PDA

View Full Version : Final record prediction thread after having seen your 2013 Steelers in action.

zulater
09-09-2013, 12:56 PM
I know it's only one game in, but one game can say a lot. Particularly when you lose at home to potentially the worst team you'll play all year.

I'm saying 5-11 or worse. Hope I'm wrong.

One silver lining we'd finally get a top 5 pick in the draft. But considering the recent track record of those making the picks I'[m n ot sure it would do any good.

And let me be the first to say it and own it. If this team goes on to have the sort of record I think it will this year, this with an in his prime franchise qb, and a legitimate defense. Then there needs to be a complete housecleaning at the top of the Steelers organization. Colbert and Tomlin ( and the entire coaching staff) should be fired.

Of course this wont happen, which is why we'll be doomed to mediocrity or worse for at least the next half decade. How ugly will it get when Ben's gone with these guys in place? :doh:

Shoes
09-09-2013, 01:13 PM
I know it's only one game in, but one game can say a lot. Particularly when you lose at home to potentially the worst team you'll play all year.

I'm saying 5-11. Hope I'm wrong.

Zu, I had higher hopes until yesterday. But what I see is a continuation of last year...only a bit worse. I think we are in for some years of *The Steeler Nation* being reduced in size.

The same old chewing gum comments after the game from players and coaches..

“We just weren't executing”

“We have to be way better. We all know we're capable of being better. We will be better.”

“We've got to get on the same page"

"We have to look at the tape"

"We're saving the TD's for the regular season"

zulater
09-09-2013, 01:15 PM
Zu, I had higher hopes until yesterday. But what I see is a continuation of last year...only a bit worse. I think we are in for some years of *The Steeler Nation* being reduced in size.

“We have to be way better. We all know we're capable of being better. We will be better.”

So gives us a prediction on the end of season record Shoes?

Shoes
09-09-2013, 01:21 PM
I'll be generous and say 7-9 and echo you *Hope I'm wrong* Sadly, the players are only repeating what the coaches are saying........it's like a bus going down main street without a steering wheel on the column.

Edman
09-09-2013, 01:27 PM
8-8, and that's being really generous.

I didn't have high expectations of the 2013 Steelers, but I can see this team being legendarily bad. Like 2003. 1999, and the 80's.

The Defense will be fine, but the Offense is so bad it doesn't even matter. Ben has clearly regressed and has no confidence whatsoever.

st33lersguy
09-09-2013, 01:38 PM
5-11. We start out horribly then after the Steelers then down the stretch they will win a few to win themselves out of a top 5 pick. They will definitely start 0-4. The Titans are the worst team they will face this month, both offensively and defensively. Their next 3 opponents also all went 10-6 and will be able to exploit Pittsburgh's weaknesses

steelreserve
09-09-2013, 02:01 PM
I'm going to be optimistic and say 9-7, 10-6 if we're lucky. Obviously, I'm hoping that the typical effort form the offense will be better than yesterday's. We have 6 games that should be against real bottom-feeders, and the defense should be able to keep us in a lot of games.

If what we saw from the offense this week is really what we get, though, than yeah, we'd be lucky to go 6-10.

ALLD
09-09-2013, 03:35 PM
In other news, the good news is the Steelers' schedule has been changed to play all remaining 15 games against the Jacksonville Jaguars. The bad news is they are projected to go 8-7 against them.

Craic
09-09-2013, 04:14 PM

I'm saying 5-11 or worse. Hope I'm wrong.

One silver lining we'd finally get a top 5 pick in the draft. But considering the recent track record of those making the picks I'[m n ot sure it would do any good.

And let me be the first to say it and own it. If this team goes on to have the sort of record I think it will this year, this with an in his prime franchise qb, and a legitimate defense. Then there needs to be a complete housecleaning at the top of the Steelers organization. Colbert and Tomlin ( and the entire coaching staff) should be fired.

Of course this wont happen, which is why we'll be doomed to mediocrity or worse for at least the next half decade. How ugly will it get when Ben's gone with these guys in place? :doh:

Nope, I called 4-4 or worse in the first half of the season, maybe 3-5, only to go 7-1 or 8-0 in the last half of the season. I think we end up 10-6 or 11-5.

Count Steeler
09-09-2013, 04:35 PM
Nope, I called 4-4 or worse in the first half of the season, maybe 3-5, only to go 7-1 or 8-0 in the last half of the season. I think we end up 10-6 or 11-5.

