PDA

View Full Version : Dallas/Cincy postgame INJ report - ouch

Killer
08-09-2010, 09:30 AM
John Phillips may have torn ACL

The Cowboys were not able to get out of the Hall of Fame unscathed injury wise, losing tight end John Phillips with a likely torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/08/john-phillips-may-have-torn-ac.html

Leonard fears worst

The Bengals not only lost the game, 16-7, to the Cowboys in Sunday's Hall of Fame Game, they may have lost a lot more.

Brian Leonard, the team's ace third-down back, needed to be helped off the field when he was unable to put any pressure on his foot after he caught a pass with 26 seconds left in the first half and was done for the game. The initial diagnosis is a mid-foot sprain, but he is subject to more tests in Cincinnati.

After the game Leonard said his injury "doesn't look good." He fears he may have torn ligaments but he's not sure.

"Someone fell on the back of my heel and compressed my foot," he added. "I'll know more later when they do tests."

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Postgame-notes-Leonard-fears-worst/6a515871-3007-44bf-9417-a4e5d1d5a6cc

SteelerSal
08-09-2010, 09:45 AM
John Phillips was looking like Heath Miller out there until he got hurt.....shame.

Killer
08-09-2010, 09:51 AM
Yeah, he looked good.

Dallas totally outclassed Cincy - I like their back-up QB - McGee

Killer
08-09-2010, 10:56 AM
The Cowboys' fears have been confirmed: Tight end John Phillips is out for the season with a torn ACL.

ESPNDallas.com reports that an MRI confirmed the news this morning.

SteelMember
08-09-2010, 11:04 AM
The Cowboys' fears have been confirmed: Tight end John Phillips is out for the season with a torn ACL.

"All the leaves are brown, and the sky is gray."

Killer
08-09-2010, 11:15 AM
Romo is gonna choke on a ham sandwich?

SteelerEmpire
08-09-2010, 11:59 AM

This guy was blowing out the Cincy secondary (which means Heath Miller should take em to school)... How unlucky can they get to lose him...?

stillers4me
08-09-2010, 12:19 PM
I wish I was at work today to see all the dejected looks on the Bengals fans faces. They read alot into these preseason games..............their season is already over. :chuckle:

SteelMember
08-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Romo is gonna choke on a ham sandwich?

John Phillips... We're sad... anyway.

CantStop85
08-09-2010, 03:01 PM
I wish I was at work today to see all the dejected looks on the Bengals fans faces. They read alot into these preseason games..............their season is already over. :chuckle:

I always enjoy coming on here after a preseason game. If the Bengals lose it's "did you see the bungles last night? man, they really suck, we're going to kick their asses this year" and if they win it's "the preseason doesn't matter, the bungles still suck, preseason champs lol...but did you see John Kuhn? future hall of famer right there, no doubt." :chuckle:

stillers4me
08-09-2010, 03:07 PM
I always enjoy coming on here after a preseason game. If the Bengals lose it's "did you see the bungles last night? man, they really suck, we're going to kick their asses this year" and if they win it's "the preseason doesn't matter, the bungles still suck, preseason champs lol...but did you see John Kuhn? future hall of famer right there, no doubt." :chuckle:

The answer simple.

The Bengals suck.

:heh:

Killer
08-09-2010, 03:15 PM
http://deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/11/carson%20palmer.jpg

The Duke
08-09-2010, 03:54 PM
yeah, the guy was looking pretty good. Guess they are stuck with knucklehead Bennet as their #2 tight end

This guy was blowing out the Cincy secondary (which means Heath Miller should take em to school)... How unlucky can they get to lose him...?

If they use him as they are promising they yeah, heath should have a field day against the bengals. Their corners are pretty good anyway so gotta go with the underneath stuff

SirHulka
08-11-2010, 04:52 AM
John Phillips... We're sad... anyway.
Actually, it was Mama Cass that choked on a sandwich.

(Which is a myth. It never happened. There was a sandwich there, but she didn't die from choking.)