PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Week 4: David Johnson, Heyward given top grades by Pro Football Focus

stillers4me
09-30-2013, 06:06 AM
Offense grades out very well but the defense only had two players in the green by football evaluation web site...

Steelers (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/pittsburgh-steelers) tight end David Johnson looked like a man reborn on a quick flare pass down the sideline. He managed to evade two Vikings (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/minnesota-vikings) defender, including linebacker Chad Greenway (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/3144/chad-greenway), who feasted on Steelers offensive players all game. It went for a gain of eight, but it seemed like so much more. One of the few catches he's made this season, but it was without question his best performance to date.........

Read more @ http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/9/30/4785960/steelers-vikings-week-4-grades-scouting-report-evaluation

zulater
09-30-2013, 07:01 AM
Left tackle Mike Adams earned a -3.9, his third consecutive game with a negative rating, landing him among the worst tackles in the NFL.

from link in op.

If this team doesn't start Kevin Beachum after the bye it shows they just aren't a very good coaching staff. Beachum is our best tackle period. He wont stand out like a sore thumb on every play like Adams does. Let Gilbert and Adams compete for the RT spot the rest of the season or until one makes the job his own. And don't give me the b.s. that we need Beachum as a swingman. You've got a week to find a serviceable guard to replace Foster if needed. But if Adams is still the starter against the Jets that tells me this coaching staff isn't good enough and things wont get better.

Craic
09-30-2013, 02:30 PM
Left tackle Mike Adams earned a -3.9, his third consecutive game with a negative rating, landing him among the worst tackles in the NFL.

from link in op.

If this team doesn't start Kevin Beachum after the bye it shows they just aren't a very good coaching staff. Beachum is our best tackle period. He wont stand out like a sore thumb on every play like Adams does. Let Gilbert and Adams compete for the RT spot the rest of the season or until one makes the job his own. And don't give me the b.s. that we need Beachum as a swingman. You've got a week to find a serviceable guard to replace Foster if needed. But if Adams is still the starter against the Jets that tells me this coaching staff isn't good enough and things wont get better.

As I just posted in another thread, I disagree about Adams . . . in that I think he's in the wrong spot. Why they switched him back to LT when he just can't seem to play there I don't know. He performed so much better last year on the other side. Stick him there and keep him there.

Count Steeler
09-30-2013, 03:23 PM
Any LT on the street or washing dishes? I would try Gilbert at LT, Adams at RT. If Gilbert blows, try Foster, if not let Beachum take it over until they are able to bring in someone who knows who to get mean and not be afraid of contact.

Texasteel
09-30-2013, 04:05 PM

from link in op.

If this team doesn't start Kevin Beachum after the bye it shows they just aren't a very good coaching staff. Beachum is our best tackle period. He wont stand out like a sore thumb on every play like Adams does. Let Gilbert and Adams compete for the RT spot the rest of the season or until one makes the job his own. And don't give me the b.s. that we need Beachum as a swingman. Y
ou've got a week to find a serviceable guard to replace Foster if needed. But if Adams is still the starter against the Jets that tells me this coaching staff isn't good enough and things wont get better.

Ridiculousness zu. So Adams is totally lost at LT. So he often blocks the wrong guy, if he blocks at all. So he couldn't open a running hole if he was driving a Jeep. So taking him out of the game and leaving no one at LT would be an upgrade to the position. We need that one guy, maybe out best Tackle, on the bench watching a inferior player make a fool out of himself,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, just in case. :dizzy:

I'm no coach or great football mind, but I believe Beachum on the left and Adams on the right would upgrade both positions. There for,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it make no sence.

Damit zu, and I was just starting to settle down.

salamander
09-30-2013, 05:12 PM
Ridiculousness zu. So Adams is totally lost at LT. So he often blocks the wrong guy, if he blocks at all. So he couldn't open a running hole if he was driving a Jeep. So taking him out of the game and leaving no one at LT would be an upgrade to the position. We need that one guy, maybe out best Tackle, on the bench watching a inferior player make a fool out of himself,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, just in case. :dizzy:

I'm no coach or great football mind, but I believe Beachum on the left and Adams on the right would upgrade both positions. There for,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it make no sence.

Damit zu, and I was just starting to settle down.

Yepp, why do what makes sense? That's not the standard at this juncture in Pittsburgh.

zulater
09-30-2013, 07:48 PM
As I just posted in another thread, I disagree about Adams . . . in that I think he's in the wrong spot. Why they switched him back to LT when he just can't seem to play there I don't know. He performed so much better last year on the other side. Stick him there and keep him there.

That's not really disagreeing with me Preach. ( :wink02: ) I, don't want Adams as the left tackle anymore. I want him and Gilbert to compete for the right tackle job and may the better man win. ( or may there actually be a better man? :pray:)

Craic
09-30-2013, 08:01 PM
That's not really disagreeing with me Preach. ( :wink02: ) I, don't want Adams as the left tackle anymore. I want him and Gilbert to compete for the right tackle job and may the better man win. ( or may there actually be a better man? :pray:)

The disagreement is that I don't want Gilbert on the field. Period. That, and I don't think Adams is that bad, just that he's in the wrong spot. I realized I didn't quite make it clear in my post to you that my disagreement was with over overall assessment of him, but that I did agree with you that he shouldn't be on the left side.