PDA

View Full Version : Game Goat

Psycho Ward 86
09-29-2013, 03:29 PM
Cortez Allen and not even close smh...

i thought this guy was supposed to be our huge upgrade to keenan lewis. wtf was that..

salamander
09-29-2013, 03:31 PM
The defense and the o-line.

Edman
09-29-2013, 03:33 PM
The three main culprits.

1) Defense
2) Bensack Roethlisturnover
3) Mike Adams

Shoes
09-29-2013, 03:35 PM
The three main culprits.

1) Defense
2) Offensive Line
3) Bensack Roethlisturnover

......and Tomlin and his crew.

LLT
09-29-2013, 03:36 PM
O-line...again.

salamander
09-29-2013, 03:38 PM
I refuse to place a lot of blame on Ben. Being under pressure ALL season eventually takes its toll.

st33lersguy
09-29-2013, 03:40 PM
The entire sad sack defense and the O-line

stillers4me
09-29-2013, 03:41 PM
Did our defense miss the flight?

blackngldblood
09-29-2013, 03:42 PM
The entire team is the goat. The D plays decent in the first two games, offense is terrible. The offense plays decent to good in the last two games, the defense sucks. Surprisingly the special teams have been stable, but looked leaky today. This whole teams got the stink of defeat on em, and they can't wash it off. 0-8 thus far this season, and I'm counting the preseason just because I have officially hit the "this ship has sunk" button. But alas, I'll be hear every game hoping something changes and we at least sniff around the five hundred mark this year. Oh, and fuck the playoffs........ I hate playoff football anyways.......*bitter.

Edman
I refuse to place a lot of blame on Ben. Being under pressure ALL season eventually takes its toll.

Ben brings it on himself for holding on the ball forever.

The Vikings were pinning back and rushing and not once did Ben make them pay by getting rid of the ball quickly.

SteelerFanInStl
1. Defense. The offense scored enough points to win this game. 1 sack and 0 turnovers
2. OL. Ben was running for his life the whole game. Mike Adams in particular was brutally bad.
3. Coaching

steelerdude15
09-29-2013, 03:43 PM

i thought this guy was supposed to be our huge upgrade to keenan lewis. wtf was that..

Cortez is just getting back from injury. Lets not jump the gun and already say he is awful. He needs time to get back up to speed.

My goat would be Mike Adams. He has done a poor job at left tackle this year and is getting blown up. Simple hand moves are allowing defenders to get by him, he is being pushed back, etc.

blackngldblood
09-29-2013, 03:45 PM

They have lost their confidence, swagger, nastiness. You know, all those stereotypical things that good defenses have.... I go back to that comment I made to you in a post somewhere about our defense keeping us in games, and just hang my head. They lost this game for us.

stillers4me
Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic49s (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/Dejan_Kovacevic/status/384418266879635456)Tomlin, on whether late arrival here impacted loss: "Nope." #Steelers (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/search?q=%23Steelers&src=hash)

Kittyfish
Radio aftershow guys put the blame squarely on the D. Bad angles, missed tackles, no takeaways yet this season, bad fundamentals.

salamander
09-29-2013, 03:47 PM

The Vikings were pinning back and rushing and not once did Ben make them pay by getting rid of the ball quickly.

I guess it comes easy for you to blame Ben for everything. :ranger:

SteelerFanInStl
09-29-2013, 03:48 PM

He's like a broken record.

blackngldblood
09-29-2013, 03:48 PM
The defense not getting one stinking turnover this year is like going into a strip club and not seeing a single tit. How the fuck does that happen? Not one dumb play by the offenses we've seen this season? WTF???????????

Psycho Ward 86
09-29-2013, 03:50 PM
i cant believe how much i looked forward to having cortez back...im jumping the gun on everybody because we dont have the luxury of waiting for people to get better. were 0-4 for the first time in 45 years smh...

blackngldblood
This game reminds me of the goddamn Raiders game last year. Matt fucking Cassell carves us up? Matt......fucking......Cassell........

