PDA

View Full Version : Foster Down with Chest Injury

katmandu
09-29-2013, 04:14 PM
Perfect timing. :rolleyes: Just exactly what we need right now.

Hope it's not serious and he'll be back ready to play in 2 weeks.

blackngldblood
09-29-2013, 04:38 PM
It couldn't have happened at a better time huh? How's the ol' free agent list looking for o-lineman?

Count Steeler
09-29-2013, 05:21 PM
Not happy he is injured, but I am glad they will be looking at other options at LG. Foster has under performed so far this year.

KeiselPower99
09-29-2013, 05:31 PM
The whole line has under performed and on top of that we have no depth like Ive been saying since June. Cant wait to see how this injury works out.

Steeldude
09-30-2013, 02:08 AM
Velasco appears to the best linemen.

NJarhead
09-30-2013, 06:33 AM
Not happy he is injured, but I am glad they will be looking at other options at LG. Foster has under performed so far this year.

Totally agree. And to his credit, I don't believe it's for lack of effort; he may just not be that good, or playing out of position. Every time he's pulled (from what I could tell) he was late getting to the hole and/or missed his block. As big as he is, maybe he could play RT? Move Gilbert to LT? Take 76 out back and put him out of his misery?

steelreserve
09-30-2013, 12:00 PM
It couldn't have happened at a better time huh? How's the ol' free agent list looking for o-lineman?

The free agent list is looking like we can't touch it, given that we had to restructure Miller's contract just to sign a replacement for Pouncey. Jesus Christ, what an awful mess we're in financially. Welcome to salary cap hell.

Craic
09-30-2013, 02:27 PM
Sigh.

I know the left side is important as it's the blindside of the QB, but seriously, is it better to screw up the entire line? When Foster is healthy, move him and Adams back to the right side. Last year they played decently well over there. See if DeCastro can play left Guard. If he can, that leaves one spot, LT that needs to be fixed for this season.

I just don't get why we can't get an offensive line going. More and more, I'm itching to just go back to the "Go hit someone" style of blocking. Enough of this fancy crap.