PDA

View Full Version : On the Steelers: Panic might be taking hold

stillers4me
09-19-2013, 06:56 AM
Just one player and one assistant coach remain with the Steelers from the previous time they opened the season with two losses, so maybe they do not know how to act.

That could explain why wide receiver Antonio Brown confronted offensive coordinator Todd Haley on the sideline in the second half Monday night in Cincinnati, demanding he call more passing plays his way.

It also could account for the comment made by one member of the Steelers, who described things being in "total panic mode."...........

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/panic-might-be-taking-hold-703877/#ixzz2fL4T919G

Steeldude
09-19-2013, 08:16 AM
This all falls on the HC.

Dwinsgames
09-19-2013, 08:34 AM
Just one player and one assistant coach remain with the Steelers from the previous time they opened the season with two losses, so maybe they do not know how to act.

That could explain why wide receiver Antonio Brown confronted offensive coordinator Todd Haley on the sideline in the second half Monday night in Cincinnati, demanding he call more passing plays his way.

It also could account for the comment made by one member of the Steelers, who described things being in "total panic mode."...........

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/panic-might-be-taking-hold-703877/#ixzz2fL4T919G

classic example of tales growing as time passes ... this is NOT what was originally stated ..... this sounds more confrontational and more T.O. like and based on History of Haley I think it is safe to say this is being blown out of proportion because if anyone was " demanding Haley " it would have been caught on camera because the disruption would have been bigger than life .....

someone is taking a ton of liberties with the pen here IMO

ALLD
09-19-2013, 08:47 AM
I know they are not going to the playoffs, but 0-3 will just about cinch it.

Moose
09-19-2013, 11:12 AM
I think it's great Ben called a meeting. Things definitely need to be talked over. Panic should set into this team, it's better now than later when it's too late. At least it shows that the player's care and want to change the direction it's going. I really don't think it's too late yet for the Steeler's this season. As I said before, I'm really not that impressed with the division. I know the bungholes are supposed to be the team this year, but I don't think the ginger head is a good enough QB to get the job done. If the player's can right this sinking ship, get their timing and routes together, everyone get on the same page, hold on to the ball, learn to run, then I think they still have a chance. But it's getting to be NOW or never, and I think that's what Ben is telling them at the meeting.

BnG_Hevn
09-19-2013, 11:39 AM
I think it's great Ben called a meeting. Things definitely need to be talked over. Panic should set into this team, it's better now than later when it's too late. At least it shows that the player's care and want to change the direction it's going. I really don't think it's too late yet for the Steeler's this season. As I said before, I'm really not that impressed with the division. I know the bungholes are supposed to be the team this year, but I don't think the ginger head is a good enough QB to get the job done. If the player's can right this sinking ship, get their timing and routes together, everyone get on the same page, hold on to the ball, learn to run, then I think they still have a chance. But it's getting to be NOW or never, and I think that's what Ben is telling them at the meeting.

You think?

Devilsdancefloor
09-19-2013, 11:40 AM
well i am glad they sat down, but dammit someone has to step up and make some noise!! sometimes you have to get angry as a leader to get those around you to listen!!