Shoes
Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic49s (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/Dejan_Kovacevic/status/384418266879635456)Tomlin, on whether late arrival here impacted loss: "Nope." #Steelers (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/search?q=%23Steelers&src=hash)

No Tomlin's coaching has. I'm convinced Tomlin is full of himself.

Edman
09-29-2013, 03:51 PM

Nine Years in the league, the Offensive Line woes have stayed basically the same. I stopped blaming the O-Line a while ago. Maybe it could just be not all of the offensive line?

The culprit is the only constant through the Offensive mediocrity/ineptitude since 2008: #7. AKA Bensack Roethlisturnover.

SteelerFanInStl
09-29-2013, 03:52 PM
Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic49s (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/Dejan_Kovacevic/status/384418266879635456)Tomlin, on whether late arrival here impacted loss: "Nope, we just suck." #Steelers (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/search?q=%23Steelers&src=hash)

fixed

blackngldblood
09-29-2013, 03:52 PM
On a positive note, Bell looked pretty good out there eh? Maybe he's gonna pan out and help us get back on track. Next year.......

Edman
09-29-2013, 03:53 PM
He's like a broken record.

You hate hearing the truth about our "Elite" Quarterback. It will never go away, no matter how much you hate hearing it.

Ben is the problem.

Our "Shitty" O-Line let the Offense into the red zone twice near the end of the game and couldn't punch it in. Bensack only settles for Field Goals and gets strip sacked to lose the game after three chances.

It's the same old story.

steel9guy
09-29-2013, 03:53 PM
I will not blame Ben. We've had 6 years. 6 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to build a half decent oline and failed. Goat=Steelers management.

blackngldblood
09-29-2013, 03:55 PM
Goddamn it! Just move Adams back to the right and put Gilbert on the fucking left already. What the flying fuck is it going to hurt????? Damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

86WARD
09-29-2013, 03:55 PM
1. MIKE ADAMS. If ANYONE watched the game they could see he got abused time and time again. If you don't want him to be #1 goat, then blame the coaching staff for not changing the blocking schemes and put Adams and 1B.

stillers4me
09-29-2013, 04:01 PM
Ben. Is. Not. The. Problem.

Edman
09-29-2013, 04:03 PM
Now for the main culprit for this loss: The Defense.

Lebeau needs to retire. His schemes are tired and old, when even stiffs like Cassel can smash it. I still see plenty of potential for the 3-4, but we just don't have the mojo to run it. We've grown soft.

Poor tackling. Overpaid stiffs like Woodley and Timmons. Still no turnovers. It's an annual joke.

Shoes
09-29-2013, 04:03 PM
Bicknell's own words from a week ago.....

Bicknell believes the offensive line, built with athletic, agile players who were high draft picks, is ready to emerge."These guys are at a point where we're going to really start to jell," Bicknell said. "It's not like they're young anymore. I think we're close. Sometimes it doesn't look like we're close, but we are."

Ridiculous!

blackngldblood
09-29-2013, 04:04 PM

Absolutely not. What do you expect to happen when you have to do what he's had to do to be in these past two games? On the interception, Manny stopped moving. Manny's fault, mostly.

stillers4me
09-29-2013, 04:07 PM

SteelerFanInStl
09-29-2013, 04:08 PM
You hate hearing the truth about our "Elite" Quarterback. It will never go away, no matter how much you hate hearing it.

Ben is the problem.

Our "Shitty" O-Line let the Offense into the red zone twice near the end of the game and couldn't punch it in. Bensack only settles for Field Goals and gets strip sacked to lose the game after three chances.

It's the same old story.

The truth? :lol: You're delusional. You're the ONLY ONE that's blaming Ben for anything on this forum. Yes, you're the ONLY ONE with the truth!

