PDA

View Full Version : 3 Things the Steelers could realistically do this week that would make me happy

zulater
09-17-2013, 08:16 AM
1. Fire Haley today! (And please don't anyone try to make this a referendum on Bruce Arians. He's gone, he was fired, and that's all there is to that.)

But to the present. Would firing Haley be a knee jerk reaction? Possibly, but how could it make things worse? We're 32nd in offense on merit. That's the bottom folks. No getting any worse. Simplify the offense, we're not tricking anyone as it is, at least we might get to the point where all 11 players know what the hell they're doing on most of the plays. We don't do anything well as it is. Find a guy to Ben's liking and ride him through the rest of the season.

2. Cut Paulson. He can't block, and he has little value as a pass catcher. Scan the waiver wire and replace him with someone who belongs in the league.

3. Play the rookies! Announce Jones as the starter and keep him on the field for the majority of defensive plays. Bump Wheaton ahead of Cotchery on the depth chart as the 3rd receiver.

Feel free to comment on this or add your own suggestions. .

NJarhead
09-17-2013, 08:22 AM
I'm not sold on Haley one way or the other yet, so I wouldn't condone firing him yet.

I guess I could see Paulson getting axed. I think there may still be a FA or two available who are better.

Agree with Jones.

Cotchery had a bad night, but Ben did too (too many high throws). I think we need Cotchery our there. He's our possession guy (poor man's Hines Ward) IMO. But I would like to see more Wheaton. If anything, I'd have him split time in Sanders spot.

As far as firings? I think Jack Bicknell should be on the hot seat. I think we have some talent on the o-line, yet they suck. They need coaching.

I'm not anti-Foster, but I watched him pull to the right last night and do nothing but take up space. The LB he was supposed to block ran right past him and made the tackle in the back field.

zulater
09-17-2013, 08:27 AM
I'm not sold on Haley one way or the other yet, so I wouldn't condone firing him yet.

I guess I could see Paulson getting axed. I think there may still be a FA or two available who are better.

Agree with Jones.

Cotchery had a bad night, but Ben did too (too many high throws). I think we need Cotchery our there. He's our possession guy (poor man's Hines Ward) IMO. But I would like to see more Wheaton. If anything, I'd have him split time in Sanders spot.

As far as firings? I think Jack Bicknell should be on the hot seat. I think we have some talent on the o-line, yet they suck. They need coaching.

I'm not anti-Foster, but I watched him pull to the right last night and do nothing but take up space. The LB he was supposed to block ran right past him and made the tackle in the back field.

Their offensive line seems to be a rudderless ship. No one seems to know what they're supposed to be doing? Are they going to the zone blocking technique? Not seeing it. They seem to be implementing the space blocking technique instead, where offensive linemen stand and block space while defensive lineman fly by them! :doh:

NJarhead
09-17-2013, 08:30 AM
Their offensive line seems to be a rudderless ship. No one seems to know what they're supposed to be doing? Are they going to the zone blocking technique? Not seeing it. They seem to be implementing the space blocking technique instead, where offensive linemen stand and block space while defensive lineman fly by them! :doh:

haha. Well, if I was going to start with anything, I'd start there.

Special teams looked good. :wink02:

On another note: I watched BJGE run right between McLendon and V. Williams. They looked like a couple of saloon doors and that bothered the shit out of me.

TheRuneMeister
09-17-2013, 08:35 AM
1. Something is not working. The head coach should be able to point that out to the coordinator, and the coordinator should fix it based on the HC's suggestions. I don't think Haleys ideas are bad, but his play calling might very well be. We'll se what they do. A firing is certainly not in order yet. The fact is that the starting RB, number two RB, starting TE, potential number two TE, starting C are not on the field. He has a very tough job this year.

2. Don't. He did some bad things, but if you are expecting Miller back after the bye, you are simply wasting time getting someone else up to speed. Keep him, but call more runs and get an extra lineman in there for those plays instead.

3. Who cares about who gets called the starter. They are rookies...they are playing...what more can you ask? Jones will play alot...because...he is good. Wheaton will get playing time because he has loads of talent, but receiver is a sensitive position. Don't pin the entire offense on the hope that a rookie makes all the catches. He likely won't.

zulater
09-17-2013, 08:42 AM
By the way for those that think firing a coordinator in season is stupid and will make things worse. It seemed to work ok in Baltimore last season when Harbitch fired Cam Cameron shortly before the season ended. When your offense is ineffective and there appears to be conflict between your OC and QB you have to choose between the two to make things better.

