PDA

View Full Version : street Free agent team that could probably beat us

Dwinsgames
09-11-2013, 04:09 PM
this is a partial list of street free agents free to be signed by any club mind you this is a very small portion of the available players just a hand picked list I comprised in about 5 min time ...lots of free agent players with talent on the open market , some of the guys I selected are on the down side of their careers but would be cheap veteran presences in the locker room and could play a few series a game to give your starter a breather without a big drop in play level ....

lots of play off football experience assembled in this group as well

I would be running a 3-4 def and primarily the pistol on O which would suit Vince Young very well , systems need to be tailored to the players you have at your disposal and that is the reasoning here no square peg round holes for me

Defense

DE Kyle Vanden Bosch
DE Andre Carter
DE Richard Seymour
DEJonathan Fanene

DT Shaun Cody
DT Ma'ake Kemoeatu

ILB

Barrett Ruud
Kirk Morrison
Brandon Siler
Bobby Carpenter
Michael Boley

OLB

Chris Gocong
Marcus Benard
Clark Haggans
Mark Anderson

Safety

Kerry Rhodes
Kenny Phillips
Madieu Williams
Atari Bigby

CB

Shawntae Spencer
Sheldon Brown
Drayton Florence
Chris Carr
Will Allen
Jason Allen cb/s

Offense

QB

Vince Young
Tyler Thigpen
David Carr

RB

Willis McGahee
Ryan Torain
Javon Ringer
Cedric Benson
Deji Karim (KR / RB)

FB

Michael Robinson

WR

Brandon Lloyd

Devery Henderson

Patrick Crayton

Deion Branch

Ramses Barden

Josh Cribbs (WR/PR)

TE

Jake Ballard

Randy McMichael

OT

Jammal Brown

Max Starks

Winston Justice

Jordan Black

OG

Chilo Rachal

Leonard Davis

Deuce Lutui

Rex Hadnot (C / G )

C

Geoff Hangartner

LS

Lonnie Paxton

K

Neil Rackers

P

Brian Moorman

GM Bill Polian

Head Coach Marty Schottenheimer

OC Chan Gailey

DC Al Groh

0 Line coach Alex Gibbs

Chief of scouting Department a no name for most of you but a man who will work relentlessly ( because this stuff is not work to him ) and knows what to look for in players Curtis Popejoy

coach can hire the rest of the staff

Psycho Ward 86
09-11-2013, 04:58 PM
what was the point of this

NCSteeler
09-11-2013, 05:00 PM
Upon investigating, police discovered the 22 year old male and a 19 year old male had been inside the residence when two subjects entered, with one brandishing a rifle. One suspect shot through a door and striking the 22 year old in the ear.
22 year old Curtis Popejoy of Morton was taken into custody Thursday for home invasion.

http://www.cinewsnow.com/news/local/Two-arrested-for-Morton-home-invasion-143920186.html

:crazy:

Hawkman
09-11-2013, 05:07 PM
Different Curt Popejoy. The one Dwins is talking about is a good bit older than that (sorry Curt), and writes articles on the Steelers for Bleacher Report.

Steeldude
09-11-2013, 05:08 PM

I believe he is saying that a group of free agents could beat the current Steelers. It's very possible. The Steelers' O-line is really bad.

That being said, I am hoping for a complete turn around next week. I don't see how it's going to happen, but I am hoping.

Hawkman
09-11-2013, 05:17 PM
Clark Haggans!!!:toofunny: Come on Dwins. He's 36, played in 9 games last year and had a grand total of 2 tackles.

Dwinsgames
09-11-2013, 05:22 PM
http://www.cinewsnow.com/news/local/Two-arrested-for-Morton-home-invasion-143920186.html

:crazy:

LOL not the same guy , not even from that state lol

he made a few posts here in this thread name here is Bigcurt http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/16985-scouting-reports

ALLD
09-11-2013, 05:23 PM
1979 Buccaneers.

Dwinsgames
09-11-2013, 05:23 PM

so you could bitch like a 12 year old school girl ...why else ?

Hawkman
09-11-2013, 05:27 PM
I believe he is saying that a group of free agents could beat the current Steelers. It's very possible. The Steelers' O-line is really bad.

That being said, I am hoping for a complete turn around next week. I don't see how it's going to happen, but I am hoping.

I'm am also hoping Steeldude. I do recall a 35-7 beatdown by the Ravens two years ago in the opener and then coming back and beating Seattle 24-0 and finishing 12-4. Not saying that's going to happen again.......just saying that many of the same comments that have been going around since Sunday, were said after the mauling from Baltimore. Granted the Ravens were a better team than the Titans, but we should end up being a better team than we showed on Sunday.

Dwinsgames
09-11-2013, 05:29 PM
Clark Haggans!!!:toofunny: Come on Dwins. He's 36, played in 9 games last year and had a grand total of 2 tackles.

got to toss him a bone , figure he would be ...

1) cheap

2) able to be veteran leadership

3) not looking for a starter from him just a couple series a game to spell the starter

4) he could beat 1 on 1 any of the tackles we have on the current roster

last but not least 3-4 olb are limited on the street FA list

Hawkman
09-11-2013, 05:48 PM
got to toss him a bone , figure he would be ...

1) cheap

2) able to be veteran leadership

3) not looking for a starter from him just a couple series a game to spell the starter

4) he could beat 1 on 1 any of the tackles we have on the current roster

last but not least 3-4 olb are limited on the street FA list

I still think any offense you put together from that list, would get crushed by our current defense.

Also didn't realize Will Allen was back on the market.

