PDA

View Full Version : Steelers have to match lines vs. Bengals

Count Steeler
09-13-2013, 04:41 AM
PITTSBURGH – David DeCastro can vouch for Geno Atkins. Ramon Foster can, too.
The Steelers’ interior linemen readily admit that Atkins, Cincinnati’s star defensive tackle, is worth every penny of that $55-million contract he signed the other week.
Unfortunately for DeCastro and Foster, Atkins earned a good portion of his fortune by playing against them.
In four career games against the Steelers, Atkins has four sacks and 14 tackles, which includes two sacks and six tackles in Week 16 of last season. That game, a 13-10 Cincinnati victory at Heinz Field, ended what little hope the Steelers had for making the playoffs.
Think the Steelers, who aren’t lacking for any motivation, don’t have any extra incentive Monday night at Paul Brown Stadium?
“Every game is circled (on the calendar), especially against Geno,” said Foster. “He’s one of the top 10 best players in the NFL. It’s one of those games you look forward to. You have to be on your Ps and Qs.”

read more @ http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/steelers-have-to-match-lines-vs-bengals/article_e296ab08-ac42-5016-8e1a-3421adfdd03a.html

Psycho Ward 86
09-13-2013, 04:32 PM
LOL not gonna happen. we need a lot of other aspects of this game to go in our favor in order to win

steelreserve
09-13-2013, 04:43 PM
Our best chance at winning that battle is if he twists his ankle or something early in the game and doesn't get it quite right. Otherwise, I am not looking forward to this. Oh well, at least we don't have Parker anymore, because then I guarantee you we'd run it up the middle 10 times in a row for -4 yards, then when it was clear that wasn't working, run it up the middle another 10 times in a row for -5 yards.

ALLD
09-14-2013, 06:32 AM
I feel if we score more points than the Bengals we will have the best chance to win.:baby:

Master Blaster
09-14-2013, 06:45 AM
The Bengals will look to exploit whomever is playing center because they see that as a weakness. If Beachum starts the Steelers will lose the game and possibly Ben. If Valesco starts they have a chance to improve over last week.

Edman
09-14-2013, 02:09 PM
I'm not counting on it.

The Offense will make a High School Defense look amazing.

st33lersguy
09-14-2013, 04:43 PM
Even with Valesco I can't see it happening, They have Geno Atkins who is one of the elite DTs in the league and a strong D-line filled with talent

steelreserve
09-14-2013, 05:41 PM
I don't think they signed Velasco to sit on the bench, so hopefully he'll be the one out there. Beachum has done an admirable job of stepping in for people in a pinch, but that's a stopgap solution and I don't want to try it against one of the best interior rushers in the league.

Mistah Q
09-15-2013, 02:00 AM
I tdont thnikg this will be a sgdood ganme go Big BEn but gi juell gbetgter for tgh elong ftun