PDA

View Full Version : "Film Study." I found this interesting...

NJarhead
10-01-2013, 08:55 AM
OBSERVATIONS

• Left tackle Mike Adams struggled, to say the least, as he was responsible for 3.5 of the Vikings' five sacks. You would think that after allowing a sack and getting called for holding Jared Allen (negating what would've been another sack early in the game) the coaching staff would provide some help for Adams. That wasn't the case. Only six times out of Ben Roethlisberger's 56 drop backs did Adams get a chip from a running back or tight end. Three of the sacks came when Adams didn't get any help from a chip.

• So, the Steelers were waiting for Le'Veon Bell's return to unveil the outside zone. Think again. Out of Bell's 16 carries, only two were with the outside zone scheme — gaining 4 and 5 yards. They did run it three other times, including once on Antonio Brown's reverse.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/4796307-74/steelers-vikings-tackles#ixzz2gTiiINnM
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

Why are we doing less of what is seemingly successful?

The Bark
10-01-2013, 09:33 AM
It's another sign of bad coaching - bad as in failure to make adjustments. That goes for both sides of the ball seeing the defense was getting burned by the same approach Chicago took. This has been a hallmark of the Tomlin era (even Cowher had his fair share of stubbornness, too). He even acknowledged this in his post-game interview stating the unwillingness to put players in who were "below the line of preparedness".

steeldawg
10-01-2013, 09:33 AM
Why are we doing less of what is seemingly successful?

We will run more zone scheme if we can ever get out of the shotgun.

NJarhead
10-01-2013, 09:37 AM
We will run more zone scheme if we can ever get out of the shotgun.

That's a great point:

Successful running leads to successful play action: Ben won't be allotted the time for PA, so we pass out of the shotgun.

Maybe we should run/pass out of the pistol then.

Anyway, we should still be running it. What ever happened to "keep doing it until they figure out how to stop you?"

steeldawg
10-01-2013, 09:44 AM
That's a great point:

Successful running leads to successful play action: Ben won't be allotted the time for PA, so we pass out of the shotgun.

Maybe we should run/pass out of the pistol then.

Anyway, we should still be running it. What ever happened to "keep doing it until they figure out how to stop you?"

We are getting to far behind, when you look at our end game stats you think wow this passing attack is really effective! But we are not doing a lot in the early stages and then having to play catch up.

steel striker
10-03-2013, 02:22 PM
I almost think I could have block better than Adams did against Jarred Allen in London.

Dwinsgames
10-03-2013, 02:54 PM
Jarred Allen has made many of LTs his bitch over the years , but I can not think of any that where bigger bitches than Adams ....

however as bad as Adams was some portion of culpability lies withing the coaching staff for not giving him some help be it a chip from the RB or a TE to his side to help block ( Miller did that a TON to aid Gilbert and Adams both last year on the right side ) .....

so go ahead and blame Adams , make fun of him if you like you will get no disagreement from me ... just do me a favor and include Tomlin , Bicknell and Haley in the jokes and blame department because they have a nice big piece of blame pie on their faces too