PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh media grills Goodell

Psycho Ward 86
08-08-2010, 01:07 PM
LATROBE, Pa. — The practice horn blared right in the middle of Commissioner Roger Goodell‘s informal session with Pittsburgh media Thursday morning just after morning practice. That probably aggravated the radio and TV guys trying to get a good sound bite.

And there was a horde, of at least 30 media folks, that quickly surrounded Goodell. Guess what they wanted to ask him about?

Read more: http://nflcommish.nfl.com/2010/08/05/steelers-media-grills-goodell/

:chuckle:

BlastFurnace
08-08-2010, 01:39 PM
I want to know why Cedric Benson was'nt suspended. He had plenty of prior issues, but Roger chose to ignore all of that. I wonder why.

kmsteelerwr15
08-08-2010, 01:52 PM
I want to know why Cedric Benson was'nt suspended. He had plenty of prior issues, but Roger chose to ignore all of that. I wonder why.

or Mike Vick

wootawnee
08-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Perhaps it is the best way to drag the team down to the rest of the league's level.....And/ or elevate the Bungals to our level........

Psycho Ward 86
08-08-2010, 02:33 PM
or Mike Vick

Or Vince Young

Soufjerzz
08-08-2010, 02:52 PM
Maybe those cries of "Racism" are starting to effect Goodells decision making.

I'm black, so its all good.

oneforthetoe
08-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Oh darn ,... I was hoping someone might have actually have grilled him, "fried green tomatoes style." You know I have this image of Roger, with an apple in his mouth, turning on a spit over hot coals ... Casey standing next to him with a bottle of BBQ sauce ... well never mind.:bored:

HollywoodSteel
08-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Or Shaun Rogers.

Or Robaire Smith.

HollywoodSteel
08-08-2010, 03:48 PM
Or Tom Cable.

HollywoodSteel
08-08-2010, 03:51 PM
Or Vincent Jackson, coming off a second DUI conviction only getting suspended for three games.

kmsteelerwr15
08-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Or Vincent Jackson, coming off a second DUI conviction only getting suspended for three games.

or Chris Simms

stillers4me
08-08-2010, 04:17 PM
I'm more and more convinced that the Rooney's persuaded him to be extra harsh on Ben to scare the shitski out of him.

siss
08-08-2010, 05:10 PM
I'm more and more convinced that the Rooney's persuaded him to be extra harsh on Ben to scare the shitski out of him.

Thats what I have been saying all along! And the franchise will be better for it!

HometownGal
08-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Wish I'd have had the opportunity to ask him a question. I would have simply asked him why he is the biggest asshole of a Commish the NFL has ever seen. Pete Rozelle must be turning in his grave. :horror:

stillers4me
08-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Wish I'd have had the opportunity to ask him a question. I would have simply asked him why he is the biggest asshole of a Commish the NFL has ever seen. Pete Rozelle must be turning in his grave. :horror:

I know what you mean. It's stuff like the Pro Bowl before the Superbowl and playing in London. What a crock.

zulater
08-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Or Tom Cable.

Bingo!

siss
08-08-2010, 05:36 PM
Many many many years down the road, after Ben has won 3 more rings and settled down and had a few kids, he is going to write a tell all book and I imagine he will not speak fondly of Goodell!

SMR
08-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Many many many years down the road, after Ben has won 3 more rings and settled down and had a few kids, he is going to write a tell all book and I imagine he will not speak fondly of Goodell!

I'll be glad to buy his book.

zulater
08-08-2010, 05:41 PM

Or Art III who I've become more and more convinced threw Ben under the bus. If it hadn't been for the coaching staff, who realizes what an execptional talent Ben is, Art would have rid the orginization of Ben when things were at their bleakest.

HometownGal
08-08-2010, 05:51 PM
Or Art III who I've become more and more convinced threw Ben under the bus.

He's a lawyer - are you surprised? :heh:

steelerdude15
08-08-2010, 06:04 PM
They did because if Goodell didn't do anything, the Rooneys were going to suspend him themselves.

steeldawg
08-08-2010, 06:10 PM

I have to disagree The rooney's are paying big ben alot of money they dont want him sitting on the sideline. Also I dont think rooney would do that to the coaching staff because having your franchise qb on the bench for 6 games could possibly be throwing the season away.

stillers4me
08-08-2010, 06:14 PM
I have to disagree The rooney's are paying big ben alot of money they dont want him sitting on the sideline. Also I dont think rooney would do that to the coaching staff because having your franchise qb on the bench for 6 games could possibly be throwing the season away.

