PDA

View Full Version : NFL fines Steelers' Brown after Bears game

stillers4me
09-25-2013, 04:24 PM
Steelers (http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/) wide receiver Antonio Brown had the best game of his career against the Bears, but it came at a hefty price.
Brown was fined in excess of $16,000 by the NFL on Wednesday for two incidents Sunday night — a facemask and an unnecessary roughness call...............

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/4771558-74/brown-bears-game#ixzz2fwSkLZFp

steelreserve
09-25-2013, 04:34 PM
Never heard of a fine against the punt returner for making a stiffarm ... welcome to the new NFL, I guess.

Next week: $7,500 fine against the placekick holder because his shoelace was untied.

Craic
09-25-2013, 04:36 PM
Didn't see the hit and want to before I comment on it, but there is no reason for a fine for that facemask call. How stupid. It shouldn't been a five yard rather than a fifteen yard penalty anyway, because there was no deliberate grabbing and yanking of the head from what I remember.

HollywoodSteel
09-25-2013, 04:42 PM
He lost his cool and hopefully he'll learn from it but it is a shame that of all the people on the Steelers to have to give up money after that game, A.B. has to be that guy. At least we know it came from a competitive spirit after leaving everything he had on the field.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't see the hit and want to before I comment on it, but there is no reason for a fine for that facemask call. How stupid. It shouldn't been a five yard rather than a fifteen yard penalty anyway, because there was no deliberate grabbing and yanking of the head from what I remember.

I'm not 100% sure but I thought they changed that rule. They might not even have the 5 yard version anymore.

tube517
09-25-2013, 04:46 PM
Automatic fine for lifting his hand. Pay up you slot WR not getting paid to jump or try hard. :chuckle:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 4

vader29
09-25-2013, 04:52 PM
Next week: $7,500 fine against the placekick holder because his shoelace was untied.
http://i39.tinypic.com/2i1doc7.jpg

Craic
09-25-2013, 05:19 PM
He lost his cool and hopefully he'll learn from it but it is a shame that of all the people on the Steelers to have to give up money after that game, A.B. has to be that guy. At least we know it came from a competitive spirit after leaving everything he had on the field.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not 100% sure but I thought they changed that rule. They might not even have the 5 yard version anymore.

That's right, it's not even a penalty anymore, so it shouldn't have been called. I'm replaying the scene in my head and from what I remember, he didn't "Grab, twist, or turn" by the face mask. He stiffarmed into it, then wrapped his fingers but didn't cause any other movement. Am I remembering that right? If I am, then it really shouldn't be a penalty at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Um, that very well may be a uniform violation, and if so, I'd imagine that'd be about the right fine for a second offense.

steeldawg
09-25-2013, 05:36 PM
The face mask fine is garbage but the hit he made was dirty he deserved a fine for that.

Texasteel
09-25-2013, 05:40 PM
Never heard of a fine against the punt returner for making a stiffarm ... welcome to the new NFL, I guess.

Next year it will be unnecessary roughness on the football if the kick go's through the end zone.

Count Steeler
09-25-2013, 05:42 PM
I remember the hit was a late one.

Texasteel
09-25-2013, 05:48 PM
I remember the hit was a late one.

I think it was a frustration hit, and Brown will be paying for it.

SteelerFanInStl
09-25-2013, 06:02 PM
The personal foul for the stiffarm was ridiculous enough. Now Goofdell and his cronies go and fine him also. That's just ridiculous! He didn't grab and twist or anything like that. I see players in every game do the exact same thing and no flag is even thrown.

steelerdude15
09-25-2013, 07:09 PM
We all knew this was coming.

NCSteeler
09-25-2013, 07:28 PM
The personal foul for the stiffarm was ridiculous enough. Now Goofdell and his cronies go and fine him also. That's just ridiculous! He didn't grab and twist or anything like that. I see players in every game do the exact same thing and no flag is even thrown.

THIS!

Steeldude
09-26-2013, 05:01 AM
Fined for a face masking penalty? Ok, this means every play who commits the same penalty should be fined, right?

I am still waiting for them to call lowering the shoulders after the 3 yd. cushion. You know they are going to call it during a crucial moment. It's the worst rule I have seen yet. It has such a huge grey area.

Chin05
09-26-2013, 10:56 AM
They should just charge an entry fee for players when entering the stadium to cover any potential penalties going for charitable causes like the.. Rog & Smitty Money Laundering Co. The Players union is a joke just like the one at our workplace no representation. If the push off FM penalty was listed when Ward played he'd be living in a cardboard box.

Craic
09-26-2013, 04:00 PM
Fined for a face masking penalty? Ok, this means every play who commits the same penalty should be fined, right?

I am still waiting for them to call lowering the shoulders after the 3 yd. cushion. You know they are going to call it during a crucial moment. It's the worst rule I have seen yet. It has such a huge grey area.

And yet, they didn't go after Dwyer for doing that very thing. Interesting. I don't know the rule too well, but it would seem to me that if you're going to call it, that would have been the one to call it on since he lined the guy up and ran into him Jerome Bettis style.

smokin3000gt
09-26-2013, 05:12 PM
I couldn't believe that threw the flag on the stiff arm, but to fine it too? WTF. It's like dickhole [gooddell] is trolling the fans now. What a joke...

SteelerFanInStl
09-26-2013, 07:50 PM
Justin Smith of the Niners just grabbed Sam Bradford's facemask and twisted his head around. How much you wanna bet he doesn't get fined?