ALLD
09-17-2013, 08:43 AM
Rookie WRs don't do anything their first year except maybe a few catches and KO returns.

zulater
09-17-2013, 08:44 AM
TheRuneMeister;395494]1. Something is not working. The head coach should be able to point that out to the coordinator, and the coordinator should fix it based on the HC's suggestions. I don't think Haleys ideas are bad, but his play calling might very well be. We'll se what they do. A firing is certainly not in order yet. The fact is that the starting RB, number two RB, starting TE, potential number two TE, starting C are not on the field. He has a very tough job this year.

This predates this season, the offense was worthless most of last last year even when Heath and Pouncey were healthy.

NJarhead
09-17-2013, 08:46 AM
This predates this season, the offense was worthless most of last last year even when Heath and Pouncey were healthy.

Running game still sucked (as did the o-line). We drafted a RB, but have yet to see him. Plus, last year the offense was learning Haley's offense.

zulater
09-17-2013, 08:50 AM
Running game still sucked (as did the o-line). We drafted a RB, but have yet to see him. Plus, last year the offense was learning Haley's offense.

Fuck learning things we don't know or do well and start focusing on what we possibly could do well and have done well in the past. Give the playbook to Ben and let him pick the plays he wants and throw out the rest. Less plays executed correctly beat's the hell out of a massive playbook where players keep ending up on separate pages and don't execute.

NJarhead
09-17-2013, 08:54 AM
Fuck learning things we don't know or do well and start focusing on what we possibly could do well and have done well in the past. Give the playbook to Ben and let him pick the plays he wants and throw out the rest. Less plays executed correctly beat's the hell out of a massive playbook where players keep ending up on separate pages and don't execute.

I think Haley did work with Ben on what he was most comfortable with. Remember, we're trying to get back to running the ball with a FB which we got away from after Arians. This year, I think the issue has more to do with talent at the RB position (hopefully solvable with Le'Veon Bell) and our OL. I think the OL needs solid coaching or perhaps zone blocking isn't for them.

zulater
09-17-2013, 08:59 AM
If it was announced in the next hour that Haley was fired would anyone really think this team suffered a major setback? Show of hands?

NJarhead
09-17-2013, 09:05 AM
If it was announced in the next hour that Haley was fired would anyone really think this team suffered a major setback? Show of hands?

Of course. The Ratbirds replaced Cam in house with a former OC and HC. What they did was unprecedented. More the exception to the rule rather than the rule.

Lambert_Loonie
09-17-2013, 09:09 AM
I won't call for Haley's job yet, but if the Steelers don't score 30 points at least once by week 6, then yeah, I'll demand Haley's head on a silver platter. Cutting Paulson would be a bit knee-jerk, the Steelers need all the depth at TE they can get until Heath comes back. And even then, there's no guarantee Heath will come back and immediately be playing at the level we're used to getting from him.

NCSteeler
09-17-2013, 09:17 AM
"realistically" were not firing anyone 2 games into the season.

They need to find a TE, should have been kicking tires, but I think the money is not there, even at vet min.

Haley would be on a short leash and the Oline coach needs to show improvement.

Gameday calls need to get MUCH better, been a problem way too long.

This team needs to seriously start considering contract situations for the coming year.

NJarhead
09-17-2013, 09:24 AM
"realistically" were not firing anyone 2 games into the season.

They need to find a TE, should have been kicking tires, but I think the money is not there, even at vet min.

Haley would be on a short leash and the Oline coach needs to show improvement.

Gameday calls need to get MUCH better, been a problem way too long.

This team needs to seriously start considering contract situations for the coming year.

I would have liked it if they brought Leonard Pope back. Kevin Boss would be a good fit as well, but not at this stage. Would have been a good player to bring into camp.

zulater
09-17-2013, 09:28 AM
I won't call for Haley's job yet, but if the Steelers don't score 30 points at least once by week 6, then yeah, I'll demand Haley's head on a silver platter. Cutting Paulson would be a bit knee-jerk, the Steelers need all the depth at TE they can get until Heath comes back. And even then, there's no guarantee Heath will come back and immediately be playing at the level we're used to getting from him.

Maybe two weeks in is too early? Or maybe not. My dad always told me that if you determine something needs to be done do it as soon as possible.

But for the sake of argument let's say two weeks in is too early to pull the plug on Haley. So when is the right time? I'd say improvement has to be evident by the week 4 bye. If we still haven't scored more than one offensive touchdown in any one game 4 games into the season ,( and I don't care what the injury situation is, all teams have injuries) , then the move has to be made. Or should be anyway.