They just gave away a superbowl MVP WR.

siss
08-08-2010, 06:16 PM
I still think he's lucky they didn't trade him for a 7th round pick and some warm beer!

steeldawg
08-08-2010, 06:17 PM

Yes but they were not gonna be able to pay him and we were gonna lose him to free agency next year so they decided to get something for him. So with a 4 game suspension there was they got value for him.

steelerdude15
08-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Yes but they were not gonna be able to pay him and we were gonna lose him to free agency next year so they decided to get something for him. So with a 4 game suspension there was they got value for him.
Yeah, but you have to realize that the Rooneys don't put up with this type of stuff, I know if I owned a football team I wouldn't. They both would have been in serious trouble if it was my team.

steeldawg
08-08-2010, 06:25 PM
Yes but your not really hurting the player by making them sit the bulk of their money that is real is in the gauranteed money and signing bonuses. So you are just hurting the rest of the team by not putting the best players on the field.

steelerdude15
08-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Yes but your not really hurting the player by making them sit the bulk of their money that is real is in the gauranteed money and signing bonuses. So you are just hurting the rest of the team by not putting the best players on the field.
Yeah, but you have to teach these people what's right and what's wrong. We shouldn't have to because they're adults and are supposed to be role models.

steeldawg
08-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Yeah, but you have to teach these people what's right and what's wrong. We shouldn't have to because they're adults and are supposed to be role models.
Exactly these are adults and their pros they should not have to be taught right from wrong and its not really the job of the employer to teach morals either. But like i said it does not benefit the team by suspending ben it only hurts the team. If we were to go 0-6 do you think it would bens head on the chopping block, absolutely not , it will be coaches and role players. So i really dont see the message the rooneys would be sending.

stillers4me
08-08-2010, 06:52 PM
If Ben gets into trouble again and the Rooneys have to cut him, don't you think that hurts the franchise more than a few games suspension?

This gets the message across to Ben the clock is ticking and the time to change is NOW. It also sends a message to the rest of the team that even the superstar of the team is not above punishment so mind your p &q's or you'll be next.

CantStop85
08-08-2010, 06:53 PM

I would have to disagree here. Suspending/benching a player hurts the player in a variety of different ways. Of course it hurts the team too but there's no other real feasible way of disciplining a player in today's NFL.

Craic
08-09-2010, 12:53 AM
I fail to see how we SHOULDNT be THANKFUL for the commissioner. We have a multi million dollar quarterback that was on his way to self-destruction. One of these days, one of these charges were going to stick, and then he'd find himself in jail. 3 off-season incidents of poor-judgment in 6 seasons-each with possible major ramifications for the team.

If this is what it took to turn his life around... I don't care. I say "Thank you Goodell. Now can you explain to me why you destroyed the cheatriots tapes so fast?"

Once again, I think there needs to be a committee of former players (all of which are in the HOF-they usually have a better handle on the longue duree of the sport) and league officials, with an appeal process to the commissioner and two others. I think Rodger has been quite inconsistent in application. But I am sorry. Ben got what was coming to him. After all, this isn't about "a crime". It is about reputation. And no matter HOW you cut it, a reputation of rape is much much worse than a reputation of DWI or a bar fight. Period. And Michael Vick spent a couple years in jail, And THEN was suspended a couple games BEYOND those 2 or so years. In effect, 2+ years out of the league. He paid his debt.

wootawnee
08-09-2010, 01:31 AM
Yeah, but you have to realize that the Rooneys don't put up with this type of stuff, I know if I owned a football team I wouldn't. They both would have been in serious trouble if it was my team.

I don't know where this idea of that the Rooney's do not put up with stuff......The Chief used to put up with a ton of stuff.........We just do things the correct way, so people will not want to step out of line ...................

The cheif used to walk to work and be a regular guy that would talk to anybody.....He would not condone someone for making a mistake, cause we all do in a way or another.....