PDA

View Full Version : Redman trying to get released ?

Dwinsgames
09-26-2013, 05:03 PM
seems like it to me , who does this ?

http://www.nflevolution.com/article/pittsburgh-steelers%27-isaac-redman-says-he-played-with-concussion?ref=0ap2000000250990

Craic
09-26-2013, 05:11 PM
Pretty stupid if you ask me. I can understand it with so many players trying to fill the spot. However, it is not worth the risk, nor is it smart to bring attention like that down onto you or your team.

zulater
09-26-2013, 05:11 PM
He was obviously with it enough to pass a base line test. So the Steelers are off the hook, though still embarrassed. Stupid of him to admit it now. And yes it's cause to cut him in my opinion. Not only did he lie to the doctors. ( assuming he's telling the truth now) But to come out and admit it only days later, he has to know in today's environment that's a black eye to the team and league. Of course he's already guaranteed his full year's salary, so it's not a huge loss to Redman if they cut him now. But perhaps it will send the message to other players, don't lie to the doctors!

Of if you do keep it on the qt until your career is over. :heh:

Dwinsgames
09-26-2013, 05:19 PM
He was obviously with it enough to pass a base line test. So the Steelers are off the hook, though still embarrassed. Stupid of him to admit it now. And yes it's cause to cut him in my opinion. Not only did he lie to the doctors. ( assuming he's telling the truth now) But to come out and admit it only days later, he has to know in today's environment that's a black eye to the team and league. Of course he's already guaranteed his full year's salary, so it's not a huge loss to Redman if they cut him now. But perhaps it will send the message to other players, don't lie to the doctors!

Of if you do keep it on the qt until your career is over. :heh:

his money is guaranteed to a degree ....

I know people think a guaranteed number means what it says at face value but it really is no guarantee at all ...

all it guarantees the player of is IF they are cut they are paid in full ...

what it does not guarantee is the money in full if the player is suspended by the team for x amount of games ....

conduct detrimental to the team has a HUGE gray area around it .... anything that brings a bad light or causes a stir within the organization could be classified conduct detrimental to the team ...

I would suspend him , let him appeal and then cut him once he lost the appeal claiming he was further disruptive during the appeal process .... ( you would not be lying because he would have people in the locker room talking about and taking sides )

Count Steeler
09-26-2013, 06:23 PM
I guess there is more cancer still to get rid of? Very disappointing.

Bluecoat96
09-26-2013, 09:43 PM
Doesn't Pittsburgh have a very highly regarded reputation for neurology? I also thought that the Steelers along with the corresponding area neurologists spearheaded a lot of the current concussion testing for the NFL.

I'm thinking that they know how to administer a fucking concussion test, Isaac.

86WARD
09-26-2013, 10:34 PM
I could only hope. If this team goes 0-16 and releases Isaac Redman in the process (2 years too late,) I will consider the season a success!

tube517
09-27-2013, 07:28 AM
Troy has admitted he has lied too. Dumb of both of them and any others who do that

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8177905/troy-polamalu-pittsburgh-steelers-admits-lied-concussions

NJarhead
09-27-2013, 08:04 AM
He's seemingly trying to get credit for a "team first" attitude so as not to get released for his sub-par play.

silver & black
09-27-2013, 08:08 AM
I'm sure most players on any team would lie about it. They want to play. Having said that, It was pretty stupid of him to go public with it.

fansince'76
09-27-2013, 08:27 AM
Suddenness and glide! :chuckle:

HollywoodSteel
09-27-2013, 09:06 AM
Passing his test against his baseline results just proves how little difference a concussion makes to this dude's damaged mind.

NJarhead
09-27-2013, 09:35 AM
Those of you in Pitt may have heard this, but I just heard Tunch give a Chuck Noll quote regarding the media:

"Treat the media like you would mushrooms: keep em in the dark and feed em manure."

Great advice! :lol:

katmandu
09-27-2013, 10:55 AM
seems like it to me , who does this ?

http://www.nflevolution.com/article/pittsburgh-steelers%27-isaac-redman-says-he-played-with-concussion?ref=0ap2000000250990He obviously was still experiencing symptoms of a concussion to do something so stupid.

As one who experienced a near death head injury myself, any head injury/concussion is nothing to play around with. Until one has experienced a concussion yourself, you really have no idea how bad they can be. Even getting your "bell rung" is no joke.

With all the education and light shown on this subject the last few years, it's amazing to me the ignorance continue to display. Some people just don't like facts I suppose. :rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

NFL Concussion Test

http://www.nflevolution.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/nfl-concussion-tool-post-injury.pdf

zulater
09-27-2013, 10:51 PM
Troy has admitted he has lied too. Dumb of both of them and any others who do that

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8177905/troy-polamalu-pittsburgh-steelers-admits-lied-concussions

Of the times Troy admitted to lying about it was before concussions became the primary off the field story pertaining to the NFL. It's a different environment now.

katmandu
09-29-2013, 11:33 AM
There is a TV Special coming up on Oct 8th 9PM on PBS that is highlighting the Concussion issue in the NFL

salamander
09-29-2013, 11:35 AM
Just throwing it out there that Redman is the odd man out for RBs for today's game and is inactive.