NJarhead
09-17-2013, 09:38 AM
Maybe two weeks in is too early? Or maybe not. My dad always told me that if you determine something needs to be done do it as soon as possible.
But for the sake of argument let's say two weeks in is too early to pull the plug on Haley. So when is the right time? I'd say improvement has to be evident by the week 4 bye. If we still haven't scored more than one offensive touchdown in any one game 4 games into the season ,( and I don't care what the injury situation is, all teams have injuries) , then the move has to be made. Or should be anyway.

Sometimes that is applicable, but not here. The end of the season is the right time for that. Not everyone is sold on Haley being the root of all our problems or that his departure is the fix all.

86WARD
09-17-2013, 09:45 AM
Starts with Tomlin...and with the way the salary cap is messed up, it will be a while before things get back on track.

zulater
09-17-2013, 09:47 AM
Sometimes that is applicable, but not here. The end of the season is the right time for that. Not everyone is sold on Haley being the root of all our problems or that his departure is the fix all.

Why wait? You can't break what's already broken. but maybe you can fix it before it's too late?

NJarhead
09-17-2013, 09:52 AM
Why wait? You can't break what's already broken. but maybe you can fix it before it's too late?

Again, you and a handful of others are convinced of the problem. Some of us, including within the Steelers FO, are not. At least not yet. Firing Haley right now will accomplish nothing. Or at least, I'm not aware of anyone behind him who is guaranteed to pick up the offense and get it turned around. If you're talking about bringing in a coach off the street during the season, then you're giving up on the season after 2 weeks and that's just silly to me.

zulater
09-17-2013, 09:53 AM
Again, you and a handful of others are convinced of the problem. Some of us, including within the Steelers FO, are not. At least not yet. Firing Haley right now will accomplish nothing. Or at least, I'm not aware of anyone behind him who is guaranteed to pick up the offense and get it turned around. If you're talking about bringing in a coach off the street during the season, then you're giving up on the season after 2 weeks and that's just silly to me.

4 games in and we still haven't scored more than one offensive TD in any one game and we're sitting at 0-4, you still think the status quo is worth maintaining?

NJarhead
09-17-2013, 09:56 AM
4 games in and we still haven't scored more than one offensive TD in any one game and we're sitting at 0-4, you still think the status quo is worth maintaining?

Talk to me if that happens. No point in speculating on something that I can't recall happening in my lifetime.

Nadroj 20
09-17-2013, 10:07 AM
We can't move the ball and some play calling sucks. I don't know if it's all Haley or if Ben changes stuff at the line, but I do know if it's 3rd and 6, instead of throwing the ball 20 yards down field, running a 6 or 7 yard route to get the first down is a decent move...

The only problem is I have no idea who we should hire to replace Haley if we did show him the door.

zulater
09-17-2013, 10:08 AM
Talk to me if that happens. No point in speculating on something that I can't recall happening in my lifetime.

Stay tuned, because I think it's a distinct possibility. I hope it doesn't work out that way, but I'm to the point that I think it's the most likely scenario. Put it this way, if you gave me 500 hypothetical dollars and asked me if the Steelers will have a breakout week offensively in the next two games; I'm betting no.

NCSteeler
09-17-2013, 10:10 AM
a fine comment on PFT........
To put it in perspective in week one the Bengals gave up 24 to the Bears and in week two the Titans gave up 30 to the Texans.

This offense sucks, there was a time when Ben could will them down the field. Those days are gone for some reason.

zulater
09-17-2013, 10:14 AM
We can't move the ball and some play calling sucks. I don't know if it's all Haley or if Ben changes stuff at the line, but I do know if it's 3rd and 6, instead of throwing the ball 20 yards down field, running a 6 or 7 yard route to get the first down is a decent move...

The only problem is I have no idea who we should hire to replace Haley if we did show him the door.

I don't know? Promote from within if you have to. Just make it Ben's offense for the rest of the season and sink or swim with the results.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way for all you Whisenhunt haters. Two games in as the Chargers OC and they're lighting up the scoreboard to the tune of 30 points per game.

NJarhead
09-17-2013, 10:19 AM
I don't know? Promote from within if you have to. Just make it Ben's offense for the rest of the season and sink or swim with the results.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way for all you Whisenhunt haters. Two games in as the Chargers OC and they're lighting up the scoreboard to the tune of 30 points per game.