How many points do you think this offense would've scored without Ben? Seeing as to how Ben was running for his life most of the game, I'd say 10 at most. Ben makes plays despite the terrible OL.

Psycho Ward 86
09-29-2013, 04:09 PM

i like the attitude. i will say, even though its just one game, he did look better than i thought, especially with getting hit in the backfield so often

salamander
09-29-2013, 04:10 PM
Now for the main culprit for this loss: The Defense.

Lebeau needs to retire. His schemes are tired and old, when even stiffs like Cassel can smash it. I still see plenty of potential for the 3-4, but we just don't have the mojo to run it. We've grown soft.

Now this I can kind of agree with you on. I know we all love Coach Lebeau, but our defense has gone downhill every year since the 2008 season.

st33lersguy
09-29-2013, 04:10 PM
Bicknell's own words from a week ago.....

Bicknell believes the offensive line, built with athletic, agile players who were high draft picks, is ready to emerge."These guys are at a point where we're going to really start to jell," Bicknell said. "It's not like they're young anymore. I think we're close. Sometimes it doesn't look like we're close, but we are."

Ridiculous!

Bicknell is awful

Kittyfish
09-29-2013, 04:14 PM
Now this I can kind of agree with you on. I know we all love Coach Lebeau, but our defense has gone downhill every year since the 2008 season.

Radio guys just said teams have figured out how to beat out the D using short, quick passes - that's pretty much what the other teams have hit us with all season and it has been working.

Edman
09-29-2013, 04:20 PM
The truth? :lol: You're delusional. You're the ONLY ONE that's blaming Ben for anything on this forum. Yes, you're the ONLY ONE with the truth!

How many points do you think this offense would've scored without Ben? Seeing as to how Ben was running for his life most of the game, I'd say 10 at most. Ben makes plays despite the terrible OL.

The truth isn't run by popular consensus. The truth is never "popular". There was once "popular" consensus where the Earth was flat and not round.

Ben makes plays despite the Terrible OL? I know. That's why the Steelers drove down to the red zone twice near the end of the game and our 'playmaking" QB failed to punch it in. Ben can make plays, but never when it counts. Two trips inside the Vikings 10: a Field Goal and a Turnover to lose the game. Classic Ben.

Ben was running for his life because that's what he does. He's always done that. He likes holding the ball forever and going sandlot. It's so easy to blame the O-Line for that. Goddamn O-Line not being able to hold off pass rushers like Jared Allen for more than 4-5 seconds while Ben gawks downfield! They suck! Fire them all! Cut this guy! Cut that guy. Fire this coach and draft all new Linemen!

The O-Line will never improve until Ben starts playing smarter. Did you not remember last year?

Edman
09-29-2013, 04:27 PM
Radio guys just said teams have figured out how to beat out the D using short, quick passes - that's pretty much what the other teams have hit us with all season and it has been working.

Short, Quick Passes is how you beat ANY blitz-heavy pressure Defense.

Unfortunately, the Steelers and particularly Ben still don't realize this, even though it's worked for them last year. The Vikings and Bears just kept pinning their ears back and coming at them and attacking the O-Line, not once did Ben make them pay or back off.

The Steelers held the Eagles to 0 sacks last year. Why? Because Ben was getting rid of the ball quickly.

oneforthetoe
09-29-2013, 04:29 PM
The defense not getting one stinking turnover this year is like going into a strip club and not seeing a single tit. How the fuck does that happen? Not one dumb play by the offenses we've seen this season? WTF???????????

Analogy of the year.

katmandu
09-29-2013, 04:31 PM
My goat would be Mike Adams. He has done a poor job at left tackle this year and is getting blown up. Simple hand moves are allowing defenders to get by him, he is being pushed back, etc.I have to agree here.

Mike Adams is the worst pass blocking LT I've ever seen. Just atrocious.

blackngldblood
09-29-2013, 04:32 PM
Analogy of the year.