That's along what I have said as well. 4-4 to start, 6-2 to finish. However, if we lose 3 starters per game, well, ya know....

tube517
09-09-2013, 05:59 PM
I say 3-5 start....6-2 finish.....9-7...missing the wild card due to poor AFC record

Dwinsgames
09-10-2013, 10:15 AM
pretty easy if you use just 1 game as the baseline 0-16 would be easy to envision ...

that being said 1 game does not make a season .....

we have started just as atrocious a few years back and rebounded very nicely ( Remember the first time we heard Warren Sapp say old and slow ) ?

basing a season on this outing would be a knee jerk reaction ( Just Like Sapp's )

if we do not improve in dramatic fashion this week then we can hit the proverbial panic button but I will wait before writing this team off even though I seen very little to be excited about to this juncture on the offensive side of the ball

on Def I thought we played very well considering they where on the field 36+ min and only gave up 16 points ...

I will leave the light on for this team , hopefully they see it through the thick fog surrounding them

Moose
09-10-2013, 01:21 PM
I've got to agree with a few comments already made. I'm still numb after that mess of a game against the Titans. I had the team going 8-8/7-9 this season and I'm still sticking with it. I had the Tenn. game as a win (if we don't play down to them---which we sort of did and thus the loss), so that will throw my before bye week prediction of 2-2 a threat. But who know's, it was only 1 ugly game. I certainly didn't figure them going 16-0, so I'm still on target there. You know this team is going to win some games which we all figure on them losing so things could even out. There will be some teams thinking we are a mess and not prepare for us and our player's will put up a great game and a win !! Hey, let's hope, it happens to us every year so why not us return the favor. I think by the 'bye' week we will all be able to see the stymina of what this team is going to be. I just have to make sure I have a hell of a lot more alcohol in the house on Sunday's. GO STEELER'S

zulater
09-10-2013, 07:46 PM
I like the signing of Valesco. Not only is it a good plug for Pouncey, but it also means they can go back to using Beacheum as a 3rd tight end in the heavy package. So for that reason alone I'll upgrade my prediction to 7-9. I doubt they can integrate him into the offense for Monday's game, so it's hard to envision that game being anything other than a loss. But from game 3 on the line should stabilize to a reasonable extent and there's enough overall talent to win 7 games on the season.

Master Blaster
09-10-2013, 07:57 PM

And the ubiquitous, "we need to make plays." That one and "we need to execute better." Make me want to puke. I guarantee every fan wants to yell, "Ya Think? Now tell us something we don't already know!"

Psycho Ward 86
09-11-2013, 08:56 PM
7-9

Seven
09-12-2013, 03:26 AM
What did I say a few weeks ago? 10 - 6? Nothing changes for me because of last week.

60_MINUTES
09-12-2013, 11:38 PM
Tomlin wins me over we go 11-5 and win division.. That's my prediction however my fear is 5-11 and I will pray in off season for firing

steelerdude15
09-13-2013, 11:10 AM
10-6

plenewken
09-13-2013, 12:32 PM
51-24-7
Oh ...... you're talking about the Steelers? Nevermind ...........

GodfatherofSoul
09-13-2013, 02:10 PM
I said 11-5, maybe 10-6 after a rough first 1/2-1/4 of the season.

Psycho Ward 86
09-13-2013, 02:53 PM
ill actually go 9-7 now that i know the steelers actually plan on using velasco

zulater
09-13-2013, 04:01 PM
ill actually go 9-7 now that i know the steelers actually plan on using velasco

It's lucky that someone of that quality was available.

Psycho Ward 86
09-13-2013, 04:30 PM
It's lucky that someone of that quality was available.

Yeah. And even luckier that the coaching staff is willing to actually use him instead of the usual "we'll stick with the guys who have been around for a while" mantra

KeiselPower99
09-13-2013, 06:12 PM
I think Valasco comes in and sturdys the o line. They can only get better right? Ben gets his security blanket in Heath back and Bell and Dwyer turn into a beast RB tandem. Im going with 11-5.

zulater
09-16-2013, 10:17 PM
Here's my revised prediction. The Steelers wont win so much as one game until Heath Miller is back, and playing like Heath Miller. So figure on no wins before November. And of course losing tends to perpetuate itself, so my final prediction is 3-13. They wont fire Tomlin at the end of the year, ( though they should) but they may trade Ben. For Ben's sake I hope they do. Because he'll never got close with this team again. Neither will any other qb. But we'll have to suck for a good five years before the PC Rooney's will fire Tomlin.