Who hates Whiz??? Always liked him as our OC. Apparently though, he wasn't HC material.

NCSteeler
09-17-2013, 10:19 AM

- - - Updated - - -

He's lighting it up with nobodys at WR. I never want Whiz as our HC but I loved him as OC

steelerdude15
09-17-2013, 10:54 AM
I don't see the Steelers firing Haley any time soon. Its not like them to fire a coordinator during the season. The playcalling hasn't exactly been great and has been suspect at times. So here is what I would do:

1) Ditch the run game: They might as well just stop trying because as you can see in the past two games, running the ball hasn't worked at all. The offensive line is not doing a good job in run protection and this is evident by how the backs are being stopped around or behind the line of scrimmage. The backs have nowhere to go and it all starts up front. If I had to make a decision, I would have Felix start at running back. He seems to be the best one as of right now.

2) Put the ball/game in Ben's hands: Lets air it out since the running game has failed so far. I mean, he's a $100 million dollar quarterback and is the best player on this team. Why not give him the ball and let him do what he does best. I think we can agree with what he can do (no huddle, extending plays, etc.). I feel that if we threw the ball more, we'd have a better chance at winning since we can actually move the ball when we throw. I think we could do more damage by letting Ben be Ben.

3) Stop the rotating of players: I think it needs to stop and there are certain players who need to start and not sit out. Jarvis Jones has done a better job than Jason has all year by making splash plays, covering his man in pass protection better, and putting more pressure on the quarterback. I would like to see Cam Heyward start in place of Ziggy. Ziggy once again is doing nothing to help the team and Cam had a good night last night. He can actually get in the backfield and put pressure on the quarterback, something we never see from Ziggy. I have feeling we'd see better defensive play from the the d-line if that happened and we stopped rotating the three linemen.

4) Give Wheaton a shot: Why not? If the team raved about him so much during the preseason, why not play him? If he's close to Mike Wallace speed, why not use him and try to get the home run ball we're used to seeing and stretch out the field with him? He looks to be a fundamentally sound player who could help in the passing game for a few different reasons. He has speed, he can run good routes, and has good hands. So... use him.

5) Start David at tight end: Paulson can catch and is athletic, but he simply can't block. This is extremely evident and all you have to do is focus on him and see that someone is either getting by him or he's being blown up. Look at the screens where the receiver gets hit and then Paulson who is supposed to be there comes running by after the play is over. David Johnson can block and can also catch. I think he could help make a difference in blocking if he starts.

Dwinsgames
09-17-2013, 11:43 AM
the ONE THING , I would change is this ...

doing the same son of a bitchin things over and over and expecting different results ....

in other words

NO MORE bubble screens to the slot man ........

NO MORE Redman ......

NO MORE End around's ( esp to the slowest WRs on the team )

NO MORE Paulson blocking because he can't so why ask him to do things he can not do ( square peg round fucking hole )

NO MORE PAULSON at all would be even better !

NO MORE Sanders as a starter put his ass back in the slot and let him play out the year and move on ( signing him was an exercise in stupidity and I said as much when it happened ) Aaron Dobson could be on our roster in his place ( that is who the Pats took with the pick that would have been ours )

I know this is more than 1 but really it isn't ... its the same stupid shit over and over and over again and they continue to expect different results

zulater
09-17-2013, 11:54 AM

doing the same son of a bitchin things over and over and expecting different results ....

in other words

NO MORE Redman ......

NO MORE Paulson blocking because he can't so why ask him to do things he can not do ( square peg round fucking hole )

NO MORE Sanders as a starter put his ass back in the slot and let him play out the year and move on ( signing him was an exercise in stupidity and I said as much when it happened ) Aaron Dobson could be on our roster in his place ( that is who the Pats took with the pick that would have been ours )

I know this is more than 1 but really it isn't ... its the same stupid shit over and over and over again and they continue to expect different results

Good post.

dislocatedday
09-17-2013, 12:20 PM
I don't see the Steelers firing Haley any time soon. Its not like them to fire a coordinator during the season. The playcalling hasn't exactly been great and has been suspect at times. So here is what I would do:

1) Ditch the run game: They might as well just stop trying because as you can see in the past two games, running the ball hasn't worked at all. The offensive line is not doing a good job in run protection and this is evident by how the backs are being stopped around or behind the line of scrimmage. The backs have nowhere to go and it all starts up front. If I had to make a decision, I would have Felix start at running back. He seems to be the best one as of right now.

