PDA

View Full Version : 2 plays that proved costly

stillers4me
09-23-2013, 04:07 PM
One of the laments during the Steelers’ 0-2 start had been that but for a couple of plays here and there the results might have been different. That was still the case after the Steelers had fallen to 0-3 in the wake of a 40-23 loss to Chicago on Sunday night at Heinz Field.

And in retrospect, two such plays stand out........

read more @ http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/2-plays-that-proved-costly/14c804d8-ff2b-4ba5-91b2-e04c629b90c7

GoSlash27
09-23-2013, 04:43 PM
What about the play where Ben pump-faked into his own shoulder? That was kinda bad. :pop2:

zulater
09-25-2013, 06:28 PM
I'll give you some more plays that proved costly.

1. Bears first scoring drive, 2nd and 6 at midfield, Bears guard Matt Slauson grabs hold of Brett Keisel like he's his prom date. No call. I get that some calls are missed, but this was so egregious, it's hard to fathom how? 2nd and 16 at their own 40 probably changes the outcome of that drive.

2. Steelers 2nd possession, first down Ben throws 20ish yards downfield to triple covered Heath Miller. Running 5 yards underneath Heath on the right sideline is an uncovered Will Johnson. 3rd down Ben slightly overthrows Sanders who's behind the secondary on the left sideline. About 8 inches less on the pass and the Steelers have a touchdown here.

3. Ryan Clark misses tackle on Matt Forte 55 yard run that sets up Bears TD. This should have been a 5 yard run if Clark doesn't completely whiff on an easy tackle.

4. 3rd and 4 pass to Antonio Brown inside Bears 15, Ben throws a little wide, but Brown got two hands on the ball and should have made the catch and 1st down. Regardless of fault the Steelers missed out on a first and goal by a hair. Settle for fg instead.

5. Steelers finally get a touchdown and make it 24-10. Ensuing possession by Bears Jefferey Alshon catches a ball at his own 35 and fumbles the ball. The ball hits the ground hard but flat, and bounces right back to Alshon! :frusty:

This all took place in the first half. More later.