Mistah Q
09-16-2013, 10:40 PM
4-12

- - - Updated - - -

With cap hell about to pour down we might as well cut the strings and play for draftsies, make the pain last 3 years instead of 10...

JayC
09-16-2013, 10:43 PM
best 6-10
worst 3-13

my guess 5-11

Edman
09-16-2013, 10:43 PM
8-8? FUCK DAT.

This team is 6 wins or less.

zulater
09-16-2013, 10:46 PM
This might be the worst Steeler team since 69.

Edman
09-16-2013, 10:49 PM
This might be the worst Steeler team since 69.

I've seen bad Steelers teams (1998-99, 2003), but this may just be the worst Steeler team I've ever seen in my life.

This isn't a team done in by injuries, this is just a flat out BAD TEAM.

This teams sucks cow testes.

SteelerFanInStl
09-16-2013, 10:56 PM
This team is just plain bad. 4 wins at best.

I can't wait to hear the Tomlin speak again.

st33lersguy
09-16-2013, 11:34 PM
5-11. we will only start winning when all we have to play for is a top draft pick.

Steeldude
09-17-2013, 05:37 AM
Come on, are people actually surprised by the play of the O-line?

venom
09-17-2013, 05:39 AM
I would say 4-12 -- Somewhere Bruce is smiling

zulater
09-22-2013, 09:18 PM
3-13 is looking more and more likely

SteelerFanInStl
09-22-2013, 11:34 PM
I would say 4-12 -- Somewhere Bruce is smiling

Bruce got destroyed today by NO 31-7 and is 1-2. Not a lot for him to smile about either.

blackngldblood
09-22-2013, 11:42 PM
I just really hope this isn't Polamalu's last season. For Christ sake's he deserves a better exodus than this.

Craic
09-23-2013, 01:19 AM
I am keeping the same prediction as the beginning of the season. Heck, I have a post saying this exactly same thing already someplace here . . . maybe even earlier in this thread (Ahh, post 9). I stick by it. 4-4 in the first eight, maybe 3-5 in the first eight games, and then 7-1 in the last eight games (or 8-0) to go 10-6 or 11-5. What I saw tonight gives me EVERY hope that my predictions are exactly right.

steelreserve
09-23-2013, 01:34 AM
I do still think this team is better than this. I have no idea if they'll figure out how to unlock it, or just continue drifting aimlessly, but I am still hoping. I have to downgrade my prediction to 8-8, 9-7 just because they've picked up a couple more losses since Week 1, but they ought to finish stronger.

If they don't figure it out, then in that saying "the sky's the limit," whatever you'd use for the opposite of the sky, that's us.

st33lersguy
09-23-2013, 09:22 AM
3-13 or 4-12

Buckinnuts
09-23-2013, 09:05 PM
11-5

Lambert_Loonie
09-23-2013, 09:31 PM
Being a little more realistic now, 7-9 or 8-8. I think this team really hits its stride... when they're mathematically out of playoff contention. :P 2-6 at the mid way point, 6-2 or 5-3 after it.

Shoes
09-29-2013, 08:27 PM
I'm still saying 7-9....tho I don't know what 7 games we'll win. :chuckle:

Godfather
09-29-2013, 08:53 PM
6-10. We look terrible, but we'll win just enough games to screw up our draft position.

steeldawg
09-29-2013, 10:20 PM
I looked at the rest of our schedule and honestly we may only be able to beat 2 teams on it and that's the jets and raiders. There is also buffalo but they are playing really well right now.

Mistah Q
09-29-2013, 10:23 PM
I would be quite happy with a 1-15 -ish season if it meant drafting an elite player and the Rooneys cleaning house on the coaching staff...

zulater
09-29-2013, 11:35 PM
I would be quite happy with a 1-15 -ish season if it meant drafting an elite player and the Rooneys cleaning house on the coaching staff...

The only meaningful change would be to get rid of Tomlin. And that wont happen, no matter how bad it gets, until after the conclusion of the 2015 season. The Rooney's haven't fired a coach since 1968. Cowher and Noll both were allowed to have consecutive losing seasons without being fired. And prior to this season Tomlin hasn't posted a losing season. So he gets to botch this year and next without having to worry about his job. And any revamping of the coaching staff that doesn't involve canning coach sound bite will prove meaningless.