2) Put the ball/game in Ben's hands: Lets air it out since the running game has failed so far. I mean, he's a $100 million dollar quarterback and is the best player on this team. Why not give him the ball and let him do what he does best. I think we can agree with what he can do (no huddle, extending plays, etc.). I feel that if we threw the ball more, we'd have a better chance at winning since we can actually move the ball when we throw. I think we could do more damage by letting Ben be Ben.

3) Stop the rotating of players: I think it needs to stop and there are certain players who need to start and not sit out. Jarvis Jones has done a better job than Jason has all year by making splash plays, covering his man in pass protection better, and putting more pressure on the quarterback. I would like to see Cam Heyward start in place of Ziggy. Ziggy once again is doing nothing to help the team and Cam had a good night last night. He can actually get in the backfield and put pressure on the quarterback, something we never see from Ziggy. I have feeling we'd see better defensive play from the the d-line if that happened and we stopped rotating the three linemen.

4) Give Wheaton a shot: Why not? If the team raved about him so much during the preseason, why not play him? If he's close to Mike Wallace speed, why not use him and try to get the home run ball we're used to seeing and stretch out the field with him? He looks to be a fundamentally sound player who could help in the passing game for a few different reasons. He has speed, he can run good routes, and has good hands. So... use him.

5) Start David at tight end: Paulson can catch and is athletic, but he simply can't block. This is extremely evident and all you have to do is focus on him and see that someone is either getting by him or he's being blown up. Look at the screens where the receiver gets hit and then Paulson who is supposed to be there comes running by after the play is over. David Johnson can block and can also catch. I think he could help make a difference in blocking if he starts.

Your suggestions pretty much match my thoughts, so I think you did a good job in proposing suggested changes. The team needs to make some concrete changes to attempt to improve things. The futility on offense is a bad trend going back to the last third of last season.

tube517
09-17-2013, 12:33 PM
He's lighting it up with nobodys at WR. I never want Whiz as our HC but I loved him as OC

He did that with Cedrick Wilson as a WR during the playoffs

Sent from my SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 4

tube517
09-17-2013, 12:37 PM

The fake return to the run game was at Art Rooney II's request. I'd rather see Haley go pass first but the WRs just aren't getting it done. No Heath doesn't help. Cotchery is old

NJarhead
09-17-2013, 12:46 PM
The fake return to the run game was at Art Rooney II's request. I'd rather see Haley go pass first but the WRs just aren't getting it done. No Heath doesn't help. Cotchery is old

I'm sure this will be his last year. To be honest though, I'm a little surprised at his struggles. He's a possession guy and usually catches it and takes the hit. Ben did throw some pretty high passes last night as well.

steelerdude15
09-17-2013, 12:52 PM

Yeah, I know that Art wanted to run the ball more. You know, I wonder how much the new receiving coach has to do with this. Now, I'm not calling him out or saying anything negative about him, but we have a new coach with new emphasis on things and I wonder if the receivers are simply transitioning their game and that is causing them to be off. Just food for thought.

LLT
09-17-2013, 01:49 PM
1. Fire Haley today! (And please don't anyone try to make this a referendum on Bruce Arians. He's gone, he was fired, and that's all there is to that.)

But to the present. Would firing Haley be a knee jerk reaction? Possibly, but how could it make things worse? We're 32nd in offense on merit. That's the bottom folks. No getting any worse. Simplify the offense, we're not tricking anyone as it is, at least we might get to the point where all 11 players know what the hell they're doing on most of the plays. We don't do anything well as it is. Find a guy to Ben's liking and ride him through the rest of the season.

2. Cut Paulson. He can't block, and he has little value as a pass catcher. Scan the waiver wire and replace him with someone who belongs in the league.

3. Play the rookies! Announce Jones as the starter and keep him on the field for the majority of defensive plays. Bump Wheaton ahead of Cotchery on the depth chart as the 3rd receiver.

1) Go to a pass first offense (like everyone else in the league)
2) Bench William Gay (He cant cover and is a VERY poor and timid tackler)
3) More playing time for Heyward and Jones (Might even look into trying Carter or Worilds as an ILB)

NJarhead
09-17-2013, 01:51 PM
1) Go to a pass first offense (like everyone else in the league)
2) Bench William Gay (He cant cover and is a VERY poor and timid tackler)
3) More playing time for Heyward and Jones (Might even look into trying Carter or Worilds as an ILB)

I always thought he'd make a decent safety. As long as he didn't have to turn his back on the QB as much.

steel9guy
09-17-2013, 01:52 PM
Everything will be fine if Heath steps out of a phone booth with a cape on.

steel striker
09-17-2013, 02:39 PM
I have been saying let wheaton play and, let's face it the running game is not going to be any good this year. Let Ben be Ben the offense they are trying to run will not work unless the pass protection is better. I hope Heath can come back healthy and, be the difference maker.