Its probably the best one I've ever made. The worst seems to bring out the best in me at times, lol.

SteelerFanInStl
09-29-2013, 04:34 PM
The truth isn't run by popular consensus. The truth is never "popular". There was once "popular" consensus where the Earth was flat and not round.

Ben makes plays despite the Terrible OL? I know. That's why the Steelers drove down to the red zone twice near the end of the game and our 'playmaking" QB failed to punch it in. Ben can make plays, but never when it counts. Two trips inside the Vikings 10: a Field Goal and a Turnover to lose the game. Classic Ben.

Ben was running for his life because that's what he does. He's always done that. He likes holding the ball forever and going sandlot. It's so easy to blame the O-Line for that. Goddamn O-Line not being able to hold off pass rushers like Jared Allen for more than 4-5 seconds while Ben gawks downfield! They suck! Fire them all! Cut this guy! Cut that guy. Fire this coach and draft all new Linemen!

The O-Line will never improve until Ben starts playing smarter. Did you not remember last year?

Yes, damn that Ben for running around and making plays when he should just be sitting in the pocket and tacking sacks. :lol:

Did you ever think that maybe no one is open and that's why Ben is holding on to the ball? Sure, there's plenty of times when Ben should just get rid of it and go to the next play. OTOH, most of the time, Ben ends up making a positive play BECAUSE he held on to the ball.

tube517
09-29-2013, 04:49 PM
I blame the defense. Poor tackling and no turnovers, yet again.

Of course, Mike Adams still sucks.

katmandu
09-29-2013, 04:54 PM
Short, Quick Passes is how you beat ANY blitz-heavy pressure Defense.

Unfortunately, the Steelers and particularly Ben still don't realize this, By "Steelers" you certainly mean Haley and Tomlin.

They need to let Ben loose to do his no-huddle magic again.

Texasteel
09-29-2013, 05:14 PM
There comes a time when the coaches have to say " this team should not be this bad " and take a long hard look at themselves.

Shoes
09-29-2013, 05:19 PM
I'll say it again. The problems we have are problems compounded from past years. Losing to subpar teams, losing in the 4th quarter and losing in the draft. No direction, no leadership and lot's of slothfulness. This is a coaching issue. The chickens have come home to roost.

ALLD
09-29-2013, 06:09 PM
Looks like a lot of individual efforts with little cohesiveness. That makes the holes like the Grand Canyon.

jb500ex
09-29-2013, 08:14 PM
Ben sure looked good against prevent

steelerdude15
09-29-2013, 08:24 PM
Nine Years in the league, the Offensive Line woes have stayed basically the same. I stopped blaming the O-Line a while ago. Maybe it could just be not all of the offensive line?

The culprit is the only constant through the Offensive mediocrity/ineptitude since 2008: #7. AKA Bensack Roethlisturnover.

Huh... could of sworn the Steelers won the Super Bowl during the 2008 season...

Dwinsgames
09-29-2013, 08:25 PM

don't be so quick to eliminate him from the equation , he is part of the problem ...

Ben passing for over 300 yards is more often than not a bad thing , where as Peyton Manning , Marsha Brady , Drew Brees . Aaron Rogers its a good thing .... when Ben passes for 300+ we usually lose the football game when those other guys do it more often than not they win football games ....

Ben is a turnover machine when asked to do to much and carry the team on his back and right now he is being asked to do just that and hence he is turning the ball over at an alarming rate between INTs and fumbles ...

Yes the line is a large part of the problem but they are not throwing the football Ben is .... he needs to take better care of it

Offence all starts up front , in the trenches .... if you lose those battles everything else suffers so yes they are part of the problem and Ben is also part of the problem , his play is effected by theirs so it is not all on him but at the end of the day he is the one with the football in hand on every play and he needs to take care of it regardless of how well or how poorly the men in front of him play

fansince'76
09-29-2013, 08:58 PM

No, his tackles suck and are going to get him killed. 3 fucking sacks on a single drive against a team that had 4 through 3 GAMES up to that point? Please. This line routinely caves against 3 man fronts.

