PDA

View Full Version : Steelers likely to reconstruct blocking style

stillers4me
09-19-2013, 07:08 AM
The Steelers have rushed for 75 yards in the first two games of the season, which is the same amount of yards "Fast" Willie Parker covered in the longest run in Super Bowl history in 2006. It has taken the current Steelers running backs 31 attempts to match the historic trip Parker took through the Seattle defense in Super Bowl XL.

If that's not enough to drive the point home about the Steelers' running woes then consider this: 34 players in the NFL this season have rushed for more yards than the entire Steelers team..........

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-likely-to-reconstruct-blocking-style-703879/#ixzz2fL7Yjweq

NJarhead
09-19-2013, 07:18 AM
Right tackle Marcus Gilbert said using the zone blocking more will help jump-start the running game because opposing teams understand how to stop the plays the Steelers have been running for years in their power- blocking scheme.

I kind of disagree with Marcus on this one. I recall opposing teams knowing when we were going to run it and sometimes where, but our line was so good they couldn't stop it. Our O-Line dared them to stop it. But hey, if he believes this change will work, then he has my support.

Buckinnuts
09-19-2013, 08:39 AM
Gilbert and adams are a joke...no matter what scheme they use them fat bastards will end up on their ass...they are just poor quality picks of a o line position...at my age of 52 and 2 heart stents and a smoker i could get by them!

HollywoodSteel
09-19-2013, 12:12 PM
I kind of disagree with Marcus on this one. I recall opposing teams knowing when we were going to run it and sometimes where, but our line was so good they couldn't stop it. Our O-Line dared them to stop it. But hey, if he believes this change will work, then he has my support.

Agree that it's kind of weird comment. It's like admitting you suck at straight up blocking without coming out and saying it directly. Of course opponents have figured it out. They just line up a defender against you, and when you fail to block that defender said defender tackles the ball-carrier. Man, I could be a defensive coordinator... As long as I'm going up against the Steelets O-line every week.

steelreserve
09-19-2013, 05:11 PM
Man. When Willie Parker is better than you, you KNOW you're messed up.