PDA

View Full Version : Week 3 : Chicago Bears

XxKnightxX
09-17-2013, 11:47 AM
Well. Julius Peppers and the Bears D will have a feast on our O line, and Cutler has shredded us in the past. 0-3 here we go unless we pull a miracle of some sort with the pathetic play that we have shown.

zulater
09-17-2013, 11:52 AM
Hard to be optimistic, but Cutler has issues as well. Maybe they can get it turned around this week? :crossed:

Moose
09-17-2013, 12:30 PM
I'm going way, way, way out on a limb and say we win this game. I just can't believe we would go 0-3. I really don't think the AFC North is that good and if we could go 1-2 we may be able to fight ourselves back. UGH....what a situation to be in at the START of the football season. :(

dislocatedday
09-17-2013, 01:41 PM
My gut instinct says the Steelers will win this game somehow. It's at home and on Sunday night in prime time, and I think this team will come out and play with a sense of purpose. Cutler also takes some chances, and I think the defense will finally get a couple turnovers this week.

....of course, this could also just be wishful thinking on my part!

Bluecoat96
09-17-2013, 01:45 PM
Hard to be optimistic, but Cutler has issues as well. Maybe they can get it turned around this week? :crossed:

I think that our D has the potential to get inside Cutler's head a little. He can do some dumb things if he's pressured....we'll see what happens.

LLT
09-17-2013, 02:17 PM
When Cutler was drafted I went on record as saying that he would have a better career than Vince Young or Matt Leinhart, who were both drafted ahead of him. But...I also pointed out that Cutler is a "technical quaterback" and not a "creative quarterback". Cutler can place the ball on a dime in exactly 3.2 seconds if that's the play that was called.

But if the play falls apart....if he has to avoid a rush...if his receiver is jammed at the line of scrimmage...he is NOT good at thinking on his feet and making something out of nothing. Sooooo...if we are going to have a chance, we need to blitz him and jam his recievers. Once his head is on a swivel he is ripe for the picking.

steel striker
09-17-2013, 02:32 PM
Yeah it is hard for me to say the steelers can win this game because, anyone who knows me knows I always think the steelers can win any game. Again the offense has to produce and, the line must play better Ben included look he has not been horrible I mean look at Eli Manning 7 picks. We need the defense to make one big splash play and, maybe then we will have a chance.

steeldawg
09-17-2013, 06:40 PM
I don't like the chances for our offense against their defense

Shoes
09-17-2013, 08:05 PM
Anyone know Cutlers record against us? I seem to remember him doing well.

tube517
09-17-2013, 09:02 PM
Anyone know Cutlers record against us? I seem to remember him doing well.

2-0 with 105.6 QB rating.....never played in Pittsburgh

Shoes
09-17-2013, 09:09 PM
2-0 with 105.6 QB rating.....never played in Pittsburgh

Thanks.

Lambert_Loonie
09-18-2013, 12:30 AM
I know it's hard to be optimistic at this point, but I just don't think the Steelers are 0-3 bad and the Bears are 3-0 good. I think the Steelers win, but not because of any late game heroics but the Bears stubbing their toe.

salamander
09-18-2013, 10:29 AM
I'm gonna go WAY out on a limb here and say that we somehow manage to pull a win out of our asses this week, even against the Bears.

TheRuneMeister
09-18-2013, 10:58 AM
I think the interior line might match up well against the Bears. Looks like Fernando takes up some space. The tackles on the outside however...ouch. They should dress every lineman they can get their hands on and insert them as TE's and FB's.

ALLD
09-18-2013, 11:07 AM
We might slow up the Bears, but if we don't score more than 10 points we will lose due to the turnover ratio.

86WARD
09-18-2013, 11:39 AM
I'm gonna go WAY out on a limb here and say that we somehow manage to pull a win out of our asses this week, even against the Bears.

I could totally see them stepping up their game and beating the Bears Sunday Night.

steelreserve
09-18-2013, 12:24 PM
Call me crazy, but I'm not worried about this huge perceived mismatch with their defensive line. The Bengals were supposed to be the most fearsome run-stuffing, pressure-creating sack machine of all time last week, and we held our own. Sure, the running game sucked, but so do the running backs; we generally had enough time to get passes off and weren't in trouble too often. I'm more worried about their offense - every time we play the Bears, some tight end goes off on us for like 400 yards and 12 touchdowns on 80 catches on this crappy underneath stuff. If we can contain that, we have as good a shot as any at winning this game.

tube517
09-18-2013, 12:41 PM
I could totally see them stepping up their game and beating the Bears Sunday Night.

I could see a 5 game losing streak; an unleash hell comment and this board blowing up with Preachers ass kick smiley. : chuckle:

Sent from my SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 4

st33lersguy
09-18-2013, 09:20 PM
It's hard not to be concerned. Our putrid tackles going up against Julius Peppers? Our running backs against the Bears stop unit? Plus the Bears offense seems improved. I am concerned about this game