PDA

View Full Version : The Steelers and Pirates switch places.

Edman
09-16-2013, 10:46 PM
The Pirates are contending, and from the looks of it, with that young nucleus, may be good for a long time.

The Steelers have regressed into a bad team, and from the looks of it, may not be good again for a while. It's looking more like the Tebow Debacle was the end of an era.

Seven
09-16-2013, 10:50 PM
Overreaction thread #2 has been created. I don't get it. For the last three years I've heard our fans complain that we were too old. We begin the transition of a youth movement, particularly on offense, and now the same fans who said we were too old aren't willing to let these young guys find their way. We're TWO WEEKS into the season and the Bengals are a very good team. I don't see the necessity for all of the knee jerk reactions that have already started.

zulater
09-16-2013, 10:51 PM
The Steelers will remain in their current state of decline until after they fire Tomlin. Which mean we'll be bad for at least another 5 years.

Edman
09-16-2013, 10:54 PM
The Steelers will remain in their current state of decline until after they fire Tomlin. Which mean we'll be bad for at least another 5 years.

The decline is already complete. This is a bad team. How bad they will be and how long they will remain bad is yet to be seen.

steelerdude15
09-16-2013, 10:56 PM

And I'm sure people said the same thing about Bill from 1998-2000.

Personally, I said this during the summer and I'll say it again. I'll take a losing season with the Steelers for a winning season with the Pirates.

Shoes
09-16-2013, 10:57 PM
I can't stomach another post game press regurgitation from Tomlin.

zulater
09-16-2013, 10:58 PM
The decline is already complete. This is a bad team. How bad they will be and how long they will remain bad is yet to be seen.

The Steelers haven't fired a coach for 44 years. So they can't fire Tomlin after one losing season. Cowher and Noll also had consecutive losing seasons. But never 3 straight. So it would take a minimum of four straight losing seasons until they fire Tomlin. So that's a good guideline for how long they're going to be bad.

JayC
09-16-2013, 10:59 PM
I can't stomach another post game press regurgitation from Tomlin.

standard this, standard that

Edman
09-16-2013, 11:01 PM
The 2000 Steelers were not a bad team (Finished 9-7). They were a young talented team finding it's legs.

1998 and 1999 were bad teams.

Animal Mother
09-17-2013, 10:39 AM

Dude, I just read a bunch of threads you started and I just wanted to say that I'm not coming back to this board anymore because you are such a whiny bitch. God you are annoying.

zulater
09-17-2013, 10:54 AM
Dude, I just read a bunch of threads you started and I just wanted to say that I'm not coming back to this board anymore because you are such a whiny bitch. God you are annoying.

Good riddance asshole