PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin: Steelers healthy for London trip

zulater
09-24-2013, 12:48 PM
Tomlin: Steelers healthy for London trip

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said this afternoon during his weekly news conference that the Steelers are as healthy as they have been this season and expects everyone on the 53-man roster to be available for Sunday's game against the Minnesota Vikings in London.
Tomlin will welcome the return of two starters. Cornerback Cortez Allen, who was injured in the first half of the opener against Tennessee and missed the past two games, appears almost fully recovered from an ankle injury. Tomlin said he is "optimistic" that Allen will be able to play.
Tomlin said the same for rookie running back Le'Veon Bell, who injured his foot in the second preseason game at Washington and did not play in the first three regular-season games.
"He perked up dramatically at the end of last week," Tomlin said. "We'll let practice dictate his availability."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/tomlin-steelers-healthy-for-london-trip-704685/#ixzz2fpjsVbb1

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/tomlin-steelers-healthy-for-london-trip-704685/

Craic
09-24-2013, 01:16 PM
One more game, then the bye week. If we can get through it healthy, That means we actually will be entering the rest of the season without any more injury—especially the nagging ones that really hurt. It'd be nice, and a step in the right direction.

zulater
09-24-2013, 01:50 PM
One more game, then the bye week. If we can get through it healthy, That means we actually will be entering the rest of the season without any more injury—especially the nagging ones that really hurt. It'd be nice, and a step in the right direction.

Physical ones anyway. I'm not sure if the mental health of this team can be healed with time? My guess is the only way the Steelers rebound and have a decent rest of the seasons has to start with a win over the Vikings. Hope they're up to it?

Getting Allen and Bell back this week could be a huge boost though. So hopefully that will be the nudge we need to get things back on track. :pray:

fansince'76
09-24-2013, 02:51 PM
One more game, then the bye week.

Steelers vs. Bye Week? Early Vegas odds have the Bye Week favored by 3. :chuckle:

Craic
09-24-2013, 02:56 PM
Steelers vs. Bye Week? Early Vegas odds have the Bye Week favored by 3. :chuckle:

:buttkick: :chuckle:

tube517
09-24-2013, 03:18 PM

Bye week is undefeated and would win the turnover battle easily

Sent from my SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 4

steelreserve
09-24-2013, 04:55 PM

Our offense should probably put up about the same amount of points during the bye week ...

NJarhead
09-24-2013, 05:00 PM
Maybe I'm too much of a "glass-half-full" kind of man, and I have no tangible basis for saying this but, I think the Vikings are in serious trouble. I'm not merely saying that because we'll likely start Bell and Allen.

Though, I'm not necessarily on board with Tomlin's idea about going to London late. I would have left yesterday, but maybe 48 hours acclimation is enough. Who knows.

steeldawg
09-24-2013, 05:05 PM
I think we will beat the Vikings, I don't know why or can offer a good reason but I think we win.

Psycho Ward 86
09-24-2013, 06:10 PM
just box in adrian peterson and keep the ball away from harrison smith. and we have a chance

ALLD
09-24-2013, 06:50 PM
I remember reading in history class about how Napoleon was going to unleash hell on Wellington at the Battle of Waterloo.

tube517
09-24-2013, 07:05 PM
just box in adrian peterson and keep the ball away from harrison smith. and we have a chance

AP is ready to feast on Willie Gay and Robert Golden

Sent from my SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 4

NJarhead
09-25-2013, 08:56 AM
I remember reading in history class about how Napoleon was going to unleash hell on Wellington at the Battle of Waterloo.

Well hopefully, AP is Napoleon in this case.

HollywoodSteel
09-25-2013, 04:51 PM
Though, I'm not necessarily on board with Tomlin's idea about going to London late. I would have left yesterday, but maybe 48 hours acclimation is enough. Who knows.

I was thinking the same thing. If we lose I believe this will be a highly scrutinized decision after the fact, and for good reason. Not only is it a major time change adjustment, but the grass they have on the field is different (for some weird sport I hear they call soccer or some such) and we should be practicing on it. Then again, I'm not sure they allow the teams to actually practice at Wembley or how they would divide the time between the teams. But either way it seems like we should be practicing this week on a field with similar grass because running on it is different. Could affect timing patterns. But since Ben's timing with his receivers hasn't been all that hot anyway maybe slowing them down will keep Ben from overthrowing them. :)

steeldawg
09-25-2013, 07:56 PM
Ya Ya Tomlin if you drop to 0-4 don't bother coming back!

Steelerific
09-25-2013, 09:26 PM
Ya Ya Tomlin if you drop to 0-4 don't bother coming back!

Really? Fair weather friend, I see. As a Steeler fan you should know not to count this team out, ever. This may turn out to be an off season with all the growing pains they are experiencing but it doesn't change the ability of this coach or this team. They are at their best when they are struggling and behind. It's never too late for this team to leave a mark on many other teams, come end of the season.

NCSteeler
09-26-2013, 11:57 AM
I'm Go Steelers to the end, I'm the guy watching till the last whistle on a blowout lose on a late Monday night. To me this London game is billed the "Battle of Losers" 0-3 .vs 0-3. I think losing to an 0-3 squad could be devastating to the mental state of this Steeler's team and if they do fall 0-4 , it's time to see some young players, some changes something anything different. So I'm glad they are healthy, they need every man

steeldawg
09-26-2013, 04:05 PM
Really? Fair weather friend, I see. As a Steeler fan you should know not to count this team out, ever. This may turn out to be an off season with all the growing pains they are experiencing but it doesn't change the ability of this coach or this team. They are at their best when they are struggling and behind. It's never too late for this team to leave a mark on many other teams, come end of the season.

This team is not the same team, oh ya im counting them out If they drop to 0-4 with a loss to the Vikings its over. They are not very good and honestly even if they manage to beat a hapless Vikings team I still don't see how they are going to win the division.

Chin05
09-26-2013, 04:15 PM
Allen will be a plus...Bell is yet to be seen! Keep Ponder sowed to the carpet ..minimize the Peterson run.. keep Allen clear of Ben and Smith in check. Game over!
Wait!! forgot about Troy getting inside Ponder's head @ the snap counts though I don't want Troy going overboard or they will send Cassel out. By the way why isn't Cassel their starter :huh:..I suppose some would ask why isn't Bruce our starter.. nevermind just a brain fart! :wink02:

Craic
09-26-2013, 08:20 PM
This team is not the same team, oh ya im counting them out If they drop to 0-4 with a loss to the Vikings its over. They are not very good and honestly even if they manage to beat a hapless Vikings team I still don't see how they are going to win the division.

Wow. And you were probably clamouring for Cowher's firing at this point in his career as well, well before he actually won made it to the AFCCG twice in a row and won a SB. That's why I'd much rather trust the longevity of the Rooney way instead of the fickle "what have you done for me lately" mindset of the fans.

86WARD
09-26-2013, 10:35 PM
What about Redman and his concussion? Maybe he should stay here in the states.