Count Steeler
09-29-2013, 09:04 PM
Our O Line has perfected the art of blocking the trail wind of a rushing defender.

So when are they getting agile and athletic? Right now they are slow and out of position.

Shoes
09-29-2013, 09:19 PM
I couldn't believe my eyes on Greenways sack of Ben. Greenway popped Adams on his right shoulder, knocked him backwards and rolled off and sacked Ben. I mean it looked like a push. But Bicknell say's their jell'n ....even if it doesn't look like it.

Dwinsgames
09-29-2013, 09:23 PM
according to the merriam-webster dictionary
suck verb \ˈsək\: The 2013 Pittsburgh Steelers

fansince'76
09-29-2013, 09:25 PM
No, his tackles suck and are going to get him killed. 3 fucking sacks on a single drive against a team that had 4 through 3 GAMES up to that point? Please. This line routinely caves against 3 man fronts.

Case in point - did you see how much time Brady got on that 34-yard throw to Edelman just now? He had all night to throw that and there wasn't a guy in a Falcons jersey in the same fucking ZIP code he was. When's the last time Ben was given that much time? Been a while.

salamander
09-29-2013, 09:27 PM
Case in point - did you see how much time Brady got on that 34-yard throw to Edelman just now? He had all night to throw that and there wasn't a guy in a Falcons jersey in the same fucking ZIP code he was.

Brady would get eaten alive if he had the Steelers o-line.

Shoes
09-29-2013, 09:31 PM

Sadly, Ben won't be playing by mid season if this continues. If Tomlin has any balls left he'll put a stop to this absurdity.

fansince'76
09-29-2013, 09:31 PM

Brady, and Manning, for that matter, wouldn't put up with it. They'd be in somebody's ass. It's past time for Ben to start chewing these guys out for their half-assed pattycake blocking.

Shoes
09-29-2013, 09:33 PM
Brady, and Manning, for that matter, wouldn't put up with it. They'd be in somebody's ass. It's past time for Ben to start chewing these guys out for their half-assed pattycake blocking.

Exactly, Ben needs to stop lying to himself and the media.

fansince'76
09-29-2013, 09:47 PM
Exactly, Ben needs to stop lying to himself and the media.

3rd and 19 - Brady given forever to throw once again and completes a 26-yarder.

Shoes
09-29-2013, 09:59 PM
3rd and 19 - Brady given forever to throw once again and completes a 26-yarder.

....like you said Brady and Manning would be chewing some tail....Ben post game still giving props to his O-line. There is something very wrong here.

- - - Updated - - -

steelerdude15
09-29-2013, 10:27 PM

Then the media and fans would go nuts and say how he's a bad teammate and blah blah blah. :rolleyes:

steeldawg
09-29-2013, 10:36 PM
I don't know what calling them out in the media would do? It might give the fans a little satisfaction but it would probably just make things worse.

stillers4me
09-29-2013, 10:47 PM
....like you said Brady and Manning would be chewing some tail....

- - - Updated - - -

Ashley should start publically blaming his teammates, also. Afterall, Ben can't do it all himself. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Smileys/bth_chinois01.gif

Shoes
09-29-2013, 10:56 PM
Ashley should start publically blaming his teammates, also. Afterall, Ben can't do it all himself. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Smileys/bth_chinois01.gif

Maybe she should, the pats are 4-0 after losing a boat load of good players.

steeldawg
09-29-2013, 10:58 PM
Maybe she should, the pats are 4-0 after losing a boat load of good players.

Well the pats have one thing we don't......coaching!

Shoes
09-29-2013, 10:59 PM
Well the pats have one thing we don't......coaching!

