PDA

View Full Version : here come the knee jerk reactions

Dwinsgames
09-16-2013, 10:58 PM
and MANY of them will be spot on ....

this team sucks nobody is on the same page , philosophy does not match the personnel creating a massive square peg round hole issue with the entire offense ,,,

no sustained drives equates to a tired Def that can not make the necessary stops late in games when it matters .....

mismanagement of players Jarvis Jones comes off the field for Worilds to come in and we get nothing in terms of pressure the entire time he is in the game and they move the ball all over us ...

Redman plays ??? are you freaking serious ????

there is so much wrong with this team I could go on all night .... but I won't its not worth my time

Edman
09-16-2013, 10:59 PM
Is it a knee-jerk reaction to admit this team sucks?

I'd call it the truth.

JayC
09-16-2013, 11:02 PM
i liked when tomlin said we had a good first half when we only had one good drive

talk about low expectations

Dwinsgames
09-16-2013, 11:02 PM
Is it a knee-jerk reaction to admit this team sucks?

I'd call it the truth.

so would I , however many will claim it is knee jerk , and others will say its conjecture ...

for me 0-2 speaks for itself

JayC
09-16-2013, 11:04 PM
we will finish 17-2 and all will be well in the world

Seven
09-16-2013, 11:06 PM
When this team turns it around, I will be resurrecting all of these threads. You will all be cheering them on and denying you ever had any doubts in a few weeks.

60_MINUTES
09-16-2013, 11:07 PM

this team sucks nobody is on the same page , philosophy does not match the personnel creating a massive square peg round hole issue with the entire offense ,,,

no sustained drives equates to a tired Def that can not make the necessary stops late in games when it matters .....

mismanagement of players Jarvis Jones comes off the field for Worilds to come in and we get nothing in terms of pressure the entire time he is in the game and they move the ball all over us ...

there is so much wrong with this team I could go on all night .... but I won't its not worth my time

its not a knee jerk reaction when u lose 11 of the last 13. This is the team Tomlin has out on the field , we won't win again until someone else comes to take this team. Tomlin is nothing more than. One hell of a car salesmen. His bullshit mouth has got him were he's at. Not coaching.

Time to unleash hell mike

HollywoodSteel
09-16-2013, 11:08 PM
so would I , however many will claim it is knee jerk , and others will say its conjecture ...

for me 0-2 speaks for itself

No, we're just spoiled. The smug "knowledgable" fans know better. Why, the really smart ones are just counting the seconds for the "fire Tomlin" and "fire Haley" threads. :)

steeldawg
09-16-2013, 11:09 PM
I don't think it's kneejerk at all, worst performance of any team I've watched this season and I watched the Jacksonville game this week.

Shoes
09-16-2013, 11:09 PM
When this team turns it around, I will be resurrecting all of these threads. You will all be cheering them on and denying you ever had any doubts in a few weeks.

That won't be this year my friend..

HollywoodSteel
09-16-2013, 11:11 PM
At least the infighting on the boards will be worth watching, unlike this football team. :)

jb500ex
09-16-2013, 11:13 PM

Sorry but jj sucked he got blown out of the play all night he's not starting caliber. Worlds sucks also were in trouble at olb anyone who says jones was good has no clue.

Dwinsgames
09-16-2013, 11:15 PM

I don't run from anything I say ... this team is in dire straights my friend mark it down

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry but jj sucked he got blown out of the play all night he's not starting caliber. Worlds sucks also were in trouble at olb anyone who says jones was good has no clue.

you are the same one who thought he was a wasted pick we had this conversation already ....

I know what I see ... I question if you do however , thus nothing has changed

HollywoodSteel
09-16-2013, 11:20 PM

If this team turns it around, of course we will all be cheering. I will be the first idiot to get sucked back in to the false hope. I always do. Then the merciless football gods will laugh hysterically as they crush those hopes with a boot on my naive and vulnerable throat.