Dwinsgames
09-11-2013, 06:03 PM

this

- - - Updated - - -

I still think any offense you put together from that list, would get crushed by our current defense.

we had issues stopping the titans , the list of players collectively put together above is at the very least as talented as the Titans team and if they ran the Pistol with a guy like Vince Young ( whom I do not like but he does have the skillset for that style of play ) ....well it could be just dumb enough to work

steeldawg
09-11-2013, 06:14 PM

I think hes on the cowboys and I think he had a pick

Godfather
09-11-2013, 06:19 PM
What about Michael Turner for running back?

Dwinsgames
09-11-2013, 06:25 PM
I think hes on the cowboys and I think he had a pick

not the same will allen ........ one is from Syracuse and plays CB one is from Ohio state and is a Safety

- - - Updated - - -

What about Michael Turner for running back?

plug him in I believe there is 1 or 2 more open roster spots :)

Nadroj 20
09-11-2013, 06:36 PM
not the same will allen ........ one is from Syracuse and plays CB one is from Ohio state and is a Safety

- - - Updated - - -

plug him in I believe there is 1 or 2 more open roster spots :)

Isn't he on the Giants with Keenan Lewis?

- - - Updated - - -

Holy Crap nevermind...no clue why I thought this?!?! I think I meant Ryan Mundy

Dwinsgames
09-11-2013, 06:57 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Holy Crap nevermind...no clue why I thought this?!?! I think I meant Ryan Mundy

lmao ..you are all confused ...

Lewis is in N.O.

Mundy is a Giant

Will Allen the Safety and former Steeler is a Cowboy

Will D Allen the CB was a Giant 1st round pick ( 2001 ) and is now a FA

Nadroj 20
09-11-2013, 07:02 PM

Lewis is in N.O.

Mundy is a Giant

Thanks my head was spinning for a second :chuckle:

Dwinsgames
09-11-2013, 07:08 PM
Thanks my head was spinning for a second :chuckle:

happens to the best of us at times http://draftsteel.com/ff/images/smilies/drinks.gif

Master Blaster
09-11-2013, 08:42 PM
1979 Buccaneers.
76 Steelers
85 Bears

Psycho Ward 86
09-11-2013, 08:42 PM
so you could bitch like a 12 year old school girl ...why else ?

whoops! watch out world. dont ask Dwinsgames any serious questions lol

Master Blaster
09-11-2013, 08:44 PM
happens to the best of us at times http://draftsteel.com/ff/images/smilies/drinks.gif
Heck yeah. Oh wait... What thread am I in again?

- - - Updated - - -

whoops! watch out world. dont ask Dwinsgames any serious questions lol
You baited him and you know it.

Psycho Ward 86
09-11-2013, 08:50 PM
we looked bad against a probable bad team. we got it. at least most threads are discussable. if one were to inquire "what would someone get out of this thread?" its a pretty hard question to answer. simple question.

Master Blaster
09-11-2013, 08:55 PM
we looked bad against a probable bad team. we got it. at least most threads are discussable. if one were to inquire "what would someone get out of this thread?" its a pretty hard question to answer. simple question.
Yet, you chose to click on it, more than once.

Dwinsgames
09-11-2013, 08:56 PM

that there is a high degree of probability that one could assemble 53 men off the streets that are unemployed that could beat the Version of the Steelers we seen last Sunday

Seven
09-11-2013, 10:22 PM
Sorry Dwins, it was fun to think about, but no way. You are running a 34 with Kyle Vanden Bosch, Andre Carter, Richard Seymour and Jonathan Fanene as your ends? Even our o-line is going to push those guys around. The only guy who can even play 34 in that group is Seymour. Cody and Kemoeatu might be serviceable at nose but those ends aren't going to be able to handle their gaps so it doesn't matter. Even Redman could run on that group all day. And if you manage to get the Steelers in a couple third down situations Ben is going to have ages to throw, there will be absolutely no pass rush from Haggans, Anderson, Benard and Gocong. The offense isn't even worth discussing. Not trying to be an ass, but no way. The Steelers would blow this roster out.

Dwinsgames
09-12-2013, 09:14 AM
Sorry Dwins, it was fun to think about, but no way. You are running a 34 with Kyle Vanden Bosch, Andre Carter, Richard Seymour and Jonathan Fanene as your ends? Even our o-line is going to push those guys around. The only guy who can even play 34 in that group is Seymour. Cody and Kemoeatu might be serviceable at nose but those ends aren't going to be able to handle their gaps so it doesn't matter. Even Redman could run on that group all day. And if you manage to get the Steelers in a couple third down situations Ben is going to have ages to throw, there will be absolutely no pass rush from Haggans, Anderson, Benard and Gocong. The offense isn't even worth discussing. Not trying to be an ass, but no way. The Steelers would blow this roster out.

would they ?

most of the free world has thought that very thing many times over vs many of rag tag groups only to watch the Steelers get their asses handed to them or find a way to lose ...

it is no lock they would beat us or us them ... but my guess is it would be more interesting to the casual observer than it would have any right to be and down right appalling to a steeler fan

Master Blaster
09-12-2013, 10:30 AM
Clark Haggans and pass rusher should never be used in the same sentence.

Dwinsgames
09-12-2013, 10:32 AM
Clark Haggans and pass rusher should never be used in the same sentence.

he could beat Adams or Gilbert ...

pass rusher or not ...

that is the problem

Master Blaster
09-12-2013, 10:50 AM
he could beat Adams or Gilbert ...

pass rusher or not ...

that is the problem
I highly doubt that. When discussing NFL pass rushers Haggans' name never gets mentioned, unless, of course, a sports writer is describing how he failed to do his job.

steelreserve
09-12-2013, 12:49 PM
Holy shit, Clark Haggans is still playing?

HollywoodSteel
09-12-2013, 04:58 PM

Lewis is in N.O.

Mundy is a Giant

And there are two tight ends named Zach Miller! I think one is a free agent who could beat us. ;)