SteelerFanInStl
09-17-2013, 06:13 PM

in other words

NO MORE Redman ......

Yep. And the same tough talk from Tomlin after every disgusting loss with no changes happening. I'm just tired of it.

Master Blaster
09-18-2013, 07:29 AM

We disagree on Haley.
* Once the season is over do not hesitate to cut Paulson, Redman, Cotchery, Felix Jones and Dwyer in the off season. That's right. I said, cut Dwyer. If any of you Dwyer appologists have a problem with that then I say you obviously are willing to accept mediocrity as the standard for this team. Bell aside, there is absolutely no reason to keep any of these backs on the roster. LeRod Stephens-Howling showed the most promise before getting hurt. He's the only running back, from their current group of mediocre misfits, that I would bring back to back up Bell. I would then either draft a RB in the later rounds next year or search for the right free agent to fit Haley's scheme.

Nadroj 20
09-18-2013, 08:02 AM
We disagree on Haley.
* Once the season is over do not hesitate to cut Paulson, Redman, Cotchery, Felix Jones and Dwyer in the off season. That's right. I said, cut Dwyer. If any of you Dwyer appologists have a problem with that then I say you obviously are willing to accept mediocrity as the standard for this team. Bell aside, there is absolutely no reason to keep any of these backs on the roster. LeRod Stephens-Howling showed the most promise before getting hurt. He's the only running back, from their current group of mediocre misfits, that I would bring back to back up Bell. I would then either draft a RB in the later rounds next year or search for the right free agent to fit Haley's scheme.

Not accepting mediocrity. Accepting what we have. I for one was upset when we cut Dwyer the first time because at the time, I felt he was one of our better options. Not that he was a great back, just one of OUR better options.

Our running backs as a whole are mediocre at best.

Master Blaster
09-18-2013, 02:47 PM

in other words

NO MORE Redman ......

Having Sanders designated as the #1 receiver when he has never shown signs of being one was wishful thinking, at best.

Paulson is a complete waste of a roster spot.

No more Redman is a given. He's another complete waste of a roster spot. He's injured more than he isn't. He gets injured tripping over his own shadow.

KeiselPower99
09-18-2013, 03:52 PM

1. How is getting rid of Haley gonna fix anything? It worked out well when we fired Arians didnt it? And who would we replace him with?
2. Paulson isnt a starter in the NFL. Far from it. Thats why we brought back Spaeth. Paulson is a good 3rd TE and special teamer.
3. Jones is the starter now. As for Wheaton I havent seen enough of him to say he deserves to be ahead of Cotchery. Ive seen Cotch make more plays so far than Brown and Sanders.

ALLD
09-18-2013, 04:45 PM
We need to unleash hell in September!

zulater
09-18-2013, 05:50 PM
1. How is getting rid of Haley gonna fix anything? It worked out well when we fired Arians didnt it? And who would we replace him with?
2. Paulson isnt a starter in the NFL. Far from it. Thats why we brought back Spaeth. Paulson is a good 3rd TE and special teamer.
3. Jones is the starter now. As for Wheaton I havent seen enough of him to say he deserves to be ahead of Cotchery. Ive seen Cotch make more plays so far than Brown and Sanders.

The Ravens fired OC Cam Cameron in December because he didn't jive with the qb. They replaced him in house. The important thing is they got rid of a coach who didn't mesh with the starting qb.

KeiselPower99
09-18-2013, 07:13 PM
Who would we replace him with?

steeldawg
09-18-2013, 07:15 PM

I will take the job.

zulater
09-18-2013, 07:38 PM

If Tomlin feels like he has to do this in season, which I think is a distinct possibility, my guess would be RB coach Kirby Wilson would get the job on an interim basis with a chance to ake the job his own if he and Ben hit it off and put the offense on the right track.

tube517
09-18-2013, 09:55 PM
If Tomlin feels like he has to do this in season, which I think is a distinct possibility, my guess would be RB coach Kirby Wilson would get the job on an interim basis with a chance to ake the job his own if he and Ben hit it off and put the offense on the right track.

Reports were Kirby was the frontrunner before his being hospitalized