PDA

View Full Version : The Bottom line is this !

katmandu
09-16-2013, 11:04 PM
Way too many injuries to significant players and lack of depth have KILLED us since late last season!

People are not giving enough credence to how many significant players are OUT right now ! Plus the DEPTH just is not there like it used to be!

60_MINUTES
09-16-2013, 11:10 PM
The depth is not there because of what your head coache has put on the team. We have lost 11 of last 13 games. Mike Tomlin is pathetic period

Dwinsgames
09-16-2013, 11:10 PM
Way too many injuries to significant players and lack of depth have KILLED us since late last season!

People are not giving enough credence to how many significant players are OUT right now ! Plus the DEPTH just is not there like it used to be!

sorry ...

that does not wash with me ...

a team is constructed every season and they knew the most significant issue before the draft , before the FA signing period , before the season started and they chose to do NOTHING in those area to help off set the problems ...

sure they signed Spaeth big friggen deal ( he sucked before , still sucks and now he is hurt and sucks ) on Matt Spaeths best day he couldnt carry Millers Jock and everybody in the free world knows this but that was their answer for the Miller injury ........

can not blame injury or lack of depth ... you create your own depth via the draft and FA ... we failed and have been failing in this area ....

Blame Colbert , Blame Tomlin , blame them both , both of their hands are all over this blueprint

katmandu
09-16-2013, 11:16 PM
sorry ...

that does not wash with me ...

a team is constructed every season and they knew the most significant issue before the draft , before the FA signing period , before the season started and they chose to do NOTHING in those area to help off set the problems ...

sure they signed Spaeth big friggen deal ( he sucked before , still sucks and now he is hurt and sucks ) on Matt Spaeths best day he couldnt carry Millers Jock and everybody in the free world knows this but that was their answer for the Miller injury ........

can not blame injury or lack of depth ... you create your own depth via the draft and FA ... we failed and have been failing in this area ....

Blame Colbert , Blame Tomlin , blame them both , both of their hands are all over this blueprintCan't leave Omar out of this equation either.

Having out backs up against the Salary Cap severely limited any good quality Free Agent signings!

katmandu
09-16-2013, 11:22 PM

Heath Miller, Marcius Pouncey, Larry Foote, LeVon Bell, Cortez Allen, Stephens-Howling, Plaxico, Speath

Steeldude
09-17-2013, 05:33 AM

Heath Miller, Marcus Pouncey, Larry Foote, Bell, Cortez Allen, Stephens-Howling, Burress and Spathe aren't going to help.

Pouncey? Velasco looks better than Pouncey of late.
Bell? His injury is irrelevant.
Foote? It makes no difference.
Allen? I believe that hurts some, but he doesn't play on the O-line.
Howling? Give me a break.
Spathe? Are you serious?
Burress? What has he done? He was overrated when he was first here.
Miller? Yes, that hurts, but he isn't the answer to the major problem(O-line).

GBMelBlount
09-17-2013, 07:02 AM
It is hard to field a solid team of starters and backups when most of your payroll is tied up in only 10 players.

Dwinsgames
09-17-2013, 07:29 AM
It is hard to field a solid team of starters and backups when most of your payroll is tied up in only 10 players.

yea just like the Colts in the Manning days , problem is most of ours in on Def and they are not making splash plays that change outcomes of games Like Peyton does ...so we are the anti colts and instead of 12-4 we could go 4-12 the formula we are currently playing under is not working in todays NFL where the rules are slanted in favor of the Offense unless you can manage to create turnovers in bunches and we can not / have not / probably will not

zulater
09-17-2013, 11:04 AM

Somehow other teams manage.

zulater
09-17-2013, 11:20 AM
Bottom line to me is this. I don't think there are any quick fixes for this team. But worse that, those than that got us to this point don't seem to understand the full extent of the problem. So how can they be trusted to fix it?

If Tomlin came into the press conference tomorrow and said he misgauged this team's shortcomings and reevaluations were taking place, I would stand up and applaud. The first step to fixing a problem is full acknowledgement. When we get to that point I'll stop complaining and put my fan hat back in place.

NJarhead
09-17-2013, 11:29 AM
Bottom line to me is this. I don't think there are any quick fixes for this team. But worse that, those than that got us to this point don't seem to understand the full extent of the problem. So how can they be trusted to fix it?

If Tomlin came into the press conference tomorrow and said he misgauged this team's shortcomings and reevaluations were taking place, I would stand up and applaud. The first step to fixing a problem is full acknowledgement. When we get to that point I'll stop complaining and put my fan hat back in place.

No coach has ever or will ever say that publicly. At least not at the time it's happening; maybe a few years down the road.

katmandu
09-17-2013, 11:29 AM
@zulater....Yes, and those teams are not in the top half of the Win column either.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

zulater
09-17-2013, 11:36 AM
No coach has ever or will ever say that publicly. At least not at the time it's happening; maybe a few years down the road.

I get your point. At the same token I have this mental imagery of Tomlin in a fire chief's uniform standing in front of a burning building, dripping gas can in hand, saying "We've got this thing under control, nothing to see here folks.":chuckle:

Seriously I guess all we can do at this point is hope they have a good week of practice and can be good enough to beat the Bears come Sunday.:crossed: