PDA

View Full Version : Opposites Polamalu, Clark click for Steelers

stillers4me
08-08-2010, 04:41 PM
By Scott Brown (sbrown@tribweb.com), PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Sunday, August 8, 2010

The closest of friends, Steelers safeties Troy Polamalu and Ryan Clark may also offer a study in contrast.
"Ryan is the loud guy," Steelers defensive backs coach Ray Horton said. "Troy doesn't talk on the practice field at all. I can't hear him, and I don't ask him to do it anymore."
Polamalu can be as reserved as Clark is outgoing, but the two are one where it matters most for the Steelers.
Indeed "yin and yang," as cornerback Ike Taylor calls them, are so in step on the field that if they stay healthy this season, the Steelers could wind the clock back to 2008 when they led the NFL in passing defense...........

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_693995.html

Lots of good stuff in this article......

solardave
08-08-2010, 05:17 PM
you're right. Real good stuff and I sure hope they both stay healthy all season because I don't think there is a better tandem in this league.

SMR
08-08-2010, 05:21 PM
you're right. Real good stuff and I sure hope they both stay healthy all season because I don't think there is a better tandem in this league.

Man! Articles like this keeps whetting my appetite for this season! :whoo::whoo:

Austin87
08-09-2010, 04:48 AM
Very good article. Hopefully we can get a full season out of the our safety tandem.

SteelerEmpire
08-09-2010, 12:29 PM
I think they'll both have a big year this year... the Defense should feel it has a lot to show seeing its average season last year...

steelpride12
08-09-2010, 01:14 PM
The thing I love about them two is they know how to play together, and when both are happy and on the field together they know exactly the location they should be in which gives Troy more freedom to roam the field finding his prey. I think each of them make the other one a better player when they are together!

stillers4me
08-09-2010, 01:16 PM
The thing I love about them two is they know how to play together, and when both are happy and on the field together they know exactly the location they should be in which gives Troy more freedom to roam the field finding his prey. I think each of them make the other one a better player when they are together!

Which is exactly why I was thrilled when we resigned him!

MULLDOG24
08-09-2010, 01:26 PM
If our D-FENSE can return to the 2008 form we would have an excellent chance of getting #7!!! I too am glad that we brought back Clark as I think he fits the Steelers perfectly.

The Duke
08-09-2010, 03:41 PM
Those two are the best with each other, I'm not worried at all about their play

I am worried though if one goes down. Will allen is better than carter, but not THAT much better....