Of course, hard work and good coaching.

steelreserve
09-29-2013, 11:13 PM
I'd say the entire defense for getting torched by Matt Cassel, plus some of the most piss-poor tackling I've ever seen out of this group.

Our offense was not great either - sure, 27 points, but a fundamental problem is that if your drives go ... 2-yard run, incomplete pass, 30-yard completion out of your ass, incomplete pass, 2-yard run, incomplete pass, the result is still a punt. Maybe a FG try if you're lucky, but not an effective way to run your offense overall. If not for that free touchdown from the 50-yard pass interference on a moonball that would've made Joe Flacco proud, the game would not even have been close. I guess Sanders had another OK statistical game, but as usual this season, he was the invisible man again.

The answer to this is: Allen wasn't supposed to be an upgrade over Lewis. He was the guy we hoped was as good as Lewis since we couldn't afford him. Guess that one didn't work out either.

- - - Updated - - -

Brady, and Manning, for that matter, wouldn't put up with it. They'd be in somebody's ass.

Brady literally, Manning only figuratively, I'm guessing ...

zulater
09-29-2013, 11:57 PM
I wont get down on Cortez Allen first week coming off an injury and all. I still think he's a very good player.

My goat's this game are the coaching staff for not starting Kevin Beachum at left tackle. Mike Adams is overmatched at left tackle. So I can't blame a guy who isn't capable of playing at a high enough level to do the job.

Other goats Ryan Clark. Has he made a play this year? He's gotten old overnight. Not much of a player anymore I'm afraid.

Ike Taylor. You dropped two balls, granted on the first the receiver made a very heads up play to swat the ball, but the second drop was inexcusable. Though totally in character. Make that pick and it changes the complexion of the game.

Ben. The interception was inexcusable and I knew it was coming. As soon as the Rusty Sieve defense allowed the Vikings to match our 2nd half opening drive with a touchdown in kind I knew that Ben would try to do too much and would force the issue and turn the ball over. And of course he met my expectation. But besides that he was terrible down inside the redzone today. Poor decisions and poor throws resulted in the Steelers taking field goals where touchdowns were needed. Ben's passing mechanics are way off right now. The coaching staff should work on that during the bye week. They wont.

Psycho Ward 86
09-29-2013, 11:59 PM
Other goats Ryan Clark. Has he made a play this year? He's gotten old overnight.

I cant stop laughing at how wrong this statement is

zulater
09-30-2013, 12:02 AM
I cant stop laughing at how wrong this statement is

So where has he made a play? I haven't seen it. He's been bulldozed, taken bad angles, doesn't break up passes. Empty uniform. Fucking defense was worthless as the offense today.

Making a tackle after the guy's 8 yards plus down the field really doesn't impress me much.

Psycho Ward 86
09-30-2013, 12:23 AM
So where has he made a play? I haven't seen it. He's been bulldozed, taken bad angles, doesn't break up passes. Empty uniform. Fucking defense was worthless as the offense today.

I bolded 'He's gotten old overnight' which means that was the statement i was referring too. thought that was palpable but i guess not. i dont think its any use mentioning really any of our long time veterans ages in a negative fashion anymore because it was a long time coming and this organization knew it. The whole "oh, we had to keep all the old veterans around to keep our superbowl window open" is horse shit. Other organizations are fully capable of not slaughtering their cap space and cutting veterans that are past their prime or approaching past their prime. The packers, patriots, and ravens have looked plenty good for quite a while to me without doing what we think is somehow necessary.

we really fucked up: horrible drafting, clinging onto past-their-prime/approaching past-their-prime vets for more money than we can afford, developing good young talent and not making the effort/being able to keep it in pittsburgh, leading the league in restructured contracts, making all the contract-cows uncuttable, and a horrible cap situation with not that good of a team. Normally if you're this bad, you have cap space.

