaves-only-greene-706560/#ixzz2h4pmiPop

Devilsdancefloor
10-07-2013, 05:25 PM
you know didnt know him off the football field, but a little bit of my childhood died LC was my favorite RIP

Steeldude
10-07-2013, 10:04 PM
The Golden Shoes

tihmtahm
10-08-2013, 10:49 AM
I had the honor of meeting L.C. and Jack Ham both at a signing in Chatsworth, CA in the 90's. Classy guy. I could tell they were both a bit tired from the day of signing, but they catered to every request everybody made of them. Great guys who cared about their fans! How do you post a pic here... I could post the one I have with Greenwood.