But seriously, we all hope they turn it around. I actually think they aren't talentless like the Raiders or Jaguars witch makes it all the more painful to watch them underperform. And to me the fact that they could win with this team puts the responsibility even more squarely on the coaches' shoulders.

But I really doubt anyone here will deny posting anything they posted. Hell, I'm willing to cop for all my stupid posts and everyone else's if it will mean that we turn it around and actually become a contender.

SteelerFanInStl
09-16-2013, 11:28 PM
That won't be this year my friend..

I agree. With as messed up as this team is right now, I'm guessing 3-4 years.

steel9guy
09-16-2013, 11:29 PM
They are horrible. Even if they turn it around how in the world can you deny that they weren't horrible in the first two games? I'm not saying that because I hate the team. I like many others would love for this team to turn it around and eat my words.

60_MINUTES
09-16-2013, 11:38 PM
I agree. With as messed up as this team is right now, I'm guessing 3-4 years.

And who's shoulders does that fall on ? Mike Tomlin for sure he's set this team back for years. And what's sad he has a pro bowl QB with a number one D. How u manage to lose with that is beyond me

Mach1
09-16-2013, 11:43 PM

It's hard to get any worse when your ranked 32nd in offense.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&offensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=TM&season=2013&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

Thats right, worse than the jags and the browns.

st33lersguy
09-17-2013, 12:28 AM
No running game, no o-line, horrible playcalling, a defense that got pushed around, and of course horrible coaching headed by a bumbling buffoon who can't manage personnel and has allowed this team to be massive underachievers. This team will be trying to edge the Browns for 3rd place in the division

zulater
09-17-2013, 11:56 AM
They are horrible. Even if they turn it around how in the world can you deny that they weren't horrible in the first two games? I'm not saying that because I hate the team. I like many others would love for this team to turn it around and eat my words.

Ditto.

NJarhead
09-17-2013, 12:09 PM
here come the knee jerk reactions
Yep.

dislocatedday
09-17-2013, 12:36 PM
I would not classify all the "ranting" posts as knee-jerk reactions. There are legitimate concerns, and I think most people just want to see the coaching staff attempt to improve things on game day at this point. A knee-jerk reaction is something that occurs based on isolated incidents or failures. What I have seen from this team (the offense in particular) is a trend of failure going back to the last few games from last season, continued through preseason this year, and is still ongoing two games into this year.

I know statistics do not tell everything, but even Jacksonville and the Raiders are ranked higher in offensive statistics than the Steelers so far. If that does not send up smoke signals I don't know what does.

zulater
09-17-2013, 12:41 PM
I would not classify all the "ranting" posts as knee-jerk reactions. There are legitimate concerns, and I think most people just want to see the coaching staff attempt to improve things on game day at this point. A knee-jerk reaction is something that occurs based on isolated incidents or failures. What I have seen from this team (the offense in particular) is a trend of failure going back to the last few games from last season, continued through preseason this year, and is still ongoing two games into this year.

I know statistics do not tell everything, but even Jacksonville and the Raiders are ranked higher in offensive statistics than the Steelers so far. If that does not send up smoke signals I don't know what does.

Amen.

Master Blaster
09-18-2013, 02:57 PM
i liked when tomlin said we had a good first half when we only had one good drive

talk about low expectations
Apparently Stevie Wonder was mistaken for Tomlin.

- - - Updated - - -

Sane and sensible retorts are welcomed, any time.

Craic
09-18-2013, 03:01 PM
No, we're just spoiled. The smug "knowledgable" fans know better. Why, the really smart ones are just counting the seconds for the "fire Tomlin" and "fire Haley" threads. :)

No, the really smart ones have a betting pool going for when the first "fire Tomlin" and "fire Haley" threads will show up every year. Since there's no betting pool, that shows the overall intelligence of this board, my self as the exemplar of stupidity! :wink02:

- - - Updated - - -

IMO, you're right, and wrong. I think there are many people, who, as soon as this team loses, no matter the overall situation, start demanding heads on a platter.

Then, there are those with legitimate concerns who see patterns and question them.

The first is knee-jerk, the second isn't.