This is all kind of off of a tangent but hey, its been a bad day. hell, i dont care if cortez allen becomes an All-pro by season's end. i still think it was a huge mistake not to resign keenan lewis, who was an affordable commodity, probably cheaper than ike, who is always regressing and getting way too long in the tooth. still sitting here wishing ike was cut so we could sign lewis. but meh, just one of many "should coulda woulda's" from this past year.

zulater
09-30-2013, 12:25 AM
I bolded 'He's gotten old overnight' which means that was the statement i was referring too. thought that was palpable but i guess not. i dont think its any use mentioning really any of our long time veterans ages in a negative fashion anymore because it was a long time coming and this organization knew it. The whole "oh, we had to keep all the old veterans around to keep our superbowl window open" is horse shit. Other organizations are fully capable of not slaughtering their cap space and cutting veterans that are past their prime or approaching past their prime. The packers, patriots, and ravens have looked plenty good for quite a while to me without doing what we think is somehow necessary.

we really fucked up: horrible drafting, clinging onto past-their-prime/approaching past-their-prime vets for more money than we can afford, developing good young talent and not making the effort/being able to keep it in pittsburgh, leading the league in restructured contracts, making all the contract-cows uncuttable, and a horrible cap situation with not that good of a team. Normally if you're this bad, you have cap space.

This is all kind of off of a tangent but hey, its been a bad day. hell, i dont care if cortez allen becomes an All-pro by season's end. i still think it was a huge mistake not to resign keenan lewis, who was an affordable commodity, probably cheaper than ike, who is always regressing and getting way too long in the tooth. still sitting here wishing ike was cut so we could sign lewis. but meh, just one of many "should coulda woulda's" from this past year.

I said all along we should have kept Keenan Lewis and let go of Ike. Not that Ike can't play anymore, but you don't keep an 11 year vet of similar skills over s 5 year vet if the price is relatively the same.

By the way Clark had a very good season last year, so he may not have gotten old overnight. But his play has.

Psycho Ward 86
09-30-2013, 12:34 AM
By the way Clark had a very good season last year, so he may not have gotten old overnight. But his play has.

he did have a good season, but watching his play get old overnight isnt something that should come as a surprise. thats what happens when players GET OLD. and thats why you dont keep them. And thats why we used to stop handing out contracts to players headed towards the twilight zone. but now we hardly have a choice because we forgot how to draft overnight smh

zulater
09-30-2013, 12:35 AM
he did have a good season, but watching his play get old overnight isnt something that should come as a surprise. thats what happens when players GET OLD. and thats why you dont keep them. And thats why we used to stop handing out contracts to players headed towards the twilight zone. but now we hardly have a choice because we forgot how to draft overnight smh

No arguments here.

Psycho Ward 86
09-30-2013, 12:42 AM
i do love the promise and upside in cortez allen though. And when i say promise and upside, i mean i think he can play great ball right now. just a bad game, maybe his injury is still hurting, whatever. i believe he was rated the top nickel corner in the entire NFL last season? still always going to feel sour about not having lewis though. he's sure doing well as the top corner on the #2 rated pass defense in the NFL

Steeldude
09-30-2013, 01:53 AM
Wait, are fans finally realizing the defense is not good and has been floundering for awhile?

And where did all of the people go that said BR is better than Manning?

There are too many goats to go around. One of them is Sanders. I wish they would have let the Patriots take him.

The bottom line is the team needs leaders and discipline. They do not have either on the roster.

NJarhead
09-30-2013, 06:34 AM

Evidently, yes.

Moose
09-30-2013, 05:57 PM
The whole Fk'n organization ! F.O. down. A damn herd of goats.

zulater
09-30-2013, 07:36 PM
Wait, are fans finally realizing the defense is not good and has been floundering for awhile?

And where did all of the people go that said BR is better than Manning?

There are too many goats to go around. One of them is Sanders. I wish they would have let the Patriots take him.

The bottom line is the team needs leaders and discipline. They do not have either on the roster.

Worse yet, the coaching staff is similarly lacking.