PDA

View Full Version : Just for fun.

blackngldblood
09-29-2013, 04:09 PM
Lets say that we do go 2-14 or 0-16 this year and have one of the top picks in the draft. Where would be the smart pick for this team? With all the deficiencies that are starting to become prevalent with every week that passes, what position are we picking first? I'm guessing LT. On that note, what's the beginning to start to fix the D?

st33lersguy
09-29-2013, 04:12 PM
Left tackle. Mike Adams is the worst starting offensive lineman in the NFL and on par with Limas Sweed in terms of 2nd round failures

blackngldblood
09-29-2013, 04:13 PM
By god, why have they not made a change? Is Gilbert really that much worse than he is over there?

Shoes
09-29-2013, 04:17 PM
By god, why have they not made a change? Is Gilbert really that much worse than he is over there?

Tomlin is waiting for Ben to break his leg first.

Count Steeler
09-29-2013, 05:25 PM
I think we have to go LT. On defense, we have to get help on the line as well.

We have to win the LOS. Period. Until then, the skill players will be wasted.

blackngldblood
09-29-2013, 05:28 PM
I think we have to go LT. On defense, we have to get help on the line as well.

We have to win the LOS. Period. Until then, the skill players will be wasted.

There's a pretty good LT playing for A&M right now that we could go after. Heyward seems to be stepping up, time to give up on Ziggy and anchor down?

Shoes
09-29-2013, 05:33 PM
Hood needs to make training videos for a living. :chuckle:

Count Steeler
09-29-2013, 05:34 PM
There's a pretty good LT playing for A&M right now that we could go after. Heyward seems to be stepping up, time to give up on Ziggy and anchor down?

We need to be solid to dominating on both sides of the ball. The O Line is pathetic. What a waste of very valuable draft picks. If they can't develop them, it is time to get new coaches. Very disconcerting how Pouncey plateaued after 1 season. That was just raw talent. Obviously other teams figured him out and he was unable to elevate his game, probably due to poor coaching.

Adams is a joke. Perhaps Jonathon Scott was secretly wearing 76 today. Ramon Foster at LG, I label as a failure. Much better on the right side. Gilbert and DeCastro, meh.

Heyward on the D looks like he has potential, given the right plays. Our LB and Linemen are playing sub par. We lose in the trenches and we are looking terrible.

Buckinnuts
09-29-2013, 05:39 PM
I would draft a coach!...lol

LLT
09-29-2013, 06:01 PM
Texas and I were talking....

Draft a legitimate Left Tackle... Move Pouncy to LG.....Keep Fernando Velasco at Center...Keep Decastro at RG...move Adams to RT... with backups of Gilbert, Beechum, Foster, and anyone but Whimper.

SteelerFanInStl
09-29-2013, 06:49 PM

Draft a legitimate Left Tackle... Move Pouncy to LG.....Keep Fernando Velasco at Center...Keep Decastro at RG...move Adams to RT... with backups of Gilbert, Beechum, Foster, and anyone but Whimper.

I'm in!

X-Terminator
09-29-2013, 07:27 PM

Someone else suggested this as well. :wink02:

KeiselPower99
09-29-2013, 07:34 PM

I like this!!!! I have thought that Adams needed to be the RT for a few seasons before they switched him over. Velasco is in my opinion an upgrade over Pouncey at Center

LLT
09-29-2013, 07:54 PM
Someone else suggested this as well. :wink02:

LOL...Your right...it WAS you.

LLT
09-29-2013, 08:03 PM
Another LT prospect that hasnt really got the attention that he deserves is Morgan Moses from Virginia...He might grade out much higher by the end of the season and end up being a solid early 2nd rounder.

Dwinsgames
09-29-2013, 09:14 PM
we have more holes than a donut shop ....

that being said one must also consider the age and contract size of Ike and Troy ..yes both playing well but for how much longer at the current price tag ????

We should try and trade down if picking top 5 , not trade way back but back and see how it unfolds and get some more picks along the way ...

we need a LT no question about it ....

we also are going to need a CB and inside linebacker that all can make an immediate impact ....

I am all for moving Adams to RT if we can get a legit LT ... Gilbert is worse than Adams is ( say that with a straight face 10 times ) but its true ....

Sanders should be on the fast train out of town too so a WR is also needed ..... we should get a comp pick for Wallace so that will help some but honestly we need wholesale changes in the scouting department it seems every year we draft the first 3-4 rounds then throw darts at the draft board hoping to get a good one ...

I know the draft is a crap shoot but at the same time I evaluate players in my spare time ( I am not paid to do this ) those guys are paid and paid well that is their job and they have access to far more tape than any of us do yet many of us seemingly know more .... we talked about guys here that have made a mark already as later round picks and we can't even get our 3rd round player on the field for any real playing time ( yea I know he got some snaps today but not a lot of looks ) considering Ben slung it 51 times ....

we also need our coaching staff to realize and game plan around the fact that when Ben throws it 30+ times a game more often than not we lose ..we need to run more even if it kills us ... I understand when behind late you got to sling it but we start out slinging it and never stop Ben is not the kind of player to win many games in that sort of system and the numbers clearly prove that ...

so yes in short ( well long ) we need a LT but that is only the beginning ..

we need game planning , we need leadership , we need better prospects through the entire draft not just 3 or 4 rounds .....

Texasteel
09-29-2013, 10:22 PM
Actually, we are thinking very much alike Dwins. If we do end up with a very early pick we could probably trade down to the 7th or 8th pick and get the LT I have been looking at and still get a late middle and a later second round pick. There will be some very nice WRs, CBs, and TEs available at both spots. Haven't really gone past the 3rd round yet. An extra 1st round and 2nd round could go a long way in filling our holes. I know, I know, it early to be talking about trades even for me.......... My name is ED, and I am a draft pick trade addict.

Dwinsgames
09-30-2013, 08:36 AM
Actually, we are thinking very much alike Dwins. If we do end up with a very early pick we could probably trade down to the 7th or 8th pick and get the LT I have been looking at and still get a late middle and a later second round pick. There will be some very nice WRs, CBs, and TEs available at both spots. Haven't really gone past the 3rd round yet. An extra 1st round and 2nd round could go a long way in filling our holes. I know, I know, it early to be talking about trades even for me.......... My name is ED, and I am a draft pick trade addict.

that's because we are old and have seen this stuff so many times LOL

glad to see you posting a little more

NJarhead
09-30-2013, 08:39 AM
LT.

DE.

CB.

Dwinsgames
09-30-2013, 08:43 AM
LT.

DE.

CB.

I think we need ILB long before DE Cam looks good to me , and I like Woods a lot too

NJarhead
09-30-2013, 08:46 AM
I think we need ILB long before DE Cam looks good to me , and I like Woods a lot too

I think Vince Williams is going to improve this year enough to deserve to start next year.

Cam's an unknown, but I do know that he shouldn't be yielding to Ziggy for snaps other than when he needs a blow. I'd like to see more of Al Woods.

I put CB before ILB. We need to start grooming a replacement for Ike and/or have a guy ready in case the Cortez Allen experiment doesn't pan out. That said, I'll give him another game or two before I pass too much judgment on him.