PDA

View Full Version : What 0 - 2 Means

Seven
09-17-2013, 02:15 AM
Nothing. Over the last 25 years the Steelers have started a season 0 - 2 four times. Each of those four times they finished the season with a winning record. Tonight wasn't a must win by any means.

Steeldude
09-17-2013, 05:34 AM
No, but the reason they are losing is the problem. The O-line is really bad.

venom
09-17-2013, 05:40 AM
They have no offense whatsoever - its sad

zulater
09-17-2013, 05:56 AM
No, but the reason they are losing is the problem. The O-line is really bad.

And the running backs are awful, and the receivers are mediocre, there is no tight end, and the offensive coaching staff is clueless. Oh yeah coach soundbite (Tomlin) does nothing to change the tide. And the defense while ok doesn't make plays that switch momentum back to the offense, I>E> sacks and turnovers. All in all this is a bad team talent wise and the coaching doesn't seem to be any better than the talent.

GoSlash27
09-17-2013, 06:21 AM
I wouldn't go so far as zu, but we do need to acknowledge that the Steelers are not a good football team right now.
The offense overall sucks and the defense, while pretty decent, isn't making the game- changing plays.

I'm not in an 'apocalypse' frame of mind, though. The O line looked better this week than last and I expect them to continue improving. And Heath will be coming back soon. I expect the second half of the season to look a whole lot different.

salamander
09-17-2013, 06:48 AM
It means that we have A LOT to work on.

Dwinsgames
09-17-2013, 06:57 AM
when you are 0-2 and played like complete shit TWICE , prospects of being better are grim at best ....

when the combined record of the two teams you lost to is 2-2 ( all their wins came from YOU ) it looks even worse ......

and when you are dead last in total offence on top of that its even worse ....

time of possession battle lost in dramatic fashion 36 min against us in week 1 and 35+ in week 2 ... def on field far to much because we can not do anything on O