So bottom line is we're going to continue on this downward spiral for the next half decade or more to preserve the Steeler legacy of never firing the head coach.

steelreserve
09-29-2013, 11:43 PM
I looked at the rest of our schedule and honestly we may only be able to beat 2 teams on it and that's the jets and raiders. There is also buffalo but they are playing really well right now.

Don't forget the Browns, that should be good for two more - maybe one the way we're going. We'll probably lose to the Raiders like always, even if they started a sack of dog food at QB and their entire defense was tripping on acid. So by my count, that's 3, maybe 4 wins. We'll probably do something that goes completely against all logic, like blow out the Patriots on the road and then go right back to sucking. So that way, I could see us winning 5 games, so long as there are a half-dozen impact players in the draft and that would drop us to the #7 or #8 pick.

At any rate - I have to completely retract my most recent glass-is-half-full prediction of 8-8 or 9-7. This team just flat-out sucks.

SteelerFanInStl
09-30-2013, 06:38 PM
The only meaningful change would be to get rid of Tomlin. And that wont happen, no matter how bad it gets, until after the conclusion of the 2015 season. The Rooney's haven't fired a coach since 1968.

And no Steelers team has started 0-4 since 1968.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget the Browns, that should be good for two more - maybe one the way we're going. We'll probably lose to the Raiders like always, even if they started a sack of dog food at QB and their entire defense was tripping on acid. So by my count, that's 3, maybe 4 wins. We'll probably do something that goes completely against all logic, like blow out the Patriots on the road and then go right back to sucking. So that way, I could see us winning 5 games, so long as there are a half-dozen impact players in the draft and that would drop us to the #7 or #8 pick.

At any rate - I have to completely retract my most recent glass-is-half-full prediction of 8-8 or 9-7. This team just flat-out sucks.

I wouldn't be counting on any wins against the Browns. They beat the Bengals this week and are definitely playing better than the Steelers. It could happen but it's far from a sure thing.

Moose
09-30-2013, 09:43 PM
I'm still sticking with my beginning of the season prediction of 7-9 ( 8-8). But, I'm gonna have to side with 'Shoes' on not knowing what the 7 teams are. I think the team will get a winning streak somewhere and knock off a few teams that will 'overlook' us looking at their next opponent. I really don't think there will be any coaching changes either, the Rooney's like to give everything time to get it together. Another 'transition' next year probably, and then if no change in team performance heads could roll.

steeldawg
09-30-2013, 10:06 PM

Im not so sure we can beat the browns.

Dwinsgames
09-30-2013, 10:11 PM
Im not so sure we can beat the browns.

I am not SURE we can beat anybody , I suspect we will beat a few teams but you won't pin me down on who those teams might be because I have no clue who looks worse than us that is on our schedule ? ummmm nobody at this point in time

Shoes
10-27-2013, 06:41 PM
Feel free to make any necessary changes. :chuckle: I said 7-9, but I don't think we'll make it.

zulater
10-27-2013, 07:12 PM
4-6 wins looks about right. I'm not even mad, just being realistic. This isn't a very good team. Not pointing fingers. Just it looks fairly obvious this isn't a very talented team.

steeldawg
10-27-2013, 07:17 PM
I am keeping the same prediction as the beginning of the season. Heck, I have a post saying this exactly same thing already someplace here . . . maybe even earlier in this thread (Ahh, post 9). I stick by it. 4-4 in the first eight, maybe 3-5 in the first eight games, and then 7-1 in the last eight games (or 8-0) to go 10-6 or 11-5. What I saw tonight gives me EVERY hope that my predictions are exactly right.

How bout now?

Count Steeler
10-27-2013, 07:20 PM
Might as well go for the gusto now. Clear all the cap shit next year, clean house of 50/50 players and go young. Maybe in 4-5 years we are back as contenders.

I can't think of one area that is promising anymore. The O line is a disaster, AGAIN. D Line needs work. LBers need work. Secondary needs work. Offense is so disjointed and disorganized where it counts the most, in the red zone. Still no running game.

And Tomlin should get his shit together about travel plans. Maybe there is a reason that the rest of the league travels the way it does. Can't see how the Steelers looking lethargic makes him think he has a better travel schedule.

SteelerFanInStl
10-27-2013, 07:23 PM
4-6 wins looks about right. I'm not even mad, just being realistic. This isn't a very good team. Not pointing fingers. Just it looks fairly obvious this isn't a very talented team.

or a very well coached team.

steelerdude15
10-27-2013, 08:11 PM
My prediction is 5-11.

