PDA

View Full Version : Bill Cowher

polamalubeast
05-31-2010, 05:10 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-top-ten/09000d5d810aea20/Top-Ten-Motivational-Coaches-Bill-Cowher

Here are some beautiful memories!

SteelerSal
05-31-2010, 07:25 PM
Good find...thanks for posting.

BlastFurnace
05-31-2010, 09:16 PM
Although he frustrated me during AFC Championship Games, I loved him as a coach.

BPS3akaWirels3
05-31-2010, 09:19 PM
He is the kind of coach I want coaching our Steelers. So many people say he was too mean and high strung... That is how I manage people and it's always gotten results. My people hated me but they did well and thats what I loved about him. I wish Tomlin was more like that..

steelpride12
05-31-2010, 09:26 PM
He was the typical type of person who was fit to be a Steelers coach. Tough mindset and attitude and he knew how to keep them in control. He got what he wanted and was angry when needed too. Would never forget "the chin"!

Psycho Ward 86
05-31-2010, 09:43 PM
I dont think some of you understand what Chuck Noll was like. All of his players said he was really quiet, serious, and boring all the time. Rocky Bleier said he had the blandest pre-game and half-time speeches. They said he would try to inspire them and ultimately fail.

Randy Grossman said that they succeeded because he ran the team like a machine in other aspects. That's it.

Whether You appreciate Noll, Cowher, Tomlin, all of them, two of them, or just one of them, learn to appreciate the different flavors!

BlastFurnace
05-31-2010, 09:49 PM
Cowher was special to me because of the way he broke into the league. He was refreshing, motivating, and I loved the way he used to fire the players up. After the high's of the 70's, the 80's were dreadful...with the low point coming from 1985 through 1988, a brief reprieve in 1989, and then low points again in 90 and 91. Cowher came in and won and won immediately. The birth of Blitzburgh came about during his tenure where once again, we had the baddest defense in the league. A part of me will pull for him when he comes back. I can't help it, I'll always be a fan of his.

steelerrob
06-01-2010, 12:37 AM
Yeah, I loved Cowher for his spirit during the games....it was so great to see him either fired up & mega-stoked or just plain ANGRY!