PDA

View Full Version : Rams have released Max Starks

stillers4me
10-01-2013, 04:37 PM
Do we make the call? Or has the USS Starks sailed?

SteelerFanInStl
10-01-2013, 04:39 PM
He's better than what we currently have.

st33lersguy
10-01-2013, 04:54 PM
It cannot hurt to try. We re-signed him a couple years ago after not having him for 4 games and he proved to be worth the investment

Craic
10-01-2013, 05:17 PM
In the offseason/camp I'm on record saying no way. After seeing this team, I say absolutely. Put him on the left side, switch Adams back over to the right side, and hope that we get someone to fill in at LG.

Count Steeler
10-01-2013, 06:13 PM
Naw, let's let these coaches ferment just a little longer. If Bicknell can't teach Foster and Adams how to hit something other than air, let's figure that out now and get him out of the city before we live through another horrible O Line era. Talent is one thing, but basic techniques should be able to be taught by the coaches.

steelreserve
10-01-2013, 06:18 PM
I doubt it. We had to restructure a contract just to sign injury replacements after Week 1, so it seems unlikely they'd make any more roster moves unless it's an emergency. If money was not an issue, I'd say bring him on board right away and see if he has anything left. But I do NOT think we want to push more financial problems into next year - which is going to be bad enough as it is - to possibly get a slight boost in this train wreck of a season. I don't think Starks is going to make the difference between winning a Super Bowl or not this year. At most, he might make the difference between getting the 5th draft pick and the 14th.

Shoes
10-01-2013, 08:23 PM
Like a bicycle inner tube with 15 patches on it. He's been cut/released by two teams since August. Give Long a shot, why keep these guys on the team if we're not going to use them? Heck Bicknell said they're jell'in...prove it.

ALLD
10-01-2013, 08:35 PM
They need to play everybody on the bench at this point. This is the season where everybody gets a trophy.

Count Steeler
10-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Hard to believe that Guy Whimper may not be the worst O lineman on this team. Wow.

Texasteel
10-01-2013, 09:01 PM
Like a bicycle inner tube with 15 patches on it. He's been cut/released by two teams since August. Give Long a shot, why keep these guys on the team if we're not going to use them? Heck Bicknell said they're jell'in...prove it.

If by jelling he means looks like jello, I agree with him.

86WARD
10-01-2013, 09:58 PM
Nope. He's no good.

KeiselPower99
10-01-2013, 10:07 PM
Cut Guy Whimper bring Max back!!!! While we are at it cut Palmer and promote Joe Long from the Ps. Those 2 cant be no freakin worse than what we have had out there.

steelerdude15
10-01-2013, 11:16 PM
I think that it would be a wise decision to try and get him back. I think that by bringing him back, it would be a positive influence for the team. He could be a mentor for the young tackles by helping them grow, he could help stitch up the left side of the line for the offense, and he would already knows the playbook. However, the Steelers decided to part ways with him and Willie Colon because they were not the correct personal for the new offensive line scheme. So, we'll see what unfolds.

katmandu
10-02-2013, 01:24 AM
I doubt it. We had to restructure a contract just to sign injury replacements after Week 1, so it seems unlikely they'd make any more roster moves unless it's an emergency.

If money was not an issue, I'd say bring him on board right away and see if he has anything left.

But I do NOT think we want to push more financial problems into next year - which is going to be bad enough as it is.Understatement of the week! Like the Government, the Steelers ain't gots no money to spend right now ! Next year is even going to be worse!

Steeldude
10-02-2013, 06:09 AM
He should have been on the team since day 1. How can you go into a season without a single tackle on the roster?

tube517
10-02-2013, 06:25 AM
One report is Beachum is getting the start.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/10/report-steelers-to-start-kelvin-beachum-at-left-tackle-against-the-jets/

Steeldude
10-02-2013, 07:00 AM
One report is Beachum is getting the start.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/10/report-steelers-to-start-kelvin-beachum-at-left-tackle-against-the-jets/

Beachum isn't the answer. The Steelers need a starting tackle somewhere on the line

The Bark
10-02-2013, 09:49 AM
Word is they're trading for Levi Brown from the Cards.

HollywoodSteel
10-02-2013, 12:10 PM
Understatement of the week! Like the Government, the Steelers ain't gots no money to spend right now ! Next year is even going to be worse!

But just like the government, the Steelers are spending anyway. How the hell are they signing Brown? My trust in Tomlin and Colbert is as thin as ever but I guess they must thing Brown is worth whatever more he costs than Starks (and that's not just money, but whatever draft pick they are giving up).