Shoes
11-03-2013, 07:34 PM
Feel free to make any necessary changes. :chuckle: I said 7-9, but I don't think we'll make it.

Well, I know now we won't make it. :chuckle:

Nadroj 20
11-03-2013, 07:40 PM
Can we win again this year? I think no honestly. Buffalo next week maybe, but they gave the undefeated Chiefs a game.

Detroit will put up 100 on us
Cleveland can beat us
Baltimore sucks this year too and we beat them once but can we twice?
Miami beat the division winner and is a toss up probably.
Cincinnati will beat us
Green Bay will put up 95 on us
Cleveland again who knows this could be a big game for them if they are in a wild card position.

Lambert_Loonie
11-03-2013, 07:40 PM
I had the Steelers winning 5 or 6 of their last 8 games, but I don't have a clue where they get those wins now.

Looking over the rest of the schedule, I think they can beat Buffalo, Cleveland (at home), maybe Miami.

4 or 5 wins? Ugh. God, I can't wait for the season to end. Wake me when training camp gets here.

Shoes
11-03-2013, 07:41 PM
Can we win again this year? I think no honestly. Buffalo next week maybe, but they gave the undefeated Chiefs a game.

Detroit will put up 100 on us
Cleveland can beat us
Baltimore sucks this year too and we beat them once but can we twice?
Miami beat the division winner and is a toss up probably.
Cincinnati will beat us
Green Bay will put up 95 on us
Cleveland again who knows this could be a big game for them if they are in a wild card position.

……and Tomlin will talk on.

86WARD
11-03-2013, 07:41 PM
I say they win 2 more...

zulater
11-03-2013, 07:42 PM
4-12 or 5-11. Can't see any better than that, but could certainly see worse.

Godfather
11-03-2013, 08:29 PM
7-9 or 8-8. Just good enough to ruin our draft position.

st33lersguy
11-03-2013, 08:31 PM
4-12. We will not beat Detroit, Cincy, or Greenbay, we will lose one game to an improved Cleveland team, not banking on beating Baltimore in Baltimore, cause honestly if we played Jacksonville twice, we would lose once. So realistically, we can beat Buffalo, Miami, and Cleveland once. I think out of parody we can win 2 of those games.

Count Steeler
11-03-2013, 08:35 PM
4-12. We will not beat Detroit, Cincy, or Greenbay, we will lose one game to an improved Cleveland team, not banking on beating Baltimore in Baltimore, cause honestly if we played Jacksonville twice, we would lose once. So realistically, we can beat Buffalo, Miami, and Cleveland once. I think out of parody we can win 2 of those games.

I will be shocked if we beat Buffalo. They have an aggressive D line that is going to get after Ben. Kiko Alonso at MLB could be rookie of the year. CJ Spiller and Fred Jackson could easily put up 200-250 yards rushing against this defense. The only thing is we are at home and hopefully some asses will have been thoroughly kicked by next week.

st33lersguy
11-04-2013, 11:00 AM
I will be shocked if we beat Buffalo. They have an aggressive D line that is going to get after Ben. Kiko Alonso at MLB could be rookie of the year. CJ Spiller and Fred Jackson could easily put up 200-250 yards rushing against this defense. The only thing is we are at home and hopefully some asses will have been thoroughly kicked by next week.

I do think we have a chance if Tuel starts at QB, plus they may be emotionally spent after playing the Chiefs hard in a must-win game. They may be emotionally deflated.

zulater
11-04-2013, 11:10 AM

I think the Steelers will beat the Bills. Teams that get blown out almost always cover the spread the next week. I'm guessing we'll be a slight favorite. So a cover will equal a win.

Psycho Ward 86
11-04-2013, 11:43 AM
Well, i suppose 6-10 is looking like a generous prediction now. I think we'll somehow beat the fins and browns (once) just because its at home and when a team is playing this shitty thats the only place where they have a chance.

if the bills dont start ej manuel or thad lewis due to injury, then i think we'll win 5 games

Count Steeler
11-04-2013, 03:39 PM
I do think we have a chance if Tuel starts at QB, plus they may be emotionally spent after playing the Chiefs hard in a must-win game. They may be emotionally deflated.

EJ Manuel has been cleared to play.

Psycho Ward 86
11-04-2013, 03:44 PM
EJ Manuel has been cleared to play.

4 wins it is. with our luck, there will still be 10 teams picking ahead of us in the draft :chuckle: