PDA

View Full Version : Look! Up in the sky! It's ... Heath?

zulater
09-19-2013, 05:32 AM
It's hard to imagine how the Steelers' offense could be any more of a mess.
They've scored two touchdowns through two losses, both on the only two drives that weren't orchestrated by the offensive coordinator. They rank 31st of the NFL's 32 teams in rushing, 31st in passing, 31st overall. They have half as many punts (14) as first downs (28). They have a running back with 12 yards on 10 carries, and, you betcha, Isaac Redman will top the depth chart this week, too.
Basically, this offense is a Tim Tebow protest away from being the Jaguars.
Appearances are even worse.

http://triblive.com/csp/mediapool/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?STREAMOID=yFadG clZwcRtm38VGReH6M$daE2N3K4ZzOUsqbU5sYvxVvxeKFGH72A D4OrUlQKyWCsjLu883Ygn4B49Lvm9bPe2QeMKQdVeZmXF$9l$4 uCZ8QDXhaHEp3rvzXRJFdy0KqPHLoMevcTLo3h8xh70Y6N_U_C ryOsw6FTOdKL_jpQ-&CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg

Ben Roethlisberger described himself as “frustrated” after the 20-10 loss Monday in Cincinnati, and Mike Tomlin later referred to Ben as “angry,” neither adjective all that healthy. Antonio Brown has been pouting for weeks — who knows why? — and now is barking about not getting the ball enough. Emmanuel Sanders has disintegrated from being the Patriots' summertime fling to the No. 1 candidate to get big money to a guy who couldn't find separation in divorce court.
And I'm not even touching Todd Haley and his playbook that looks as ambitious as … well, something scribbled onto a bar napkin in the wee hours of the night.
Want to know what this team needs?
How about an exceptionally well-time helping of Heath Miller?
I raised the possibility Wednesday with Roethlisberger, that his beloved tight end could return this weekend against the Bears, and he lit up brighter than those Paul Brown Stadium lights that allegedly were blinding his receivers.
“Well, he's the best tight end in the game. It would mean a lot,” Roethlisberger said. “He's a leader and a guy we depend on in both the run and pass game, so yeah, we hope he's able to come back.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/dejankovacevic/dejancolumns/4724898-74/miller-game-roethlisberger#ixzz2fKiY6fDB
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

- - - Updated - - -

Foremost, he'd take the place of a robustly ineffective David Paulson, the third-stringer thrust into the role after Matt Spaeth also was felled by injury. Paulson hasn't been any receiving threat, his fumble Monday might have been the game's pivotal point, and he can't block so much as a Twitter follower.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/dejankovacevic/dejancolumns/4724898-74/miller-game-roethlisberger#ixzz2fKjMflSx

:sofunny:

salamander
09-19-2013, 05:58 AM
Heeeaaattthhh! Can't wait to have to have you back on the field, big guy.

And on a side note, I don't think Spaeth is as bad and most people on here seem to want to think. He's definitely better that Paulson....but that's a whole ddifferent topic.

Dwinsgames
09-19-2013, 08:37 AM
Heeeaaattthhh! Can't wait to have to have you back on the field, big guy.

And on a side note, I don't think Spaeth is as bad and most people on here seem to want to think. He's definitely better that Paulson....but that's a whole ddifferent topic.

that is not saying much now is it ?

Moose
09-19-2013, 11:28 AM
Heath will no doubt is a needed player on this team at this point....but, I sure hope they don't rush him too soon and end up with a re-injure and lost for season.

Devilsdancefloor
09-19-2013, 11:32 AM
Heath is going to have to put on a cape to make tis team better, that being said i really thik they miss that guy that sits down in the middle of a zone. as far as spaeth goes he doesnt get the credit he is due toward the end of his first stint with the steelers he had turned into a pretty decent blocker

steel9guy
09-19-2013, 12:27 PM
Heath is a huge addition right now. We need him more than ever. That will finally open up some more passing opportunities for Ben since non of the current tight ends can catch or hold the football.

Wallace108
09-21-2013, 03:00 AM
Heath is going to have to put on a cape to make tis team better

http://i74.servimg.com/u/f74/16/35/84/16/superm10.jpg

zulater
09-21-2013, 07:30 AM
Tight end Heath Miller went through his third straight full day of practice Friday, but the Steelers will wait before making a final determination on his availability for Sunday's game against the Bears.
Miller is listed as probable, and taking part in practice Friday is a strong indication of a player's chances of playing.
“(Friday is the) last chance to see what you can do,” Miller said. “We will see how it reacts tomorrow and go from there.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/4740587-74/miller-steelers-sunday#ixzz2fWuIQy3v

Mojouw
09-21-2013, 08:49 AM
I don't see how this changes almost anything. Heath had the year he had last year because the o-line was finally blocking well enough to allow him to go out into pass patterns consistently and not play as a third tackle. This year the line is crap - again. That means Heath is back to being a third tackle. A third tackle coming off a major knee injury. I believe that Heath Miller is the most underrated tight end in the league, but I don't think he is going to make that much of a difference.

This team needs to threaten downfield so that the corners back off the line of scrimmage and safeties get moved out of the box. How does Heath help with that? The Steelers need to run the ball at least to the level of a decent Division II team. Heath may be able to help with that with seal blocks on the edge, but again, how does he perform/react after the knee injury?

I hope that Heath is able to return and resume playing at a high level. I fear that a combination of the final stages of his rehabilitation from injury and Todd Haley's failed offensive scheme(s) will conspire to make Miller's return a total non-issue.

Shoes
09-21-2013, 10:31 AM
No way would I play him. He doesn't need the burden of trying to be the team deliverer after a serious knee injury. Tomlin and Haley need more sweat time.

Moose
09-21-2013, 05:04 PM
I just hope it's not too early for his return. Another week or two, then the bye week ( 3 wks.) would make me feel alittle better. Guess I'll be holding my breath his first few receptions and hits. UGH.....more alcohol !!

Craic
09-21-2013, 06:12 PM
I just hope it's not too early for his return. Another week or two, then the bye week ( 3 wks.) would make me feel alittle better. Guess I'll be holding my breath his first few receptions and hits. UGH.....more alcohol !!

With the bye week coming soon, I agree. It's almost worth keeping him out until after, just to make sure.